What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the top must have clone only strains?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
That is pretty much the question. Have been growing GG4 for quite awhile and looking for something else, or a few others. Should be a heavy producer (grams per watt) for indoor tent grows, and mold disease resistant is a big plus. Will be grown in coco.

Loc Dog

Veteran
First time I have had no replies. Site has gone down hill since interface change.

Guess I will have to google high time cup winners.

Any other competitions to trust?

goingrey

The site Leafly seems to do an annual top strains listing. This is all clone only stuff.

1. Dosidos (OGKB x Face Off OG)
2. GMO Cookies (GSC x Chemdawg)
3. Peanut Butter Breath (Dosidos x Mendo Breath)
4. Cereal Milk (Y Life x Snowman)
5. Apple Fritter (Animal Cookies x Sour Apple)
6. Kush Mints (Animal Mints x Bubba Kush)
7. London Pound Cake (Sunset Sherbert x unkown)
8. Grease Monkey (GG4 x Cookies and Cream)

Older winners:
2020: Wedding Cake
2019: Runtz
2018: Gelato

So yep everything is an OG descendant. But there is one clone only elite I forgot about that actually isn't: Zkittlez (Grape Ape x Grapefruit).

And of course Blue Dream (SSH x Blueberry) which certainly has the heavy yields you're looking for. Aficionados are always hating on it though. But "regular people" love it.

Loc Dog

Veteran
All the dank weed gets you less $$$ in the market.... you have to grow the purple hype of the month in order to get FMV for your packs if your in the Biz....

That is what I am seeing. People are bored with GG4 in my area. Any suggestion on a hype of the month that is heavy producer? Guy I know gets gelatos when he travels to dispensaries.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is what I am seeing. People are bored with GG4 in my area. Any suggestion on a hype of the month that is heavy producer? Guy I know gets gelatos when he travels to dispensaries.
TokyoSnow cut from first class is a nice yielder with excellent aroma. High is a good all day, no burn out.

Attachments

• F599394D-31C4-480D-AC3A-676924A3CF89.jpeg
    F599394D-31C4-480D-AC3A-676924A3CF89.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 119

Principante8

All the dank weed gets you less $$$ in the market.... you have to grow the purple hype of the month in order to get FMV for your packs if your in the Biz....

What is your circle pumping out nowadays? There's so many purple flavors and cookie crosses etc. What's the go to for numbers? I'm in Orange County.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because it didn't cause drama or because it's actually good? I've declined the White Truffle cut several times now. Everyone just says it's good but nothing more. Seems another insta cut to me, made "good" by exclusivity.

dank.Frank

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WT was never exclusive as far as I know. Shes been on beleafs clone list forever. WT is shared freely as far as I know. Many already have her. Beleaf has some nice looking cuts, all for sale for those interested. Like all cannabis, some will like some won't. That's OK. IME no one passes their best cuts. I'm too old to want drama in my life.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
. IME no one passes their best cuts. I'm too old to want drama in my life.

and thats the pity ... only once in 20+ years of growing have we come across an 'elite' , n being old and stupid didn't take a cutting... and it was a cheap...cheap seed... a jock horror from nirvana, a knockoff of jack herer.... since that time we have gone thru 3packs of jock, and even bought a pack of jherer, and nothing close ...

not being in the 'click' , we must rely on seeds , and we have spent mucho $$$$ , buying from the 'top breeders' (i'm being nice) , n have come across some 'good' plants, but an elite... not even close...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It wasn't always like that.. Lots of crappy people are now mixed in. These people are only after exploitation of the cuts they can get. Money, greed, and ego are way too common today. Its why many don't share anymore.. Its easy to make lots of your own seeds. Just make selections based on what you like. Keep growing those seeds, the odds you will find something great are good.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because it didn't cause drama or because it's actually good? I've declined the White Truffle cut several times now. Everyone just says it's good but nothing more. Seems another insta cut to me, made "good" by exclusivity.

dank.Frank
It’s hype .. and seed makers who use crosses with it should be ashamed of themselves riding that hype train..Continually milking it for all it’s worth..blah blah blah ….case in point …here’s Platinum Kush Breath …from a recent seed pack … it’s better than any elite clone I’ve ran and I’ve been growing for 25 years.. Except possibly for Mac number one (capulator cut) which does live up to the hype…the PKB yields better though
Click image for larger version  Name:	A32DDB51-C57A-44CA-B4DF-E00482F4EA41.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	130.6 KB ID:	18046495

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts