What's new

Dancehall and pineapple thai grow with marshydro!

Im'One

Here they are...

Attachments

• photo2031597.jpg
    photo2031597.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 26
G

I have posted a lot of pictures...can you not see them?

Yes I can. Sorry my bad I thought the pics were pre-icmag makeover,

You can see who 'liked' the post by clicking on the like.

PS I tried to edit/delete the original post, but it won't let me delete the pic, only the text.

Im'One

Thanks for that. I sifted some happy frog soil around them carefully this morning so they would have plenty of stalk under soil to make roots.

Im'One

This morning I added a fan blowing over tops to strengthen the stems. It barely makes the tops move slightly

Im'One

The bottom was dry so I added some well water with a teaspoon of root drench per gallon. Approximately a quart so it came over the holes in the bottom of the cups
It's important to bottom feed at this stage, pouring water from the top can dislodge seedlings

G

The bottom was dry so I added some well water with a teaspoon of root drench per gallon. Approximately a quart so it came over the holes in the bottom of the cups
It's important to bottom feed at this stage, pouring water from the top can dislodge seedlings
Hmm good thinking

Montuno

...como el Son...
Wow...I didn't get the memo.
I will run the Thai in my greenhouse shack it finished flowering last year out there, so it's not a pure Thai...it actually a commercial strain from CA. Created by shabud at 707.
I'm in no hurry on it, I just need the Dancehall soon for wife's meds.
Yes they are on the way for real!

Dancehall, from Reggae Seeds ?

Im'One

Actually it was a bad idea! I burned the leaf tips! It was too early for nutrients.

Attachments

• photo2032709.jpg
    photo2032709.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 22

Im'One

I drained the water off last night and let the water out of the cups, they look ok this morning...no worse at least. I knew better than to add nutrients but for some reason I did things differently than my last grow and thought I needed to add some expensive nutrients I had sitting around.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Man, the biggest thing I am having to learn is to leave the poor plants alone. Even a simple little alfalf&kelp tea has them messed up. My plants do best when I don't even enter the room, much less open the tents. Water, Ph, cal-mag, aloe. Water, Ph, cal-mag, aloe. My new mantra.

Im'One

Man, the biggest thing I am having to learn is to leave the poor plants alone. Even a simple little alfalf&kelp tea has them messed up. My plants do best when I don't even enter the room, much less open the tents. Water, Ph, cal-mag, aloe. Water, Ph, cal-mag, aloe. My new mantra.

Are you growing in coco? Or soil?
I grow in soil and use happy frog for my modern strains but cut it with perlite and peat for the landrace varieties. I used mega crop the last few grows and calmag once a month. Once blooming gave them a shot of big bloom a few days before harvest. Then dry them out and put them in the dark once your amber trichs are showing up. After twenty four hours dark cut them down.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This is a feeble attempt at living soil. I have had red mites and now fungus aphids in the little tent already. My next attack will be with beneficial predator mites. Fed all my soil 20 million Beneficial Nematodes yesterday. Fungus gnats and wet soil, are like friends and your cold beer. Some kind of top cover like a layer of rocks, or tin foil on top the soil might help too..

With the LEDs I am using, I have to keep the umoles down, and the lights way up high. Plus, Ph 6.5 water, and cal-mag, and aloe... my mantra... hmmmmmmmm. I top water 1/3 gallon ea on the 7 gallon fabric pot plants in the small tent, and it may not be enough. The plants in the big tent drink a 1/2 gallon a day, each.

Im'One

This is a feeble attempt at living soil. I have had red mites and now fungus aphids in the little tent already. My next attack will be with beneficial predator mites. Fed all my soil 20 million Beneficial Nematodes yesterday. Fungus gnats and wet soil, are like friends and your cold beer. Some kind of top cover like a layer of rocks, or tin foil on top the soil might help too..

With the LEDs I am using, I have to keep the umoles down, and the lights way up high. Plus, Ph 6.5 water, and cal-mag, and aloe... my mantra... hmmmmmmmm. I top water 1/3 gallon ea on the 7 gallon fabric pot plants in the small tent, and it may not be enough. The plants in the big tent drink a 1/2 gallon a day, each.

I tried doing home made soil indoors and gave up, I use happy frog for indoor and make my own soil for outdoor or greenhouse I have sterilize or pasteurized my soil in the stove but it's a pain and I find myself just going and getting soil from the store. I use the happy frog to recycle into my outdoor soil. We will see how It goes. I only water when my meter says it's time or my plants wilt.
I didn't like fabric pots because the plants seem to wallow around in them.
I will try my fabric pots for out door, but I typically let them get a little root bound and transplant into bigger pots

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Living soil is not plug-and-play as much as I had hoped. I have 7 gallon bags on a SIP bed, and it works great. Others are on spiders on a tray, and they are not as happy. Watering from the bottom up may also be a good defense against fungus gnats. The soil stays dry on the very top. My biggest problem in the first effort was dry soil when top watering. It wasn't until I realized the bags on the wet bed were taking 1/2 gallon a day, that I started top watering my bags a lot more. They needed it.

Outdoors in a bag you may want some tomato cages around the bag and going up, as support.

Im'One

Living soil is not plug-and-play as much as I had hoped. I have 7 gallon bags on a SIP bed, and it works great. Others are on spiders on a tray, and they are not as happy. Watering from the bottom up may also be a good defense against fungus gnats. The soil stays dry on the very top. My biggest problem in the first effort was dry soil when top watering. It wasn't until I realized the bags on the wet bed were taking 1/2 gallon a day, that I started top watering my bags a lot more. They needed it.

Outdoors in a bag you may want some tomato cages around the bag and going up, as support.

I would try some diatomaceous earth or even just a layer of sand for the fungus gnats.
I have bunch of old tomato cages since I no longer cage my tomato's but use a "Florida weave"
Some day I will have enough marijuana plants I can use the Florida weave on them!