What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkStorm

Hi Dark question for you has the mango smell / terp ever been reported in the Nevils Haze ?.

All the F1s i grew i never saw a plant with what i would call fruity smells.

Reason i am asking is i think i may have one she started smelling of mild lemon tones then few weeks later i am picking up strong mango.

Yeah hempy...those tones start coming out more so once the line is took to successive generations .although depending on how its grown there are some phenos in the f1 that give out a diesely fuely mango scent...on some you can get a leathery mango tone...on some it changes as it gets later into the plant life...how many weeks in are you ? Are you getting any of the camphor tones yet

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Week 9 and a bit of 11/13 now i only noticed it as i said it went from a mild lemon to now a Mango this plant if you touch her flowers you end up with a oily type of feel that has you smelling for hours even after trying to wash your hands it stays there almost like a petroleum product yet stand close no smell typical from haze.

The other NH has no real smell yet but looks nice to i cant see these finish before week 18 but would not be surprised if they go 20 or over.

I need to get a battery for the camera will take a few pics.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi Cosmic the only fuckery in AusCann came from the washers but Nevil was way smarter than all of them and as a result Troy his Dad and Nevil all came away from it with benefits why they were so dirty with Nevil were talking corporate here boards so on and they don't play nice.

Nevil had no intention of ever allowing others to own his genetics the deal was they could use his work at a % call it a royalty and that was agreed on from the very start. There were layers involved this was after all a legal venture.

I cant talk about his affairs agreements with shanti as i was friends with both but shanti and Nevil came to an agreement then Howard released a statement on this in 2012 but kept what was agreed upon privet.

Nevil had accesses to his work from Holland what is also not being said is Nevil was legal and set up his own thing but sadly past away before the fields could be planted with Hazes.

Nevil did more work on breeding in Australia than most understand.

the part of the quote in bold letters is what nevil complained about someone wanting him to do ,
I think it was suggested , he said no way in the world ,
but there he was wanting to do it himself ,, funny how that goes with nevil ,
I think this is one of the reasons folks didn't really like doing business with him much ,
or at least those that did felt ripped off , used or lied to afterwards ,

I guess there is a fine line between being shrewd and outright dishonest ... ???

its ironic nevil sourced genetic material from folks willing to give for free ,
and then turned around and wanted to make deals like in the above quote ...

i guess those were seeds made during the collaboration between him and kanga ,
which I'm sure nevil profited from , did he ever share any with kanga , help him in jail etc ,
doubtful, in fact when he was asked would he give kanga back some of the cuts they selected together ,
he said no ...
but when the shoe was on the other foot , he got all but hurt didn't he ...

i think he produced some good stuff , but his business practices were bloody terrible ,
dishonorable and downright dishonest ,
otherwise ya to talk with about cannabis ,, i had a great few conversations ,
I'm glad that's as far as it went ...

just because a guy is dead , we don't have to pretend he was an angel ,
so stop with the we are disrespecting him bullshit hempy ,
we are the only ones being real in fact , you are living in a fantasy world with your ideals and idolizing..

TheDarkStorm

the part of the quote in bold letters is what nevil complained about someone wanting him to do ,
I think it was suggested , he said no way in the world ,
but there he was wanting to do it himself ,, funny how that goes with nevil ,
I think this is one of the reasons folks didn't really like doing business with him much ,
or at least those that did felt ripped off , used or lied to afterwards ,

I guess there is a fine line between being shrewd and outright dishonest ... ???

its ironic nevil sourced genetic material from folks willing to give for free ,
and then turned around and wanted to make deals like in the above quote ...

i guess those were seeds made during the collaboration between him and kanga ,
which I'm sure nevil profited from , did he ever share any with kanga , help him in jail etc ,
doubtful, in fact when he was asked would he give kanga back some of the cuts they selected together ,
he said no ...
but when the shoe was on the other foot , he got all but hurt didn't he ...

i think he produced some good stuff , but his business practices were bloody terrible ,
dishonorable and downright dishonest ,
otherwise ya to talk with about cannabis ,, i had a great few conversations ,
I'm glad that's as far as it went ...

just because a guy is dead , we don't have to pretend he was an angel ,
so stop with the we are disrespecting him bullshit hempy ,
we are the only ones being real in fact , you are living in a fantasy world with your ideals and idolizing..

I didn't really understand wat you ment exactly donald...did someone give nevil something and ask for royalties....actually id rather not no...these things get to complicated for my head....nothing wrong in voicing your experience Donald...good or bad...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I never saw or heard any claim of Nevil twisting peoples arms or putting people into head locks demanding there genetics did you Donald ?.

What i saw was a rush of people joining MrNice so they could interact with Nevil and many of them were wanting to some how use Nevil to better them self's. Others just wanted to share contribute to Nevils grail project its not complicated.

People sent Nevil genetics from all over the world Donald but you knew that already.

You keep bringing up Nevil and Kangas arrangement and yet i never see you condemn what bushweed did but his a mate so that is okay right ?. He did the wrong thing to both Kanga and Nevil.

Didn't Kanga also get genetics from Nevil that people had sent him i thought Nevil shared with Kanga also so why act like Nevil brought nothing to that calibration Donald .

Chi13

ICMag Donor
This thread seems to be more about Nevil than haze. I remember seeing an Australian ABC program called Green Rush by 4 Corners which someone mentioned a few pages ago. I came out of that thinking that Nevil was pretty much a con man. The company, Auscann were very naive, but Nevil was also hired by another company as a consultant. Anyone interested can watch below. Nevil is mentioned from 17:20 to about 24 mins.
https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/green-rush/9688790

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The only con artists was the Washers If it was not for Nevil the founder of the company who is a shit bag by the way he would of got nothing for all his work and effort.

If people didn't attack Nevil then there be no focus on him apart from his genetics but they keep looking for things to tear the guy down with sad.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I've got nothing against Nevil at all, but I have an interest in the Australian Cannabis industry. You are presenting one side to Nevil. There are other opinions.

From the above link to Green Rush:
In exchange for the promise of his expertise the company gave Shoenmakers 14 million shares.
Interviewer -"And what did you get for that?"
Elaine Darby -"Well, we got a lot of entertaining lunches and dinners with Nevil"
But his seeds were never delivered.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I've got nothing against Nevil at all, but I have an interest in the Australian Cannabis industry. You are presenting one side to Nevil. There are other opinions.

From the above link to Green Rush:
In exchange for the promise of his expertise the company gave Shoenmakers 14 million shares.
Interviewer -"And what did you get for that?"
Elaine Darby -"Well, we got a lot of entertaining lunches and dinners with Nevil"
But his seeds were never delivered.

Your passing judgement with out hearing both sides i posted a more real account of things not sure if you read that yet.

I to have an interest in cannabis law reform in Australia fk the cannabis industry here because they along with most activist only care to cash in of the back of patients.

What non of you get is all the moves played out by the Washers and yes even Nevil set back real cannabis law reform here by at lest a decade.

Me and Nevil had a falling out over this but we mended friendships towards the end not one person claiming to be an activist in Australia be it for patients or for rec have supported real law reform here as most are only in this to cash in.

The hemp party is a complete joke and cashing in on it to.

The only people pushing and supporting law reform are Politicians yes Politicians try and get your head around that the law reform seen happen in the ACT was because of Labor there are some truths for you all.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I didn't really understand wat you ment exactly donald...did someone give nevil something and ask for royalties....actually id rather not no...these things get to complicated for my head....nothing wrong in voicing your experience Donald...good or bad...

it was a reference to a quote hempy made darkie ,
and yea its probably not worth knowing about really ,,
my head spins knowing the depth of what folks do sometimes too ,
I just try to keep things simple and be nice to folks and do the right thing ...

i think its important that both sides of stories are mentioned ,
otherwise we end up a bit lopsided,
so thanks for saying that ...

TheDarkStorm

Hmmm people arguing over nevils stock...those guy wernt alowed to grow...they never legaly had permission to grow one plant...so why would nevil publicly produce seeds...in Australia in of all places...especially with his legal history. They were supposed to get legal permission to grow plants. Its like me spending millions on opening a recreational dispensary in the uk...I do a deal with burner for example and buy the rights to have exclusive strains in my dispensary...but obviously I cant legaly sell thc cannabis recreationally in the uk no mater how impressive my plan and store may look to the government..but now cuz I made a dumb move and my moneys dead an I owe my investors... and i should have waited till I had legal permission to actually sell weed before spending my cash and other investors money on the whole thing..Im now complaining burner hasnt give me the weed..... But evry one wants a piece of the bank now. Youd be suprised how far it goes.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Hmmm people arguing over nevils stock...those guy wernt alowed to grow...they never legaly had permission to grow one plant...so why would nevil publicly produce seeds...in Australia in of all places...especially with his legal history. They were supposed to get legal permission to grow plants. Its like me spending millions on opening a recreational dispensary in the uk...I do a deal with burner for example and buy the rights to have exclusive strains in my dispensary...but obviously I cant legaly sell thc cannabis recreationally in the uk no mater how impressive my plan and store may look to the government..but now cuz I made a dumb move and my moneys dead an I owe my investors... and i should have waited till I had legal permission to actually sell weed before spending my cash and other investors money on the whole thing..Im now complaining burner hasnt give me the weed..... But evry one wants a piece of the bank now. Youd be suprised how far it goes.
Really?
A partnership between Tasmanian Alkaloids and pharmaceutical company AusCann to grow medicinal cannabis in Tasmania has been formalised.

Pharmaceutical company AusCann and Tasmanian Alkaloids entered into a partnership in May to seek a licence to cultivate, grow and distribute medicinal cannabis. In a statement to the ASX on Tuesday, AusCann confirmed the licence had been granted for the crop.
https://www.examiner.com.au/story/4783434/tas-alks-licence-for-cannabis-approved/

TheDarkStorm

Really?
A partnership between Tasmanian Alkaloids and pharmaceutical company AusCann to grow medicinal cannabis in Tasmania has been formalised.

Pharmaceutical company AusCann and Tasmanian Alkaloids entered into a partnership in May to seek a licence to cultivate, grow and distribute medicinal cannabis. In a statement to the ASX on Tuesday, AusCann confirmed the licence had been granted for the crop.
https://www.examiner.com.au/story/47...abis-approved/

Do you know if anything was grown in the end chi....im sure it was granted then pulled...I could be wrong....but then they would have been growing would they have not.and been making money...even if they had to get seed from else were an do it without nevil.
I know of a recent one were permission has been passed and nevils genetics are planned to be used exclusively...an they do have the stuff...not sure what stage the guys are at as some of them got tierd of the wait for the paper work
thanks for the link..il take a look at it.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Do you know if anything was grown in the end chi....im sure it was granted then pulled...I could be wrong....but then they would have been growing would they have not.and been making money...even if they had to get seed from else were an do it without nevil.
I know of a recent one were permission has been passed and nevils genetics are planned to be used exclusively...not sure what stage the guys are at as some of them got tierd of the wait for the paper work
thanks for the link..il take a look at it.

Nothing was grown by Auscann. They have abandoned growing and are solely pharmaceutical as far as I'm aware. I don't believe that had anything to do with the licence being "pulled".

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Nevil, Nevil, Nevil,....
Ok, Ok,
Some Nevilles Haze then I guess, it’s more about the plants IMHO
F4473EBF-9B13-4463-94B9-680BBDC504F3.jpeg

1B6186DB-3223-4326-B748-45806CDAFF70.jpeg
3585C65B-9DCF-4607-85BF-EFE6198A362D.jpeg
It’s worth considering that without SamS old OHaze seeds Nevil could never have become “King of cannabis”
Let that sink in “Team (Nevil) Haze”
More plants, less drama.
:tiphat:

TheDarkStorm

Nothing was grown by Auscann. They have abandoned growing and are solely pharmaceutical as far as I'm aware. I don't believe that had anything to do with the licence being "pulled".

Cool...thanks....chi....you got any intresting haze types on the menus around your sides at the moment...or any interesting haze based plans in the works

TheDarkStorm

Nevil, Nevil, Nevil,....
Ok, Ok,

It’s worth considering that without SamS old OHaze seeds Nevil could never have become “King of cannabis”
More plants, less drama.

Some lovely Crystalized funk on show ther sammy...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevil, Nevil, Nevil,....
Ok, Ok,

More plants, less drama.

Sam has always been given the credit for taking Haze to Holland Sammy.

With out the haze brothers not even Sam would of got hold of haze and with out Nevil you not be growing Nevils haze or the clones he arranged for you to get Team Sammy.

Lets keep it honest and clean.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Sam has always been given the credit for taking Haze to Holland Sammy.

With out the haze brothers not even Sam would of got hold of haze and with out Nevil you not be growing Nevils haze or the clones he arranged for you to get Team Sammy.

Lets keep it honest and clean.

How could Nevil be aware of me preserving the old cuttings before his so called “arrangement”?
We were preserving these clones for way longer then when he and I interacted via MNS board...
You clearly don’t have any clue.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
How could Nevil be aware of me preserving the old cuttings before his so called “arrangement”?
We were preserving these clones for way longer then when he and I interacted via MNS board...
You clearly don’t have any clue.

What are you going to tell us next Sammy that you breed these lines and did Nevil a favor and loaned them to him so he could win a few cups lol Spare us :D

Yosemite Sam - Posted November 26, 2011

Like i said before A5 doesn't have the A5 anymore.

I replied to his topic to be friendly, not to say that he was mistaken about the A5.

I refered to his method of growing, it's the old skool style and that's why i replied in the first place.

I know A5 personally for over 20 years, we started growing together.

Do you know A5 personally or you just like to quote other people from what's on these boards and stir up shit?

I hope A5 will come here soon to clear his mess up so we can all get over this A5 thang.

I guess it must come from his own mounth before you believe me and i don't blame you for it.

Maybe A5 can be straight for ones and for all and tell you all he has no real A5 anymore, no mango nor diesel pheno.

But i'll tell you E.T., if you don't know the details you better quit stirring up shit here, it's not good for the vibes here man and it's not worth it.

@ Eskobar: we (the A5 group as you called us) never fell appart, but the people that originally held these haze hybrids did.

Cheers

YS

Hi E,

A5, the grower and I go way back, we even started growing together in the early '90's and share the love for haze till present day.

We got the old haze hybrids that Nevil made from people who got them from the man himself back in the '80's.

A5, C5, AG13, CG13, HPH, Durban Haze, DTH (Dutch Top Haze ) and Nevilles Haze was the full line of clones we could grow.

About 15 years ago things got messed up between some of these people and the group fell appart.

Some lines were saved, others lost.

It has been since then that the A5 line disapeared.

Some say it died, some say it's still around somewhere.

I know he (A5, the grower) and myself been searching for it ever since.

A while back A5 (the grower) has gained a haze variety of witch he thought it was the A5.

After growing it it was clear that it wasn't.

It's a very nice haze hybrid but a different one, it's Skunk#1 x Haze made by the people behind SSSC back in the day.

I'm betting that's what you have now.

You could ask A5 to enlighten you further on the subject.

It wouldn't be fair for breeders or the buyers of seeds to put A5 as yr breeding motherplant when it isn't.

I know you feel the same.

Same thing happened to Barneys seedfarm, they claim to have crossed the G13 with the A5, tangerine dream... witch is a total lie, dream on Barneys and sleep well!

It's a sad thing when the pedigree of a strain is not correct. It's a swindle, nothing more.

The name "A5 Haze" has become a business card rather then a top notch smoke.

Makes me happy to see that you do mind about it and want to explore more in detail of what excactly A5 is and what it means in the canna community.

For some it's like the holy grail of weed.

For myself it's the strongest haze ever made and a very nice tasting smoke.

But i found the C5 Haze always the better one.

All the best,

YS

Status
Not open for further replies.