What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you can tell the difference between someone's life journey and personal attacks it will change the conversation drastically. I've not seen anyone attack Nevil. All I see are people posting what they know about the man.

TheDarkStorm

When you can tell the difference between someone's life journey and personal attacks it will change the conversation drastically. I've not seen anyone attack Nevil. All I see are people posting what they know about the man.

I suppose that would depend on your veiw point hammer head.... I know alot of people for some reson refer to nevil as a junky and this term has been connected to him so much that there are some of the younger generation who think thats what he was and all he was, an ive even seen some actually say this due to people putting it out there in such a way. I know people personally who've had issues with hard drugs and it would offend me if I had a brother and people were going around calling him a junky....and even more so if the brother has over come that problem...im sure it would make you feel uncomfortable if it was used in reference to someone close to you...and more so if that problem was a past overcome issue. There is nothing wrong with using the term "former drug user"....the word junky is mainly used as a derogatory term....even though the user of the word may not mean it in such a way, but it can be an is offensive to some, and definitely used as a derogatory term by most.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suppose that would depend on your veiw point hammer head.... I know alot of people for some reson refer to nevil as a junky and this term has been connected to him so much that there are some of the younger generation who think thats what he was and all he was, an ive even seen some actually say this due to people putting it out there in such a way. I know people personally who've had issues with hard drugs and it would offend me if I had a brother and people were going around calling him a junky....and even more so if the brother has over come that problem...im sure it would make you feel uncomfortable if it was used in reference to someone close to you...and more so if that problem was a past overcome issue. There is nothing wrong with using the term "former drug user"....the word junky is mainly used as a derogatory term....even though the user of the word may not mean it in such a way, but it can be an is offensive to some, and definitely used as a derogatory term by most.

If Nevil was a junky that is not an attack it's a fact. It was part of Nevil's life journey. I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone that went through this. I'll never think badly of a person because they are or were a junky. It's a horrible disease. It makes people do shit they normally wouldn't. I guess calling someone a junky could be interpreted as derogatory but For me, a Junky is someone who still carries that monkey on their back and is not an insult. It doesn't change how I see them. Only immature people use it in a derogatory fashion.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
What exactly is that (genetics make up)one , Mexcurandero 420 ?!
Probably the Colombian Gold part of Haze.

During the next year the seeds produced the four varieties. I was given a description by Sams of “fruity``, “sour``,“rootbeer``,“cola``,“chocolate`` and “hashy``. Later, a more accurate description of each variety was given. The first being Magenta, which those in the inner-circle knew as the “Rootbeer pheno``, and the rest of the world knew as “purple haze``. Then, there was the “Gold`` which was known to carry musky sandlewood and pine traits.

TheDarkStorm

Just a point I mentioned before...What we do know is nevil went and joined sensi once he skipped bail and got back to holland....and went back there so he could get a hazeC clip and his c5(1) cutting (aswell as all the others eg afghanT ect..hazeA had already been lost at this point )..'its most likely Simon also got the c5(1) clip to mother his kali mist from sensi too....so its probably safe to say that the vintage cuttings being held and going around are probably not the same as those breeding cuts that ended up at sensi...as the now vintage cuts were supposedly around and accessible at the same time nevil chose to go work for ben and smuggle out these other cuts.

TheDarkStorm

Probably the Colombian Gold part of Haze.

Good post mexcurandero....that picture reminded me alot of some of the c5 f1 very sativa phenotypes....that gave off the ridiculously strong scent and taste of sandlewood..almost to the point you'd think they'd dunked the whole bud in some chemical..airfresherner haze..

Yo Sammy

Veteran
For the record:

In the early ’90’s I had the pleasure of sampling some weed named A5Haze.
Short after I got connected to a small crew that offered this weed.

Apart from A5Hz they also offered C5Hz, HPHz, AG13, CG13, DTHz, DurbanHz & Nevils Hz.
I had the feeling I entered weed heaven and shortly after my initiation I was asked if I was maybe interested in cultivating these plants small scaled.

These people knew that small timers who loved smoking these flowers were best qualified to cultivate these special cultivars.
Commercial growers usually didn’t connect to these kind of varieties compared to people growing mainly for their own supply.

The agreement was to only flower these plants, don’t make cuttings or keep moms and what ever could be shared, flowed back to this crew.
An agreement that got maintained over the years by most growers, myself included.

Around the millennium this crew got hit hard by law enforcement causing loss of preserved plants and in the end disagreements and fall outs between the main people.
These events put the remaining preserved plants in danger of extinction.

A few people took it upon themselves to continue preservation of what remained and went deep underground.
This way the majority of Nevils best old hybridised haze cuttings were saved from extinction.

Over a decade later Nevil appeared on MNS board where I was also active.
After seeing my work and what I claimed to be preserving Nevil reached out to me to verify the authenticity of the cuttings by requiring who exactly my connections were.

After hearing my story he requested me to get him back in touch with Bonk, which I did.
Nevil asked Bonk to prepare cuttings and send them to Oz.

Bonk refused and replied he would only give them to Nevil himself in person.
I always felt loyal to Bonk, who was my source, my mentor and inspirator to try and equal his cultivation skills of the old Haze Hybrids bred by Nevil.

After their disagreement Nevil called me again.
I could tell he was not happy when he told me Bonk refused his request.

During our convo he kinda ordered me to get him his cuttings back in any way i saw fit.
I replied that I was loyal to Bonk prior to anyone so I would go and ask why he refused Nevils request and to see if i could try and help to resolve things between them.

So I payed Bonk another visit where he said to me that only Nevil himself could come and pick them up as he been told by him and had occurred in the past.
He reassured me that Nevil and him would work things out further and made it very clear that if Nevil wanted his cuttings back it had to go by him and him only, definitely not by me or anyone else.

I briefed Nevil about this and asked him to try and settle things with Bonk instead of me from then on.
Bonk and him had some brief correspondence after this but were not able to resolve things between them.

Nevil contacted me again and asked me kinda rigidly to send him what he wanted.
I refused and told him he should sort things out with Bonk.

I realise Nevil wasn’t happy not getting his cuttings back the way he anticipated and thus ventilated his frustration to people like you and/or dj9
I can understand that and I get why you hold a grudge.

But I reject your claims as having abused Nevils work and/or have disrespected his early work in any way.
The only 2 people that started making such weird accusations after Nevils passing were dj9 and you hempy, coincidentally two of Nevils closest friends.

I get where it’s coming from and I have no problems with that.
Never for a second did I have the intention to attack Nevil or anyone else in any way.

If Nevil took the time to become more friendly with me I would have gladly send him everything he requested.

You have to realise I don’t follow anyone’s orders.

I prefer making my own choices.

Hope this info will help clear out certain things as I felt our community is entitled to know the engine behind 'Team Haze"
Some things are best kept private hempy....

Peace.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO if someone shares their work with another and for whatever reasons asked to get cuts back from any that have them the only response should have been an OK brother.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You do realize Sammy that the only interest i had with Nevils clones was are they real or fake and i asked Nevil about the clones and asked him if they were his old clones that was it my only interest i had in them even if they were real and Nevil had them and offered them to me i would not have an interest in them apart from HzC and i would of been happy with a little pollen also.

What every one fails to get here is HzA HzC and the other Hz Nevil found are all related there siblings brother sister.

I found plants that would equal or better i know this because both Nevil and shanti Sampled some and Nevil was shocked by a quality of a sample i sent him.If i could find these type of plants so could any one that grew F1 seed from Nevil or later on by shanti.

How many 5HzC seed did Nevil sell and what would be the odds the F1 seed every grower got found something special that adds up to a shit load of special plants.

Take away Nevils name do you honestly think there be the same interest in these clones regardless how good they are or were the answer would be no.

I could not give a rats ass what any of you grow or do with these clones but when i sit here and read personal attacks on Nevil and i see people continue reading people discredit his work since he past away it kinda rubs me the wrong way Sammy we even see Todd doing it.

You don't show some one respect by attacking them.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You do realize Sammy that the only interest i had with Nevils clones was are they real or fake and i asked Nevil about the clones and asked him if they were his old clones that was it my only interest i had in them even if they were real and Nevil had them and offered them to me i would not have an interest in them apart from HzC and i would of been happy with a little pollen also.

What every one fails to get here is HzA HzC and the other Hz Nevil found are all related there siblings brother sister.

I found plants that would equal or better i know this because both Nevil and shanti Sampled some and Nevil was shocked by a quality of a sample i sent him.If i could find these type of plants so could any one that grew F1 seed from Nevil or later on by shanti.

How many 5HzC seed did Nevil sell and what would be the odds the F1 seed every grower got found something special that adds up to a shit load of special plants.

Take away Nevils name do you honestly think there be the same interest in these clones regardless how good they are or were the answer would be no.

I could not give a rats ass what any of you grow or do with these clones but when i sit here and read personal attacks on Nevil and i see people continue reading people discredit his work since he past away it kinda rubs me the wrong way Sammy we even see Todd doing it.

You don't show some one respect by attacking them.

Yes if the quality is there id say plenty of interest. ,Why would his name matter?. If those cuts were shit no one would want them. I don't care who's name is attached. If any cut has the quality and has the genetics I like, I'm always interested regardless of who's name is their. . If they were crap his name wouldn't change that. Again with the overboard worshiping nonsense.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yes if the quality is there id say plenty of interest. ,Why would his name matter?. If those cuts were shit no one would want them. I don't care who's name is attached. If any cut has the quality and has the genetics I like, I'm always interested regardless of who's name is their. . If they were crap his name wouldn't change that. Again with the overboard worshiping nonsense.

Nevils names sells even you would no that and i don't see any Nevil worshiping here Hammer i just see try hards trying to tear down a guy that breed cannabis made seed sold seed and as a result spent 30 plus years of his life avoiding being kidnapped and exported back to the US were he would of sat in a prison cell till he died.

Nevil started the seed industry and spread seed far n wide what did you do Hammer to give you the right to rubbish him or support the attack on Nevil ?.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
If Nevil was a junky that is not an attack it's a fact. It was part of Nevil's life journey. I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone that went through this. I'll never think badly of a person because they are or were a junky. It's a horrible disease. It makes people do shit they normally wouldn't. I guess calling someone a junky could be interpreted as derogatory but For me, a Junky is someone who still carries that monkey on their back and is not an insult. It doesn't change how I see them. Only immature people use it in a derogatory fashion.
Just an aside since you are bringing up talk of junky's. When I was growing up hammer was slang for heroin, and a Hammerhead was a heroin user. I'm sure that's not the reason for your name, just thought it funny that someone called Hammerhead was discussing this.
:gday:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just an aside since you are bringing up talk of junky's. When I was growing up hammer was slang for heroin, and a Hammerhead was a heroin user. I'm sure that's not the reason for your name, just thought it funny that someone called Hammerhead was discussing this.
:gday:

LOL, I didn't bring it up. I've never heard heroine being called hammer or a guy named hammerhead that was a junky. Must have been a name you guys used. It's not listed as slang I can find. It's def a new one for me. I could easily tell the same story but change the name to Chi13 lol. where I grew up it was called mota.

Nevils names sells even you would no that and i don't see any Nevil worshiping here Hammer i just see try hards trying to tear down a guy that breed cannabis made seed sold seed and as a result spent 30 plus years of his life avoiding being kidnapped and exported back to the US were he would of sat in a prison cell till he died.

Nevil started the seed industry and spread seed far n wide what did you do Hammer to give you the right to rubbish him or support the attack on Nevil ?.

It's only you that sees that dude. Medication can help you with that. you inflate every discussion into some nonsense about attacks or you argue about shit straight out of left field. You def read shit that isn't posted. Not a single person has attacked your idol. Lots of us do good deeds and not expect something in return or make posts to inflate our ego. I digress we cant fix your issues.:D

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Nevil spoke of his haze work and breading in detail to me Sammy and i am sure to a few others he did all the work him self the one regret he had was he never took clones of the female plant that would just not stop flowering but he did make seed using that plant. I asked him specific questions on that plant and i told him why i think it did what it did and it was not genetic related all plants have finishing points.

The germination and work with Haze started at the castle.

So what you trying to tell us Sammy ?.

Firstly, work with Original Haze started with the Haze Bros and Sam the Skunkman. Why can you still not get your facts straight?

Dude. I am not one to delve in negativity but your karma is extremely dark and upsetting and I feel time is getting shorter for you here as the days pass.

Nevil told everyone all the things related to his handful of Haze plants which he acquired from Sam the Skunkman on the MNS not just you buddy. In fact he went into great detail over there with regard to most of the things he did. Its all over there on record and we don't need you to rehash it over here.

I had much respect for you until you just kept on with all of this. I have tried to stay impartial. However I find it absolutely nonsensical for you to continue even after coming back from a time out like one would give a toddler. What have you given back to this community? Buckets with a hole and hand watering, pretty sure you didn't invent planting pots with holes in them. As for 3 seeds acquired form a friend and one of which that Hermied and no one else has grown pure, who cares its probably Hemp anyway.

I must say that before you started all of this negative posting that I also had the utmost respect for Nevil and grew out most of the offerings of his work from Sensi before they started screwing with the lines.

You have made me realize that Nevil was nothing more than the first one to truly start the complete Bastardization of pure Cannabis.

And now you have insulted even more very kind and generous members of our community, many of which give out their hard work for free and even paying to get it out there? They do that for the spirit of brotherhood and to further this movement. And for that I Salute them, each and everyone.

For many this little place is our Temple, a place to come and celebrate and grow as a community. For you it appears this is a place you treat as a latrine. While I continue to hope that you will make a miraculous recovery, chances of that are fading with each continued post. Maybe find a new hobby, something that will make you happy with your old age. Time is short, best to make the most of it.

ག་ལེར་བཞུགས་།
LostTribe

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Firstly, work with Original Haze started with the Haze Bros and Sam the Skunkman. Why can you still not get your facts straight?

Dude. I am not one to delve in negativity but your karma is extremely dark and upsetting and I feel time is getting shorter for you here as the days pass.

Nev told everyone all the things related to his few Haze plants which he acquired from Sam the Skunkman on the MNS not just you buddy. In fact he went into great detail over there with regard to most of the things he did. Its all over there on record and we don't need you to rehash it over here. I had much respect for you until you just kept on with all of this. I have tried to stay impartial. However I find it absolutely nonsensical for you to continue even after coming back from a time out like one would give a toddler. What have you given back to this community? Buckets with a hole and hand watering, pretty sure you didn't invent planting pots with holes in them. As for 3 seeds acquired form a friend and one of which that Hermied and no one else has grown pure, who cares its probably Hemp anyway.

I must say that before you started all of this negative posting that I also had the utmost respect for Nevil and grew out most of the offerings of his work from Sensi before they started screwing with the lines.

You have made me realize that Nevil was nothing more than the first one to truly start the complete Bastardization of pure Cannabis.

And now you have insulted even more very kind and generous members of our community, many of which give out their hard work for free and even paying to get it out there? They do that for the spirit of brotherhood and to further this movement. And for that I Salute them, each and everyone.

For many this little place is our Temple, a place to come and celebrate and grow as a community. For you it appears this is a place you treat as a latrine. While I continue to hope that you will make a miraculous recovery, chances of that are fading with each continued post. Maybe find a new hobby, something that will make you happy with your old age. Time is short, best to make the most of it.

ག་ལེར་བཞུགས་།
LostTribe

Your turn now is it ?.

I helped 1000s of grows gave my time freely what have you done or contributed to the community spare me not interested honest.

I did come up with the hempy bucket shared it freely and sadly only got drama for it dose that bother you.

The older growers who don't bother with try hards like you know i did and to be honest your a nobody that should focus his time on improving his grow skills instead of attacking people that have said nothing to you.

Any of you defending the personal attacks on Nevil or participating in them are people the community needs to avoid.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I would appreciate it if every one from this point on stayed on topic and left the personal attack well out of this thread.

I would also ask that you stop attacking Nevil as he is no longer with us and able to defend him self.

Not much of an ask from adults really.

LostTribe

Premium user
I would appreciate it if every one from this point on stayed on topic and left the personal attack well out of this thread.

I would also ask that you stop attacking Nevil as he is no longer with us and able to defend him self.

Not much of an ask from adults really.

Every Single Person INCLUDING YOU.

Bye Bye Thread. As many before me have done.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
- coming soon - 'The Haze Wrestling Thread' - where members can wrestle over various types of Haze - oh wait a minute - <strokes beard> -

This thread is my daily soap opera.

Like sands through the hour glass
So are the days of our haze.

Status
Not open for further replies.