What's new

The Sub-Current Culture Collective's Hotbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

opt1c

Veteran
eh; a little different than a plain old recirculating dwc... and this is coming from someone who ran bio-buckets before; cost for the system is comparable to say the least; now i've never ran blaze1's or krusty's buckets but someone else can chime in... that aside the undercurrent is just that... a really strong current running under the surface of the water like a stream; if u saw the roots that mashup posted after his cut you'd notice that it filled the entire 8 gal bucket with no dead zones... the buckets sit lower and hold more water than a traditional 5gal bucket too boot...the connections really can't have fewer bends; sorta like a really nice intercooler piping for a turbo'd car, and you get maximum flow... each bucket actually has a small channel running along the bottom so if you stick your hand it the water is really moving even at the end of the run.

if you want to diy i think that the uniseals are a key component but once you start buying them all at retail; the airpump; waterpump; fittings; connections; hoses; etc.. you don't save a whole lot and i think you'd have a hard time finding a better dwc bucket than the one provided... i'm still tripping that it actually holds 8 gallons

have you seen the diameter of the pipes connecting the buckets? what else out there compares to it when it comes to waterflow?

let me know; i may buy one of em to try out too.. i got tired of root rot because of light leaks in my last dwc but i've decided to give it another go... i'll try to be as unbiased as possible btw

MASHUP

owned-shark.jpg

Only light leak you'll need to be worried about is from yourself peeking in there mid-bloom to get another glimpse of those huge nugs. :woohoo:

DSC_7787.jpg

That'd be sweet to be linked up to those root pics mentioned.....anyway, i wasn't trying be hostile with the DIY...nor was I trying to suggest cutting corners.....

MASHUP

We're all just playin' 'round bro, don't take it seriously. :friends:

I feel you on the DIY part, but having bought it and running it side-by-side with a homemade RDWC, it's just not performing the same. Traditionally 1/2", 3/4" or some ballers step up to 1" PVC to interconnect the buckets with... that's a recipe for a headache come bloom when the roots blow up.

The Under Current specializes in fat nugs with simplicity in mind. 1 gram per watt with almost no effort or Co2? Sign me up!

Beautiful_Smiles_by_Rannsack.jpg

Speakin' of easy nugs...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
:yeahthats :yeahthats :yeahthats and then :yeahthats

My 5gal roots last time were weak! This round the'll be better, and the 12reg UC will be installed in the dungeon for the next round of flower. I can't wait for bigger better roots!

Peace, :joint:

MASHUP

So the social-group portion of the site requires a member of 1 year+, one month off if you want me to create/moderate the thing. Otherwise a senior member can step up and create it, no problem.

Looks pretty sweet Hydrosun, only to get sweeter!

opt1c

Veteran
i think i've been around that long... do it

hehe... nvr mind.. i don't post whore enough.. gonna have to start getting on top of those grow logs

BigGreen

Veteran
That must be you mash up. How high do you set the water line at is it the same as rdwc 1 inch below the net pots. Ive been checking on the the scc and my hydro shop guy says no problem on shipping it to him at no mark up cost either. So I may be there soon enough. I think I would like to ditch the ebb & grow 24 site and go with the 12 xl uc system. Yo mash you think I could break 5 # with 3k with the 12xl uc on the first run with a little help from you perhaps. One more thing how do you setup the chiller with the system and can I use a regular float hooked up to my 55 gal drum for auto top off.
Thanks buddy Im getting pumped over hear.

ajc0k

Props on the undercurrent and all mash and your harvest. i didnt come here to flame no hard feelings but come on take it down a notch on the images man i know it's your thread and all trying to be helpful, shit i'm convinced on buying two 12 xl's thanks to you.. but damn man I spent nearly 2 hours skimming through your 100 page thread to find informative posts on the system but nearly 90% of the posts contain just irrelevant stupid pics. i know you do it to try and keep your thread alive and kickin but if your worried about entertainment you don't need that shit, a good grow is all it takes. my :2cents: peace

MASHUP

Reaching for 2000!

gallery_6754_25_16673.jpg

I run weird water levels, people argue about them, the nugs argue back. All the way through until mid-bloom I run the buckets almost full. Then slowly back off. A little twist at the end I'll share in our social-group where the secret tips are stored away. :D

You would have to mess up badly not to get 5# from 3k. I had some issues the last grow and still did that well in the end. Really makes ya wonder what's possible with the right genetics. Frosty will tear that shit up.

Your existing chiller and rez are all you need. The UC comes with the rez hookup kit and has that mini-adjustable float built in. Look at how opt1c has his stuff hooked up, that's the way to go. The video I posted up of the epicenter bucket - well the gray t-fitting pops off and you slip your chiller input line on. Easy as pie, no additional pumps or anything.

:yummy:

MASHUP

ajc0k - No hard feelings, to each their own, sorry you're not into it like some. All in good fun. :smoke:

The real information will be posted in our social-group in a well sorted manner, fancied up with graphics and printable PDFs etc. (I'll even make ya a plain .txt document if that's your thing. :D)

Carboy

If you're drooling right about now and have questions, ask away. :smoke:

How's the water temp hold? Any chiller required? Total system gallons? How high up does the water run in the basket?

Last time i talked to Richard (got the impression he was the owner of UC) they were having trouble w/ their diffusers holding up and were redesigning them. The largest was no problem --- the the bucket ones seemed to be causing the grief. What individual diffusers do they use? Are they weighted or secured?

What's the LPM or GPM of the air pump? What is the GPH rating on the Danner water pump?

I thought when i first saw this system that i wish this had been around when i started growing -- but i'm not really sure plastic was even invented then !! All the growing principles are sound and Mash's result speaks for itself. W/ suggested retail for $1300 for the 12 or 12XL, i wouldn't fuck w/ trying to diy it.

Thanks ---------- CB

MASHUP

How well does your room temp hold? That answers how well the water temp holds. If you follow my advice on bacteria and fungi I don't believe a chiller is required up into the 80s. What size system are you interested in? Multiply the number of buckets x 8 (the epicenter bucket is the same size).

They have the nicest diffuser in there now. It's a disc diffuser used in ponds, has a 3/4" air intake - BEEF! Attached, doesn't move.

What size system are you interested in? The pump size changes a few times in the range, not exactly sure on the details though. The 12-sites come with the 750gph, the 8-sites with the 500gph if not mistaken.

Anything else? :D

MASHUP

It's kinda like Apple fanboys who sound like total douche bags to Windows users for whatever reason, until they actually give a Mac a try and see what they've been missing. Pro-grade vs. DIY. There's a little more to it than looks sometimes...

Ecstatic about what we all just saw go down and want to see y'all enjoy gardening the same way. No more busting ass over here anyway... :smoke:

MASHUP

Damn straight. No secrets here, seeking knowledge, passing on every morsel that can be gleaned. Hope you guys take the same path and we benefit mutually.

3lbs a light is the goal, who will do it?

BigGreen

Veteran
Ya know what, if the better half agrees tonight the uc will be under 3k replacing the ebb & grow in about 30 days. You say I dont even need a chiller with the right tea. The ebb room canopy temp is a constant 80f and the ambient temp is a constant 75f and could be brought down to about 73 if needed. If I didnt need a chiller that would be da bomb then I could leave the one I have where its at. We'll see Im getting the uc itch and it cant really be controlled.

MASHUP

"The ebb room canopy temp is a constant 80f and the ambient temp is a constant 75f..."

Perfect. Skip the chiller.

Status
Not open for further replies.