What's new

The Landrace Team

RobFromTX

I personally find it hard to believe a single bank managing to produce 145 landraces from all over the globe. Talk about having friends in high places.

They seem legit to me but they sure are shady and their prices are ridiculous

Last edited:

bajode5

I personally find it hard to believe a single bank managing to produce 145 landraces from all over the globe. Talk about having friends in high places.

They seem legit to me but they sure are shady and their prices are ridiculous
I don't think all the people he got the riddle seeds from are his friends. Friendship is respected by being transparent, especially when you profit from other people's work unless the donor requests anonymity.
I wouldn't trust a lot of someone who is said to not grow pot. But hey, it is a quick way to spend a lot of money and not carry the security that can be provided by the testimony of many growers in internet forums like this one.

Just my opinion.

RobFromTX

I don't think all the people he got the riddle seeds from are his friends. Friendship is respected by being transparent, especially when you profit from other people's work unless the donor requests anonymity.
I wouldn't trust a lot of someone who is said to not grow pot. But hey, it is a quick way to spend a lot of money and not carry the security that can be provided by the testimony of many growers in internet forums like this one.

Just my opinion.

Well they steal other growers pictures and use them without consent, thats been well established, but it seems every seedbank i love is guilty of stealing at some level 🤷‍♂️

endgegner

'll bite. here's an example - the Philippines (death penalty there). to my knowledge there are only 2 companies with landrace cultivars from the Philippines. you have Khalifa Genetics with 1 offering (Kibungan) and you have TLT with like 4 offerings? if you could produce another company's name that also offers Pilipino genetics i'd be happy to look at it.

as for the second statement... if you want to sit there and think that go ahead. there's not a single hobby grower who has the time, energy, or resources to source 145 unique landrace cultivars. 145 cultivars would be 90% of the offerings they have. to think that the company of TLT has scoured the globe and made all these amazing landraces available for anyone who can purchase them... it's miraculous in my eyes. the amount of sheer work that must have been put in to acquire all these genetics over the course of 5-6 years... show me ANYONE with similar results...
And that's exactly the point, it is "miraculous" (like you wrote) or rather unbelievable or even better said unrealistic, that they get this result within a short time frame while being not a big sized company. While more established and earlier companies, that are able to offer a website with a payment portal, don't establish this, this sketchy company has made this result?

How is it possible for them to visit that many countries in such a short amount of time? And if they are that good at sourcing, why do they have to steal photos from other breeders?
If they are capable of sourcing that many strains in that many countries, why is it so hard to take your own photos? You just have to take out your phone and press the capture button nowadays. And with a decent phone you will get ok photos without any work.

Thinking about this, it seems more realistic, that they rather claim to have these genetics and just sell you something else. And if it is a sativa hybrid of two similar landraces, many people that try it wouldn't even notice.

Last edited:

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Adding to everything @endgegner said: @crunkyeah you basically say that ethics and business should be kept separate. This may be YOUR moral compass. Everyone has a different one. For some people it would only be impossible to buy from a company which treated themselves or close relatives badly - for example when they fired your wife you would not buy from them again, right?

Other people are different. Many large business outfits had to adjust their policies when a significant part of the population (for a business this may be as little as 5% or less of former customers) just boycotted them. https://www.ethicalconsumer.org/ethicalcampaigns/boycotts/history-successful-boycotts shows, that boycotts can and did work.

So, this probably won't work with a small seed company but it shows that many people share a common belief in what is acceptable and what isn't in business.

endgegner

They already have and 5 different genotypes .. it’s like their prices .. on the hidden list.. plus that Singaporean head off haze
You are right, I was joking and they claim they have DPRK seeds, haha

This is so unbelievable. I guess they went to China, illegally crossed the border and went back :)
And Flowering: 50-65 days. Yes, 120% legit.

Or even better: They just went there through the DMZ and went back to South Korea from there.
Source: Trust me bro.

Last edited:

crunkyeah

Veteran
@endgegner - we don't know any more about TLT's situation than they know about yours. how do you know anything about TLT or the size of their company? i've used many seed vendors that use paypal 'friends and family' as a payment method. there's several seed BANKS in the US here which do not have a payment option for your seeds. you have to send them a money order. ever heard of hemp depot? you send them cash or a postal money order. just because it's 2024 does not mean every single seed seller will be like the others. i'll say it again, we do not know what TLT's situation is. it's all speculation, past what they publish online.

How is it possible for them to visit that many countries in such a short amount of time? And if they are that good at sourcing, why do they have to steal photos from other breeders?
if you read the About Me on the TLT website someone there has been collecting seeds since 1999. it's not unrealistic at all when i look at other websites who are run by a singular group of people. maybe they hired people to take them on tours?? we don't know why they steal photos. why don't you ask them??
If they are capable of sourcing that many strains in that many countries, why is it so hard to take your own photos?
do you think they have the space to grow 100+ unique landraces and keep them separate? no one does. no country, no corporation, nor a living man or woman. India is a good example with a good seed bank. don't see too many photos of the variance in their plants. they're also expensive sometimes. also don't have direct payment on their website. you have to buy from seed banks.

Thinking about this, it seems more realistic, that they rather claim to have these genetics and just sell you something else.
my last grow was 5x TLT's Sumatran Banda Aceh. these are the real monster type sativa. i've grown enough plants now to know these were *highly* inbred. the seeds were difficult to germinate and i've never had that from a TLT strain. every account i've read about plants from the place... my plants matched up 100%. they're very racey and narcotic and have a real sativa structure to them. there's 0% chance in my mind that the plants i grew were anything but what they said they are. look up jadenectar on IG; they grew tons of TLT cultivars in Cali last season and you can see the variances in them all. my plants got to 6' tall then i scrogged them and they still stretched to 7' tall through the screen. outdoors they would have been monsters...

for everyone else,

time is a thing right? some of their offerings even though they're listed on the website have been out of stock for ages.... how do you know they don't have seeds from 1980? how do you know if it's in stock or not? jeeze people. we don't know everything... you're taking your limited context of the world and saying "it should be this way because i feel this and that" ... we have no idea the full scope of any situation because we only have our 1 perception of the world. send them an email and ask them if you're curious. sitting here discussing their morality without having them in the discussion is childish. again, you either buy their seeds or don't. it's really simple.

i'm done discussing this because i don't like repeating myself. the final thing i will say is, i'm not advocating for or against TLT as a company. it's not my place. i'm here to tell you that i have found in the seed stock they have offered and i have purchased, that i thoroughly enjoyed the plants and believe them to be true. myself i don't like the dumb pricing so i decided to make tens of thousands seeds as a big middle finger to them. take it how you will.

blondie

The thing is, they may even sell the wrong genetics as something else, if they already behave like this.
Right now, they seem to be the only ones with pure Colombian genetics, but who says, that is not just another landrace, some Thai for example?
@endgegner They are not the only ones around with pure columbian genetics, if they even have pure. The corinto I grew is ok, not great. Is it pure? Dunno.

Check this out. Beans are far more reasonable priced.

endgegner

@endgegner - we don't know any more about TLT's situation than they know about yours. how do you know anything about TLT or the size of their company?
They claim to have three people in their about me section and in general their website is really unprofessional - a bad setup WordPress page without a payment portal. A bigger sized company has the resources to build a decent website. And in general, it is up to a company to prove their claims, and not the users to prove it wrong.

Last edited:

Rastafarout

Premium user
@crunkyeah you are ignorant , ignoring all the facts laid out here , and then using words like childish .. really?
Another little fact is that Jade nectar says the Africans are all different I asked him …

Now if you know your Africans you would know they are all very similar .. especially east and south
He got them from TLT and they are all different…
That in itself is another tell tale clue

Also let’s see some of your plants then? Or as they say never happened…

endgegner

@crunkyeah you are ignorant , ignoring all the facts laid out here , and then using words like childish .. really?
"I don't care about the childish discussion"

Yet, writes a wall of text and still doesn't give meaningful answers to my doubts with arguments like:
"We don't know stuff about you, you have to prove they are wrong."

At one point he even backed up one of my doubts:
"If they are capable of sourcing that many strains in that many countries, why is it so hard to take your own photos?"

His reply:
"do you think they have the space to grow 100+ unique landraces and keep them separate? no one does. no country, no corporation, nor a living man or woman."

And that's it. Yes, I don't think they have the space to grow 100+ unique landraces. No one has the space to offer what they offer, so how can they offer it?

Last edited:

Rastafarout

Premium user
Yeah the bro is on some heavy type sativa ….. or just likes writing for the sake of it
No wait sativa gives you introspection..
it’s the writing liking then

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Well, in their defense I read somewhere that their growing is "outsourced". Might have even been in this thread somewhere. Someone showed up who grows for them.

But - must have also been in this thread - someone also mentioned the owner's handle who posted here a bit quite a while ago. And a quick search on his other posts showed me that he tried to acquire seeds from people here. Which others claimed later showed up on his sales list for a hefty price without mention of where they come from.

This research convinced me not to buy. A negative post here or an overly positive one there is not convincing me one way or another. But there is just a lot of evidence that the outfit is not something I personally like. YMMV.

endgegner

Well, in their defense I read somewhere that their growing is "outsourced". Might have even been in this thread somewhere. Someone showed up who grows for them.
Then I wanna know, how they "outsourced" North Korean cannabis :D
Someone from the DPRK mails it to them? :)

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Then I wanna know, how they "outsourced" North Korean cannabis :D
Someone from the DPRK mails it to them? :)
Well, I guess you know that is not what I meant :) They said some people (sounded like not only in Europe but also in North America) grow the first batch of supplied seeds for TLT to produce large amounts of seed. Found the guy who grows for them, read all his posts in this thread to get the picture:

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Here is the other thread with his name here: Riddle

And one of the posts that made me google a bit more to finally decide I won't buy: https://www.icmag.com/threads/landrace-team.378678/page-3#post-18159409

Last edited:

endgegner

Well, I guess you know that is not what I meant :) They said some people (sounded like not only in Europe but also in North America) grow the first batch of supplied seeds for TLT to produce large amounts of seed. Found the guy who grows for them, read all his posts in this thread to get the picture:
Yeah, I was more making fun of their unreliability and their unrealistic offer.
But regardless of me joking: A seed bank should not get seeds from users from a forum, they should visit the countries themselves or at least send a reliable person there.
While you can get good stuff from forums, sometimes people like to claim wrong stuff of forums to make themselves look more interesting (human nature in general). If you go to the fields and meet the person physically, you can assure more of the person's authenticity.

Latest posts

Latest posts