What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkStorm

First there was TasCann which was founded by Troy, Nevil and 2 others. It existed very briefly (on paper) before being bought out by AusCann.

It never brought in any money, otherwise Troy wouldn't have had to create the Go Fund Me acct for Nevil's Hep C treatment, so I assume that Nevil was broke at that time if he couldn't afford treatment.

Nevil's involvement with TasCann/AusCann only lasted for about 3 mos. before he was no longer listed on their site.

I emailed AusCann's Dr. Elaine Darby at the time (Dr. Mel Washers daughter) to inquire and got this response:

Date: Sat, Jul 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

This web page appears to have been overlooked! The website managers are now
looking into this.

AusCann's licence to produce medicinal cannabis on Norfolk Island is under
review by the Commonwealth. This unfortunately has put AusCann's proposed
Norfolk Island plans on hold. Given the project is on hold and there is
uncertainty on when the project may resume Troy and Nevil are not currently
providing consulting services to AusCann.

Hopefully we will have an outcome to the licence review shortly.

Kind regards

Elaine Darby
Project Manager
Firefly Health Pty Ltd
Phone: 0458 372 511

Nevil was never again listed as consultant or part of the company on the website.

So fast forward to 2018 and the Green Rush news report and Dr. Darby is telling a different story (abt 17:30 in) than the one reported to Hempy. Dr. Darby says that Nevil was given the 14 million shares in exchange for his expertise and seed collection (which they never got because it no longer existed per DS) and that he was #3 shareholder in AusCann and his shares were valued at 30 million (in 2018).

........... hmm, well if he was too broke in 2014 to afford the Hep C treatment but had a potential $30 million for 3 mos. work (which he never performed) by 2018 then maybe he was smarter or, more likely, just grifted another one of his many partners maybe? ;)

The go fund me page was done out of differing circumstances...im not sure nevil or his family were aware of it wen it went live which is why it was pulled so quickly..but at the time the Australian government were saying the treatment to the specific illness were costing thousands of thousands of dollars per round...nevil actually found out large figures were going to the government taxes and addmin and importation fees and the treatment its self was worth very little...along with a friend they worked out a way of getting separate substances into the country...were they could make the treatment themselves costing very very little per round...this way nevil was able to treat himself for a short time..till every thing else cought up with him.
regarding the genetics...if the companies had finalised the paperwork nevils genetics would have been used exclusively under their banner in the legal world...but I dont think there was a simple transaction for plants and seeds....also some of the genetics were put together re collected from old lines...eg ortegas lines, the old 97 nevils haze and the super5 coming from nl5 ibl x skunk...as well as others.

Raho

Veteran
I never replied to your earlier post to me ..you probably saw that...the one were I mentioned Johnny's work with haze....I saw johnny had no problem with the term I used....infact I can go find over 10 posts if not more were the term reproduction has been used by others in reference to johnnys work all over this site yet youve said nothing....so why jump on my post....if johnny had a issue with the term im sure he would of told me....Johnny already knows what I think of his work.
As to these other things you bring up...the word your using do you like it or not....I can go back into this thread and show you other places its been used..other than the ones youve chosen to count...coupled along with the words..not to be trusted..and lier....so you can see that that word dont have a positive affect....as for sammy...maybe I have some respect for sammy..and I didnt want to see him going down that path and using such words...words that coming from him and other people looking up to him other people could use negatively..so I spoke up...I said nothing personally against him...I also didn't say dont mention the past drug use again...if you read back I said ther is nothing wrong with using the words "drug usser" or "former drug user"....and like you've clearly explained yourself how that word can be used....anyway if that word had been used against someone else I would have spoke up then too....Ive seen people who use coke call people who use crack crackheads and look down on them...and ive spoke up....ive said to those coke users they are using the exact same substance as the guy ther looking down on...so that then makes them a crack head too does it not....anyway no need for crap like that...as no one is better than anyone...simple..so no need to paint such pictures

anyway if you have any issues with me please pm me ...thanks.....

PM sent

Cvh

Supermod
lol, in today's haze episode ................

I know. It's a good one today.

studioprodakshn190700657.jpg

regseeds

........... hmm, well if he was too broke in 2014 to afford the Hep C treatment but had a potential $30 million for 3 mos. work (which he never performed) by 2018 then maybe he was smarter or, more likely, just grifted another one of his many partners maybe? ;)

Nev, done them dirty let's call a spade a spade. The genetics never showed up because he was reliant upon Shanti handing over genetics which he wasn't going to do as he already purchased them. Nev rejected being part of the CBD crew LP year or so earlier etc. etc. Too much is intertwined to make sense of the story.

The cannabis business is nothing but drama and nonsense, but we still do it anyway.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
The “business”... -> Sucks
Getting high doesn’t :woohoo::jump:

Haze can be pretty darn entertaining no?
I wonder why...hehe
:flowers2:

regseeds

The “business”... -> Sucks
Getting high doesn’t :woohoo::jump:

I wonder why...hehe
:flowers2:

The business is great. The problem comes when individuals view it as a zero sum game. Fear, Need and Greed

A rising tide lifts all boats

regseeds

Haze has power, much like Jiujitsu

If you smoke haze and your a wanker you will only be a much bigger wanker

If you smoke haze and you treat your fellow human as you like to be treated, this will only be amplified

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
The go fund me page was done out of differing circumstances...im not sure nevil or his family were aware of it wen it went live which is why it was pulled so quickly..but at the time the Australian government were saying the treatment to the specific illness were costing thousands of thousands of dollars per round...nevil actually found out large figures were going to the government taxes and addmin and importation fees and the treatment its self was worth very little...along with a friend they worked out a way of getting separate substances into the country...were they could make the treatment themselves costing very very little per round...this way nevil was able to treat himself for a short time..till every thing else cought up with him.
regarding the genetics...if the companies had finalised the paperwork nevils genetics would have been used exclusively under their banner in the legal world...but I dont think there was a simple transaction for plants and seeds....also some of the genetics were put together re collected from old lines...eg ortegas lines, the old 97 nevils haze and the super5 coming from nl5 ibl x skunk...as well as others.

Well thanks, as I recall, troy Langman put the GFM site up for Nevil on 2/2/15 and someone starting spamming internet pot sites around June. The GFM was up at least through July until Troy made the announcement that Nevil had received the Harvoni from Asia for free and the GFM was no longer needed. The most the site ever took in was $5,500.00, which seemed strange given his 'icon' status.

I remember the saga well, it stuck in my mind 'cause I had a good laugh at Troy saying that Nev kept a list of givers and they would all get a chance to meet with him in the future! :D

But what's this business about "if the companies had finalised the paperwork nevils genetics would have been used exclusively under their banner in the legal world"???

It's hard to believe that AusCann would give Nevil 14 million shares and then lose out by not completing paperwork to get what they had already paid for. :blowbubbles:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
First there was TasCann which was founded by Troy, Nevil and 2 others. It existed very briefly (on paper) before being bought out by AusCann.

It never brought in any money, otherwise Troy wouldn't have had to create the Go Fund Me acct for Nevil's Hep C treatment, so I assume that Nevil was broke at that time if he couldn't afford treatment.

Nevil's involvement with TasCann/AusCann only lasted for about 3 mos. before he was no longer listed on their site.

I emailed AusCann's Dr. Elaine Darby at the time (Dr. Mel Washers daughter) to inquire and got this response:

Date: Sat, Jul 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

This web page appears to have been overlooked! The website managers are now
looking into this.

AusCann's licence to produce medicinal cannabis on Norfolk Island is under
review by the Commonwealth. This unfortunately has put AusCann's proposed
Norfolk Island plans on hold. Given the project is on hold and there is
uncertainty on when the project may resume Troy and Nevil are not currently
providing consulting services to AusCann.

Hopefully we will have an outcome to the licence review shortly.

Kind regards

Elaine Darby
Project Manager
Firefly Health Pty Ltd
Phone: 0458 372 511

Nevil was never again listed as consultant or part of the company on the website.

So fast forward to 2018 and the Green Rush news report and Dr. Darby is telling a different story (abt 17:30 in) than the one reported to Hempy. Dr. Darby says that Nevil was given the 14 million shares in exchange for his expertise and seed collection (which they never got because it no longer existed per DS) and that he was #3 shareholder in AusCann and his shares were valued at 30 million (in 2018).

Hi Cosmic like i posted before Troy was the founder of TassCann then came Nevil around 2013 they were trying to get a deal that would of made them the first legal cannabis company in Australia. The plan was to work along side the Unavercity in Tasmania but that failed. Mal Washer was brought in by Nevil they then tried to set up on Norfolk Island but that failed also because the federal government got involved .

Dr. Elaine Darby Mal Washers Daughter along with her husband came later they all got stock but the largest stock holders were Troy his father and Nevil.

Nevil traveled to Norfolk Island not only was he a share holder he was on there pay roll at this time as a breeder consultant still.

Nevil with the help of a Doctor in Tasmania managed to source Harvoni i believe from India for less than $2000 a treatment Nevil paid for that and around the time the treatment was costing if memory serves me right around $90.000 per treatment per person.

Nevil took the Harvoni and cured him self of H/C i was calling him twice a day over this time period as he was living alone and isolated and unwell from the Harvoni. Nevil played a big roll along with the Doctor in reducing the cost of Harvoni there is more to it but this is the short version.

Nevil had amassed a huge genetic collection people from all over the world sent him things people who were his friends like Jim Ortiga to people on the forums that wanted him to try there lines in the hope they make the Grail project .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nev, done them dirty let's call a spade a spade. The genetics never showed up because he was reliant upon Shanti handing over genetics which he wasn't going to do as he already purchased them. Nev rejected being part of the CBD crew LP year or so earlier etc. etc. Too much is intertwined to make sense of the story.

The cannabis business is nothing but drama and nonsense, but we still do it anyway.

The only clone Nevil ever care about that was in Holland was Haze C i was friends with both shanti and Nevil i cant or more wont talk about there business that is best left privet between them.

Shanti invited Nevil to join the MrNice forum he would not of done that if there was bad blood between them at that time what went on behind the sens is privet and should be.

Nevil was not a fan of high CBD he wanted to breed natural cannabis.

Nevil had a huge genetic collection in Australia from pure Haze to things from Jim Ortiga who was Nevils friend that use to trade genetics way back to things growers had collected and worked with for years and years.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
DarkStorm, Hempy started this thread to talk about "Haze". Read the title.
From the very beginning, this thread has been about Nevil, and that is 100% because of Hempy.
I have no problem with that. We should have A GREAT thread about Nevil here.
Unfortunately, this thread is not it. I come here to read (and not post) because for me it has all the fire, drama and insanity of a Telemundo Novela.

I just wish Hempy would change the name of the thread because it is clearly labelled wrong.
It should be:
"Nevil and the Hazes he made"
or . . .
"King Nevil and the days of his Haze"

or maybe most accurately . . .
"Nevil's friend Hempy (and his Thia . . . nobody else knows anything!)"

If you don't like people mentioning Heroin with Nevil, then please TDS, stop doing it.

I guess were lucky the site is owned by Gypsy and not you ha Raho.

For a guy that keeps posting negativity then claims to never be back you seam to have become a fairly regular part of the entertainment of this thread Raho.

What was it you and a few of your friends told me when i posted in bigherbs thread that's right this thread is about Sam's Haze and questions relating to it you want to talk about Nevils Haze then we suggest you go start your own thread ( a nicer version than the original ).

So i did but unlike you lot i welcomed every one to discuss Haze no matter were it came from here but your still not happy i guess you cant please every one.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
So Hempy, regarding that fuckery with AusCann, I'm curious about what made Nevil write that check (offering up his original seed library) his ass couldn't cash. Did he take the chance in good faith thinking that Shanti would come through all the while worrying about his poor health and wanting to provide for his family?

Desperation would explain a lot and you would know more about his emotional state back then than anyone else. :tiphat:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So Hempy, regarding that fuckery with AusCann, I'm curious about what made Nevil write that check (offering up his original seed library) his ass couldn't cash. Did he take the chance in good faith thinking that Shanti would come through all the while worrying about his poor health and wanting to provide for his family?

Desperation would explain a lot and you would know more about his emotional state back then than anyone else. :tiphat:

Hi Cosmic the only fuckery in AusCann came from the washers but Nevil was way smarter than all of them and as a result Troy his Dad and Nevil all came away from it with benefits why they were so dirty with Nevil were talking corporate here boards so on and they don't play nice.

Nevil had no intention of ever allowing others to own his genetics the deal was they could use his work at a % call it a royalty and that was agreed on from the very start. There were layers involved this was after all a legal venture.

I cant talk about his affairs agreements with shanti as i was friends with both but shanti and Nevil came to an agreement then Howard released a statement on this in 2012 but kept what was agreed upon privet.

"Howard and Shantibaba will continue to run MNS as it has always been, which includes keeping all the mothers and fathers that make up all strains currently on offer. They will also continue to fulfil their obligation to the medical use of cannabis by getting involved with projects such as CBD-crew. Nevil has decided to pursue his own new goals. The decisions are mutually agreed, but the deliberations that led to them are in-house and confidential and not appropriate as material for public gossip.

Love as always

Howard"

Nevil had accesses to his work from Holland what is also not being said is Nevil was legal and set up his own thing but sadly past away before the fields could be planted with Hazes.

Nevil did more work on breeding in Australia than most understand.

acespicoli

index.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	index.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	19.3 KB ID:	17850762

throw back thursday :) nice haze cut pics thx for sharing
cant imagine what cannabis would be without his contributions
im old enough to appreciate
rest in peace bro, all the greats have haters
Nevil Martin Schoenmakers (2 February 1956 – 30 March 2019)
Schoenmakers was described by High Times magazine in 1985 as the "King of Cannabis"

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

Ther was no transaction for seed or plants...it would have been similar to what they do in the usa...people set up a business growing or extracting and in some situations the strains are on licence exclusively to the said brand wich creates more demand..exclusive strains are paid for to be used under that brand....but the end seeds plants and strains still belong to the original person rather than the company....there is alot of this happening in the usa ... in the Australian situation they got all the pieces in place to grow...but they wernt given authorisation to actually grow the plants in the end...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi Dark question for you has the mango smell / terp ever been reported in the Nevils Haze ?.

All the F1s i grew i never saw a plant with what i would call fruity smells.

Reason i am asking is i think i may have one she started smelling of mild lemon tones then few weeks later i am picking up strong mango.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts