What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

i believe my t5 is a lil morestronger so by looking at this pic andi end uo with4-6 females what would u think on avg,what would i use-3red lights n 3 blu

7 days later

didnt mean to be rude didnt know i was.i apologize and didnt mean to be rude just wanted some advice.sorry again guys - i ll keep my pics in my thread -dont mean no disrespect.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Geisha is Down.....

Geisha is Down.....

Geisha is down..... I repeat......we have Geisha's down ....request Back-up and a Bong...over :smoker:

A few lil' CFL budz for a Monday Mornin'
:wave:

Nice!

Nice!

Nice to see harvest photos.Those look like some frosty buds.Great job. :headbange I am just stating to use 12-12 from clone.Not sure but i really like the growth compared to my 12-12 seed. U have inspired many have to say u have to tought me a few things for sure,keep sharing,seen ur new youtube video u going to make a new video?

J-uana
:joint:

Ryu

Hi Dr

Pulled up a chair, nice and comfy. Glad I caught this one before it got too deep.

Thanks for spreading the joy

Drbud, your 210w grow and this inspired me and convinced me to change my plans from a 150-250w HPS with a e&f hydro in a cabinet that was becoming a real pain in the arse to make..

To sectioning off the bottom of a bookcase i got, filling it full of soil filled pop bottles, and sticking them under CFL. More stealthy, quieter, cooler, smaller, cheaper. Yay i say.

Love the UPS idea too. Am going to run between 120 and 200w in mine, will buy the biggest UPS i can afford eventually after seeing yours.

I think it is a shame when people see a good method, and copy it directly with no variation. IMO you don't learn anything that way. I'll start using your system as a guide and at first it will probably be very similar but as time goes on, i shall prove out my own ideas on how to gear this grow method up to me - IE the ability to leave it for 4 days to a week will be essential. So i'm going to try and look at autowatering systems.

Keeping it simple, just like your sort of system at first sounds good though. I'm guessing this system will be a VERY steep learning curve for a first timer like me. Cab design does seem to be something i'm quite good at though so i hope that'll make it easier.

Just remembered.. Did i read correctly in one of your posts that you experimented with the lights ON period and found less than 12/12 could be used on your strain? I am VERY interested in this if that's the case.

Keep up the good work sah, I'd certainly be in the shit without ya :D

Last edited:

phrank

Doc-

Very impressive. Are those from the soda bottles, or are they from the black containers? Any and all details would be appreciated.

phrank

trshunt

Hey there DrBud,

Big fan of all your grows, been following all of your threads closely - had a couple quick questions:

1) Do you think your soil mix formula would benefit any strain that someone wanted to grow in a similar style as you?
2) Do you think one could be successful if they did a similar grow but in a smaller area - similar to a pc case (with fewer plants)?
3) Do you ever need trim your plants or simply allow them to grow unaltered?

Many thanks and once again let me say you have invtroduced a very impressive technique of growing. I had no idea one could rival HID grows a low watt CFL grow in such a small area - it is genius. Many thanks for sharing your knowledge with us and please keep us updated!