What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5gal buckets of Coco

vancityj

Very nice set-up. You're running this system (60amp 12-light + 30amp 5-ton + other) on a 100-amp supply, correct? You haven't encountered any problems? How often do you water the 5-gal coco buckets, and with how much roughly? You manually water with a sub-pump and line, or? Do you find the plants, when in coco medium, are more 'tippy' (light when dry) in the pots? Does coco tend to dry suddenly? What are the downsides to coco vs soilless (promix, sunshine)? Thanks.

asher1er

Veteran
never gave soiless a fair chance so cant compare the 2.. the 5gal buckets got watered every other day then mid flower it was every day, i stopped flooding my whole bucket and just started feeding 50 gal's a day for 32 5gal buckets.. i have way more then 100amps available. i have 30amps per every 4k, 30amps for the ac. no problems. I have feed lines and drain lines ran to the buckets turn on the sump pump n feed once the water starts running to the drain bucket a smaller sump pump pumps it into my drain.. they can suck up the food pretty quickly depends how healthy you have em and the style of your grow, 7ft trees r def gonna suck up that water like nothing:joint:

BowlPacks

sorry whiskey been a lil tied up but here are a few :joint:

this is a side branch that decided to lay on my santa fe dehuy lol
DSC975.jpg

Jesus Christ that shit looks HEAVY bro, amazing... simply amazing

donny darko

Asher1er
Looking awesome as always. I have watched a few of your shows and always top notch. But anyways I am going into a bigger room (9k) and thinking of doing 5 gal of coca as well. I would like to do a sealed room for security and performance purposes but am concerned about lights off humidity and I see it causes a problem for you even with the santa fe. Also I planning on buying a 2 ton min split ac,do you think that will be enough without air cooling the hoods. I have air cooled hoods but might not hook them up if I do not have to for easy of ducting if the ac cost are not too bad. By the way guys do you think 1200 is a ok deal for a new mini split or should I keep looking.
Thanks darko

asher1er

Veteran
thanks for the kind words donny:joint:

if you going for a sealed room and non air cooled hoods for 9k rule of thumb says you need a 3ton unit.. its 4000btu per 1k and its 12000btu per ton.. ive always stuck to those numbers. I think if i keep my plants smaller i wont have the humidity issues the room gets extremely packed. I dont know anything about mini splits but a good 3ton minisplit will prolly cost you around 2-3k unless u go with a cheap knock off brand...

i have a room right next to this which i plan on making them circulate 24hrs a day, this way the hot dry air from the room thats in day time mode will flow into the night time room and dry it out some then when they flip it does the same effect for the other room... hopefully this will fix my humidity issues:1help:

good luck with your run.. coco has treated me extremely good:joint:

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what it do homie!!! You doing your damn thing huh? I got a gnat problem too man...EVERY summer down here we fight em!
I may have to go coco yo....your girls are BIG man!! Ima be like you when I grow up too!...:laughing:
4k btu per 1k huh....Ima have to use those numbers!
BTW....NEVER try to set up in a trailer...lmao. I got one for my temp spot, and shits a hot box yo! Only got 3 1ks turned on, and got over 20,000btu pumping inm...temps TILL 83 with CO2 going.....ick
Will be back in a good set up in 3 weeks, new spot picked out....

Keep doing what you do maing!
good vibes

B

Brazilianfire

hey ashler one good thing to point out to you...i see you got a lot of fans do you run the fan on the ac on auto or "on" mode. auto mode is gonna give you high humidity. if you constantly run that fan it will take the humidity out of the air and when it gets to hot the compressor will kick on blowing cold air but when the temperature is reached the compressor will kick off leaving the fan still blowing. i had a 15k grow with a 5 ton growing white widow left my fan on "on mode" so it never shut off and never had mold problems. i also tear my leaves off after day 21 like the cubans do to get better light and air flow to the bottom buds your leaves could be the problem for humidity as well. im sure you know this as well dont feed at night.
maybe i helped. with 12k you should be pulling 25 to 27 with co2 in a sealed room. with 18k you should be pulling 38-40. just some pound numbers to go by. learned that from the sloppy cubans no pun intended but they should have a news station just for them and there power stealing ways. ill check back when you respond
good luck

asher1er

Veteran
thanks for stopping by whiskey:joint:

braz, thanks for the input.. the fan on my air handler stays on 24/7 it helps circulate the air thats about it, if the temp in my room is not going up the ac is not kicking on. my ac compressor rarely kicks on in the 12 hours the lights are off if it did it would assist big time in drying the air up. I cant walk through my rooms so deleafing everything is not happening and i never been a big fan about it.

yeah with 12k i should be pulling out a bit more, if it wasnt for what i lost due to mold im more then positive i woulda hit the 2 per mark:joint: i do have a 12k room but you gotta remember the size of this room is perfect for 8k, 10x15 this is not a proper 12k room and what im pulling i think is pretty damn fine for my small area :joint:

hey asher1er...you should run those lights vertical and see what a difference it makes. I ve seen other set ups on other boards that are KILLLN IT VERTICAL. Using close to the same amount of wattage. Either way much props you way for a beautiful set up! Inspiring to say the least. Ive pull up a seat for the next show!

SC

asher1er

Veteran
space, ive thought about it but vertical lighting works best when u can get them into the canopy IMO.. my room gets packed theres no room to walk or nada just crawl so the hoods do it for me in my current situation:joint:

never used them bulbs, i use the standard horti's hps for veg n flower

asher1er

Veteran
what brand reflector is that? it looks like the
type you assemble yourself.
thanks.

yup, there the agrotech's but not the normal mirror looking ones this was a batch that was made with the standard reflective inside..

we ballin on a budget here homie :laughing:

thanks to the rest for the kind words:joint:

whodi

Veteran
I'm just a, big bang baller on a budget
Dank weed, smokin like "fuck it"
City slicker, country nigga, reppin straight from Kentucky

Latest posts

Latest posts