What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dancehall and pineapple thai grow with marshydro!

Im'One

I let the cups get light and show drying out without getting dry enough to separate from the sides. I added well water mixed with rain to the bottom of the tray. I have no chlorine in my water and it is high in calcium.

Attachments

• photo2033662.jpg
    photo2033662.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 28

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Watering from the top and not getting the soil good and wet and keeping it wet down where the roots were was how I screwed up. This time I have drainage holes in the cups, and they are on stands so the water can run out. Are your sprouts in happy warm water?

Im'One

Yes I get a cup or two of warm tap water and mix it half with rain, the temp is medium warm that way, and it's not as full of minerals as my tap water. I make sure the water is above all the weep holes that I put in the bottom lip of the cup.
it will wick up ward through the soil. Tonight the tray was almost dry and the soil was moist on all the cups. Watering form the top can dislodge seedlings. I learned the hard way.

Im'One

My tent is up and has some bubba plants drying in it

Attachments

• photo2034777.jpg
    photo2034777.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 24

Im'One

I put a mix of rain and warm well water in the bottom of the tray
I always bottom water my seedlings. The cups have holes in the bottom rim to slow water the soil mix

Attachments

• photo2034896.jpg
    photo2034896.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 25

Im'One

Bottom watering keeps you from flooding the seed out of the soil or the soil lifting ...after the root balls form I will transfer to bigger pots and start top watering

Im'One

image_2035076.jpg
If you look close you will see the pineapple thai seedlings have their first internode!

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_185853.jpg
    IMG_20210404_185853.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 20

Im'One

They are growing especially the pineapple thai from 707
one has a weird leaf color mutation

Attachments

• photo2037769.jpg
    photo2037769.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 20
  • photo2037770.jpg
    photo2037770.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 21
  • photo2037771.jpg
    photo2037771.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 21

Im'One

I put them in my mars hydro tnt with the tsw2000, I set the light about eighteen inches over the plants and ran in fifty percent. We will raise the number gradually increasing over a month or so. I will place the pineapple thai out side then flower the dancehalls. The Romulan grapefruit clones are around the edge and will then be flowered and pollenated

Attachments

• photo2038396.jpg
    photo2038396.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 22

Im'One

Ok I about killed them. Not sure what I did wrong but the tent was way humid and light were low.
I moved the seedlings and mom's to my closet and went back to using CFLs over them. I'm running my clones in the tent with the light raised quite a bit. I am thinking or using a different hanging apparatus from what was sent. Will keep you posted.

Attachments

• photo2040105.jpg
    photo2040105.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 22

Im'One

I moved the Romulan grapefruit clones in the tent and put the Dancehall plants and pineapple thai plants in my old grow closer after the LED and tent nearly killed them. I have since moved the pineapple thai to the greenhouse

Attachments

• photo2049208.jpg
    photo2049208.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2049209.jpg
    photo2049209.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 19
  • photo2049210.jpg
    photo2049210.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 28

Im'One

How did you end up venting the 4x4 tent? How are you doing humidity control?

The humidity has been a real bitch. It has rained every day and my studio is staying humid with the ac running. I dropped the vivosun fan and it busted all to shit. I rebuilt it and put it in their but it's still running close to eighty percent at times.

Im'One

Im running the tsw2000 on about fifty percent and using mega crop at 650ppm, today gave clones their first shot of calmag.

Im'One

Here's my marshydro tent and light with clones under neath

Attachments

• photo2049212.jpg
    photo2049212.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2049213.jpg
    photo2049213.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 22

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Color of the leaves looks good. I had to buy a dehuey for my lung room. You'll need one anyways when it comes time to dry.

I wish I had one of the combo units that exhausts through a duct hose through a window instead.

Im'One

The vivosun fan seems to be helping the humidity dropped to forty five percent at one point and topping around seventy.

Im'One

The fucking vivosun fan that busted after hitting the floor from a three foot drop and I repaired...has crapped out again!
I'm pissed I'm going to grow store to buy a new one
Fck Amazon crap and cheap chinese busht