What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

University of Guelph paper- Flushing is a myth!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Now we just need to get some paperwork on how cannabis specific nutrients are a scam. It's pretty clear anyways you can see the list of ingredients, all the same shit as Miracle Grow. Lol
Cannabis is great at phytoremediation. Whatever nutrient/amendment you use should be extremely low on heavy metals and other contaminates. Personally, I don't consider AG quality nutrients to be clean enough. MG is, in my opinion, not quality and not something I'd use with cannabis.

CaptainDankness

Cannabis is great at phytoremediation. Whatever nutrient/amendment you use should be extremely low on heavy metals and other contaminates. Personally, I don't consider AG quality nutrients to be clean enough. MG is, in my opinion, not quality and not something I'd use with cannabis.
I don't know, I haven't used Miracle Gro on weed since I was 15, it did seem to keep the plants healthy though.

Then I tried a bunch of different things eventually cannabis specific which worked great but then someone here got me to try Jack's Classic, I did a side by side with Advanced Nutrients and I couldn't tell a difference other than price and it does save time.

I'm not too sure about Miracle Gro but Jack's Classic is about the same price. Though I have heard it is cleaner than MG.

G

Gauss

I've had bud grown in MG and it sizzled like bacon, lol. I think it has something to do with their extended release high N mixture salts. Honestly you can do just as well with other products, though I will only smoke organic bud at all. MG is geat for hungry houseplants and whatnots, but I keep it far away from my cannabis, fruits, and veggies. If you use it outdoor it can really bollocks up your planting area after a season or two.

Tony21

I've had bud grown in MG and it sizzled like bacon, lol. I think it has something to do with their extended release high N mixture salts. Honestly you can do just as well with other products, though I will only smoke organic bud at all. MG is geat for hungry houseplants and whatnots, but I keep it far away from my cannabis, fruits, and veggies. If you use it outdoor it can really bollocks up your planting area after a season or two.

So you're saying that minerals can somehow make vegetative matter sizzle like bacon, that sounds very yummy..... Do you make any scientific links to interesting phenomenon?

I'm thinking if I fed my hogs a mineral richer, presumably magnesium would feature, diet I could get a premium price for my super sizzling bacon butties :dance013:

Personally I think it was dead fungus gnats, spider mites and tardigrades that exploded with a sizzling sound....!

Tony21

What is heavy metals and other contaminants, please provide a list so I can avoid them like the plaque!

Before you start on the heavy metals, it might be wise to check, say Wikipedia, for a definition of heavy metals, it sounds like you're not quite sure what you're on about

G

Gauss

So you're saying that minerals can somehow make vegetative matter sizzle like bacon, that sounds very yummy..... Do you make any scientific links to interesting phenomenon?

How many people are gonna rip their skirts on this before they realize I don't appreciate having my observations embellished beyond the casual submission by which I make them? You want science go to university, you wanna smoke good weed then STFU and take my advice for what it's worth.

Last edited:

beta

Veteran
How many people are gonna rip their skirts on this before they realize I don't appreciate having my observations embellished beyond the casual submission by which I make them? You want science go to university, you wanna smoke good weed then STFU and take my advice for what it's worth.

FYI anecdotes are virtually useless when it comes to understanding the world as it actually is. "In my experience" is the logic behind every single religion that has ever existed since the beginning of time.

The plural of anecdote is not 'evidence', either.

Tony21

So these are casual observations, that's very romantic, you know, I actually think you're right, you ARE on some sizzling buds!

How would this STFU help me to take your advise?

G

Gauss

So these are casual observations, that's very romantic, you know, I actually think you're right, you ARE on some sizzling buds!

Actually, don't go to a university for science. Clearly, you have no mind for it. Did you ask me if it was grown well otherwise? No. Did you ask me why I prefer organic only weed? No. Do you really expect me to condense years of personal trials and observations between different growing mediums and nutritional avenues for your presumptive and recalcitrant gratification?

I don't know if schitzos are smoking more weed these days or yall are just screwing up your crop and your dealer is sick of your shit so you come here to jump on people because you're bored, but you need to cut it out. Some daft shit over nothing.

Tony21

Actually, don't go to a university for science. Clearly, you have no mind for it. Did you ask me if it was grown well otherwise? No. Did you ask me why I prefer organic only weed? No. Do you really expect me to condense years of personal trials and observations between different growing mediums and nutritional avenues for your presumptive and recalcitrant gratification?

I don't know if schitzos are smoking more weed these days or yall are just screwing up your crop and your dealer is sick of your shit so you come here to jump on people because you're bored, but you need to cut it out. Some daft shit over nothing.

Thank you very much for the vocational advise, I've just withdrawn my uni application, you've save me a lot of bother!

I can assure you I'm not so presumptuous to seek gratification, of any kind, by trying to get some answers to questions about your statements and assertions that you say you won't deliver a condensate from.......

Meanwhile, my question that you didn't answer obviously got lost in the din of the sizzling, so here it is again

Try to calm down and get a firm grip, you have interesting theories about other people, sizzling and buds, but they seem a bit rough around the edges, however that's quite understandable after years of gallivanting across busy nutritional avenues and recalcitrant mediums :comfort:

G

Gauss

FYI anecdotes are virtually useless when it comes to understanding the world as it actually is. "In my experience" is the logic behind every single religion that has ever existed since the beginning of time.

The plural of anecdote is not 'evidence', either.

I wasn't being plural you egotistical pack of gibbons, I was being elaborate. Furthermore, what?

You know what, maybe I'm wrong. Grow with MG, burn your plants and think it's proper senescence, put it in your ground until it's so off balance all you can grow is crabgrass for the next three years— and when you figure out that I was right by doing the trial and error myself I want you to think about me and get angry that you couldn't glean a gram of insight from a 20+ page flood of real-life accounts without a keyhole look through a scientific paper. :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What is heavy metals and other contaminants, please provide a list so I can avoid them like the plaque!
Welcome to ICMag!! :)

Before you start on the heavy metals, it might be wise to check, say Wikipedia, for a definition of heavy metals, it sounds like you're not quite sure what you're on about
Please do a little research on cannabis and phytoremediation, because it's important if you want to grow clean cannabis. You'll find quite a few people here who are quite sure what they're on about. There's a ton of information here which hasn't made it to the mainstream cannabis community yet.
:tiphat:

BongFu

Now we just need to get some paperwork on how cannabis specific nutrients are a scam. It's pretty clear anyways you can see the list of ingredients, all the same shit as Miracle Grow. Lol

Good luck with that = every species has optimums re levels and ratios but somehow cannabis is different. This notion is of course ludicrous. Check! :biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Good luck with that = every species has optimums re levels and ratios but somehow cannabis is different. This notion is of course ludicrous. Check! :biggrin:

Outdoor:
If you're going to spend something, spend time and energy on a good hole and loosening that soil deep and wide. If it's dense, mix in a bit of PromixBX or HP. 1 feeding at planting time to kick start them, then maybe a top dressing at flowering. Maybe.

Optimums feedings don't give you a good enough return on investment. If you want more dope, plant more.

BongFu

Outdoor:
If you're going to spend something, spend time and energy on a good hole and loosening that soil deep and wide. If it's dense, mix in a bit of PromixBX or HP. 1 feeding at planting time to kick start them, then maybe a top dressing at flowering. Maybe.

Optimums feedings don't give you a good enough return on investment. If you want more dope, plant more.

Lol ^^^ How bout indoor where space is at a premium? :laughing:

So what you are saying is to compensate for lousy growing skills plant more?? There's some dynamite advice if ever I heard it. You should write a book :biggrin:

CaptainDankness

Interesting, I've heard many claims over the years sizzling buds just didn't get flushed properly. LMAO

What's next piercing the stock late in flower actually does increase THC?? Hate on Miracle Gro all you want, it has everything a plant needs and yes cannabis is just another plant and not a very picky plant. You can grow great weed in shit. Lol

If you already believe something is true you'll interpret evidence to support that belief.

What you're really doing is tasting shitty bud and saying to yourself 'this must be unflushed', even though you have zero information about the flushing method used.

It's the same nonsense organic heads do. Every time they taste good herb they say to themselves 'this must be organic!' and every time it sucks they say 'goddamn chemical bud!".

They have no clue how it was grown but somehow they've just confirmed their existing beliefs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

:)))) yeah that's why vegetables from supermarkerts taste like nothing and when I buy from the old country lady who's growing them with shit from her own animals taste healthy perfume mouth-watering.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Inorganic grown Cannabis often has an aroma of mung bean sprouts to me, so yep like organic grown Cannabis more.

F

Frylock

:)))) yeah that's why vegetables from supermarkerts taste like nothing and when I buy from the old country lady who's growing them with shit from her own animals taste healthy perfume mouth-watering.

Vegetables from the supermarket are usually less tasty but better yielding, disease resistant and more uniform because they are hybrids not heirlooms.