What's new

5gal buckets of Coco

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fasheezy bro i know you stay busy F.A.M. i just didnt know you had a thread goin yo.ya gotta drop ya boy a link maing so i aint late to the next.peace-T-

asher1er

Veteran
YES INDEED VERY NICE1 WHAT NUTES ARE YOU USING AND AT WHAT STRENGTHS? THANKS IN ADVANCE

using canna COGR line with the canna bagged coco

cant tell u exact strength as i roller coaster it, i'll hit them high then for the next few days i keep it low then repeat.. 2.5 ec then usually 2.0 for the most part, a few times i'll drop into the high 1's..

ofcourse the plants dont eat the same under a 6k as they would under 12k so YMMV:joint:

tona, will do for next time:joint: i been slackin i'll try n get some pics soon.. harvest is right around the corner aswell:abduct:

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whars the pics Ash!! One day Ima be like you:respect:....lol. Setting up another 2 rooms now....awwwww-yeeeah:friends:
good vibes

asher1er

Veteran
sorry whiskey been a lil tied up but here are a few :joint:

Dj, thanks for the kind words homie

RanDude, u got no idea.. me n my lady will smoke the whole harvest just in time for the next one:laughing:

well like i said, all my huge tops said timber!! this wasnt expected as i have the nets in the same location as the last round with the jack and they stayed up fine no issues.. I guess this time around they put on a bit more weight and leaned over:yoinks:

these where taken may 11th so thats day 56 give or take one, sorry no huge tops standing to zoom into:wallbash:

i let my coco dry out a good bit due to gnats.. i should have fed very very lightly before doing this but i didnt, the results are some nute burn, o-well u live n learn:joint:

DSC962.jpg

DSC963.jpg

DSC964.jpg

DSC966.jpg

DSC968.jpg

DSC969.jpg

DSC970.jpg

DSC971.jpg

DSC972.jpg

DSC973.jpg

DSC974.jpg

this is a side branch that decided to lay on my santa fe dehuy lol
DSC975.jpg

just amazing m8...got a question and i hope it something you havent had to repeat..

your PIR insulation is that just glue and tacked to a brick wall or wooden wall? How have you attached it to the wall?

reason i ask is that i have a room i want to insulate with similar material which is 50mm but I would have to break down the studding etc..and after seeing this .. looks like i can just stick up on the existing with the added bonus of it being reflective.

thanks for your time ..your an inspiration ;) happy toking

asher1er

Veteran
its just standard ac duct board, it comes in various thickness, it helps insulate big time IMO

the room is framed outta wood, insulated and covered with drywall.. once all thats done i secure the duct boards to the wall with fender washers and screws, i line up the screws with the wooden studs in my walls:joint:

feel free to ask away hope you caught what i said

loud and clear bro ..thank you!! exact same build...but I'm upgrading and thought i would have to remove the hardboard and fill stud cavity with (what u call) duct board...but i aint gotta do anything except put on wall like you said and then seal with silver duct

thank you ..so glad i came across this thread...save me money and hard work MADE MY DAY!!

top grow!

got my bits today bro...dont mean to spam but im excited and buzzing that i dont have to tear down the room and start from scratch

cya around bud!

Attachments

• tw50kingspan.jpg
    tw50kingspan.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 9
  • selftapswasher.jpg
    selftapswasher.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG 0632
    IMG 0632
    93.7 KB · Views: 26

asher1er

Veteran
FHF, Thanks for the kind words homie :joint: i dont suggest anyone try to be like me when they grow up, shit im still young lol

Jg, yup thats exactly what i used, fender washers n screws.. That board is real thick looks like 2inch styro board. that will work but i dont find that stuff thick like that around here. My boards are them fiberglass boards they use to make ac duct its about inch n a half.

Glad you got it worked out it'll help maintain temps for ya if your in a sealed room aswell :joint:

FHF, Thanks for the kind words homie :joint: i dont suggest anyone try to be like me when they grow up, shit im still young lol

Jg, yup thats exactly what i used, fender washers n screws.. That board is real thick looks like 2inch styro board. that will work but i dont find that stuff thick like that around here. My boards are them fiberglass boards they use to make ac duct its about inch n a half.

Glad you got it worked out it'll help maintain temps for ya if your in a sealed room aswell :joint:

im hoping for a sealed room to control temps..its 50mm cavity thermo board and 18mm chipboard ;) thanks again bro..it also went in like a dream..me rooms goner be 1.2mtr x 3mtr. aircooled aswell might push it to 4 x 600;s maybe one day i get enough lamps like u ;) just got the ceiling to do (intake/outake) and build the front of the growroom.

sorry to spam ..that will be the last of it, I promise lol ...thxs

LOVE YA SHOWS BRO!!!
NB these are folks i got it from http://www.insulation.kingspan.com/uk/pdf/tw50.pdf may help you or others

Attachments

• loft 008.jpg
    loft 008.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 13
  • loft 007.jpg
    loft 007.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 9

cali mike

Very impressive grow! Ive never heard of such large plants inside, usually the rule of thumb is that artificial lighting cant reach down into the canopy enough to make it work... but in your case you have so many lights!

1. 12,000 Watts. Thats 50 amps at 240V. That would blow the main on my house! Wow. Your electric meter must spin like a hamster wheel with the hamster on crystal meth. Ive heard that as far as the electric company is concerned, they dont care how much power you use as long as your not stealing it. Have you ever had any trouble with your utility?

Another thing ive considered is different metering scenarios. My utility has an option where you can get a special meter where the rate fluctuates based on demand, so you can run your loads during low demand times and save money. Do you use something like that or just the flat rate? Or do you backfeed a generator or solar into the grid to spin your meter backwards?

2. Where do you get the AC duct boards in the United States?? Ive never seen them at Home Depot

3. This is a sealed room right? Where does your CO2 come from? Do you find that the benefits of sealed rooms outweigh the extra expenses of air conditioning?

4. I have used the COGR nutes with the COGR boards in the past. I believe they are specific for the unbuffered COGR coco coir. Regular Canna Coco is already pre-buffered. What kind of benefits do you notice using the COGR nutes on the regular Canna coco?

thanks in advance for your answers

cm

N-P-Kali

1. 12,000 Watts. Thats 50 amps at 240V. That would blow the main on my house! Wow. Your electric meter must spin like a hamster wheel with the hamster on crystal meth.
cm

:laughing:Classic
and thats just the lights.. just think about the 5 ton a/c it takes to cool the place, plus that Santa Fe is pulling close to 10amps and is over a 1000 watts too.

Going back to what you were saying Calimike about big plants indoors.. It is a great way to reduce plant numbers but I understand that its a matter of personal growing style as well. To reduce plant numbers a little more I prefer to supercrop and LST my girls while using big tomato cages to support the plant so by the time they are 2 weeks into flower they will the be about 50"- 60" tall and 36" wide. Just make sure you lollypop the sh*t out your plants or you'll be trimming alot of immature popcorn sized flowers which is backbreaking work. :2cents:

Asher1r - How grows it? Updates?:joint:

Last edited:

asher1er

Veteran
cali mike, the zone im in my elec bill is pretty much the same as some of my neighbors no issues with the power comp and yeah my meter spins off the charts lol

the ac duct board has to be bought in a ac supply house, hoesdepot don't carry it, they carry something similar but its just foam board.

i dont use a gen only when power is lost during hurricane season, no solar no nothing just power coming from my meter

this round i used co2 in the bottles due to my burner being screwed up but usually a propane burner

i like the cogr line better for the simple fact i have a separate veg n flower formula, i noticed a bit of more vigor growth with the cogr line in the bagged coco then i did with there standard coco a+b

sealed room = more security (in my books) YMMV with a well environmentally controlled room, sealed n with co2 you will notice the difference compared to non co2..

NP it went good:joint:

caligreen thanks for the kind words :joint:

i lost a 5gal bucket full to the top of dry bud due to mold, pretty much all my fat main tops.. with that said i still had slightly over 21 for my head stash :joint: i let them grow huge due to plant count like stated above but just a tad to big the santa fe dehuy did not handle the humidity in late flower this round:wallbash: besides the rainy season being here my room is within a room which is not environmentally controlled im sure that aided in my raised humidity issues at night, i might have to start venting out while lights off but thats a whole other subject.

new show coming soon:joint:

FLA.GOON

ASHER, MY BAD DID NOT GET BACK TO YOU SOONER.

EVERYTHING IS GOING GOOD. NO MORE ROOMS FOR ME. JUST WORKIN IT FOR OTHERS LOL !

BIG UPS ON UR ROOMS SHIT LOOKS GREAT KEEP IT UP.