What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

Kwigybo

After reading countless threads created by experts on every conceivable method, it is clear that if plant numbers are not a concern SOG wins out every time. And it really pulls away from the pack in terms of annual yield. Obviously because of the little or no veg time.

wishbone420

its that(sog) and the fact u have been workin on that bad ass strain. best setup ive seen. peace :bashhead:

Last edited:

CannyMcCannabis

I have been a lurker for freaking ever, long enough to know lougrew was here long before... BUT LOUGREW, QUIT BEING SUCH A PISSY DOUCHE NOZZLE!!! and greengenes, you are so egging him on knowing that he will go make an asshat out of HIMSELF.

On another note my good dr, I tried your 20oz method with seeds... I will try it with clones next time lol!

greenhead

Veteran
Do plant numbers really matter ? Doesn't it depend on where you are ? When I checked the NORML figures for my state, it's all listed in weight. So what is the difference between 1 huge LST tree that produces 10 ounces and 10 midget SOG plants that produce 1 ounce each ?

BTW, nice thread DrBudGreengenes, like I've already told you before on your previous grow ! You certainly have your own method down.

:joint: :wave:

S

strain_searcher

I am still waiting for an answer to my questions. :wave:

Plant numbers are an issue and it means many more years in prison if you get caught right?

This is much more of fun for people tired of either hps or sunlight. . I bet alot of people are also tired of wiring threads and how to convert an hps LOl. Either way we all know it is most efficient to do 1 small hps ( for very tight buds) but I believe this is more about the challenge than anything.

D

DrKong

I agree SOG is the way to go in most all situations but my issue is the plant numbers, my med card limits my plants and this hurts my efforts.

blackone

Veteran
I've been doing a perpetual SOG for some months now, and it really shows some promises (My yield isn't so wonderful, but I've also done quite a few mistakes and hopefully learned from them).
One thing that makes it hard though is bugs - I've got a lot of thrips in there.
In a "normal" SOG where all plants are put in flower at the same time I could just hit them with pyrethrum until week 2 of flower and the thrips would never be allowed to get out of hand, but now that I always have budding plants in there it's simply not an option in my mind to use anything - even something as benign as pyrethrum - in the flower chamber, so I simply have to live with those bugs if I want to grow like this :(

D

DrKong

bugs are a big issue in perpetual grows. If mold hits this can have the same effect as it did in my grow. I've been battling mites for a few months now and the perpetual system makes it hard.

G

Babbabud said:
You guys really need to get past this "spat". Hard to see a long time members involved in such petty crap.
THanks miss babba you got that right,im the long term memeber
getting the crap again and again sorry..........

Looks like he learned a Planet Ganja method!!!
Comming in with another handle just to swear at me,good try Dr.jeckle.
thats the ticket.....you wont get banned for that HUH?
Kids must play!
:laughing:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
Lougrew! Final warning if you have a problem use the ignore button
any more crap and I will take action

thread cleared crap removed

OP

My first four seedlings turned out to be male, so while I wait for the next crop to mature, I been having fun.

Was going to build a cab for 24/7, and had a cardboard box the perfect size to use as a pattern. Finished the light mounts, and then had an idea... Painted the box white inside, and turned on the lights... 30 mins later the temps had stabilized, and in this unvented box 24x10X12 the air temp was high 100 or so. The ceiling surface temps measured with an IR thermometer (with 3 42w CFL's mounted 1/2" away) was 110. :muahaha:

So hell with it... I vented the box and slapped in a fan, and went to town.

Chalk up another big positive for CFL... low temps=low fire risk.

So, now I can see a stealth grow with 12/12 box, 24/7 box, and a box to hold a fan and carbon scrubber that looks like a pile of moving boxes! :canabis: :pimp3:

Thank's Dr. Bud for teaching me how to rock this CFL "pod" based microSOG concept!

obZen

CFLs + PC Fans = Safe Growing.

Double PC Fans for an exhaust means that if one of your fans happens to fail you won't burn anything down... and even the most expensive fans will fail.

That's just what I think anyway.

CannyMcCannabis

Lougrew,

This is not another name of the good Dr. Check other boards, i'm a regular, just not at this one. Don't accuse people of things, that's how you've got enemies like Budgreengenes. Don't get puckered because someone is taking some of your shine. Turn off the ego and try to learn something. :joint:

and DRBGG,
looks great and keep it coming!! I have learned a lot from you, not only about gardening but also the forgotten art of woodgas. Thanks for the heads up on that one!

Last edited:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
I wanted to stop by and give my respect. This is a great thread. In a few weeks you will see my thread of CFL growing. Everyone hope it turns out good. WOOT

Siddartha

^^^ I think I saw that on Mr. Wizard or the discovery Channel or something, some kind of terrarium for bugs, lol, I guess it works for clones?

i wouldnt leave them like that tho..i tryed growing weed in a terrarium when i was in hi school and it vines then it dies..to much moisture...it needs to dry between watering besides your going to turn all that perralite green with alge before to long .roots sitting in still standing water is bad..i would think..but siddartha is right you can clone this way..

herb weedmen

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
bounty29 said:
Hey DrBud what do you think? Water is about halfway up the perlite. :wave:

Bounty those are gonna be fine..... while you are gone....like I said start "Burpin" them when ya get back and wean them off the lid....don't worry about a lil' algae It won't hurt anything as far as cloning your lil' ones will be fine. :smoke:
algae is a problem in Hydro systems....no big deal with cloning
***Just NO Mold*** :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts