What's new

Thailand Outdoor

kush07

Hey Thai, it's been awhile since I've been on to check your stuff. I must say that they look very nice. Have you noticed any Hermie tendencies? I have heard that Thai varities have a high hermaphoditic (sp?) rate and I was wondering if you could help with this info. Thanks in advance.

Happy Toking :bandit:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
There are no pistils one one of them? That could be a very cool thing if you live where there is fear of feral males having their way with your crop!

ThaiPhoon

kush07- well man I am not that experienced in locating the "nanners" There are some oddly placed calyxes that I suppose could be nanners. These are located below budsites mostly on the main branch. I have pulled a lot of them off. They dont ever seem to open, but often I find them dried out. I will take a picture tomorrow as I have a hard time typing a description!

I must say however, that the smells of these flowers are damn great!! There are two different plants in that big pot. One smells SUPER fruity (like all kinds of berries and "tropicalness") and the other one smells more like lemons or like that stinging citrus-like smell. I believe another month or so until I chop the top buds. The plants look like they are making new buds lower on the plant as well.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Those are preflowers ThaiPhoon, the ones near budsites in the stem...male flowers are easy to identify, yellowish banana looking things.

ThaiPhoon

Thanks Farmer John! If those are preflowers - and now that I think about it, preflowers makes perfect sense! lol. live and learn. - then I can say that as of yet I have NOT seen any yellow nanners. I am actually hoping to get some pollen from either my Mississippi Mud seedlings and/or the Johnny Blaze I have just started to cross with these Thai babes!

Peace All

HashishinReidi

Sawdeekrab thaipoon ,Nice looking sat there you did well being able to get the seed to germ , de dalat strains was from nam as you said and some of them went for like 22 weeks ,though i think he took them down abit before that. As did mak who also did some of dee seeds .It was a pitty he left og and cw just after ht run that story on him .I must say you have got balls farsure, doing that there and being a farang .I can hoestly say that is the one place i will not even toke in ie Thailand i have alot of friends there who have been there since the 80 and they say back then it was no trouble what so ever but then yabba and Thaskin and his hit police soon put a stop to most things but he has gone now .Anyways as i said before very nice plants andits nice to see them budding up and being sat makes it that much better ,Take it easy and stay safe .Edit i just read were you said quote I may try taking a piss in the bucket before that is one of the WORST things you can do DO NOT DO THAT please ,Its not nice for your plant at all talk about cheech and chong .

Last edited:

ThaiPhoon

Hi everyone, I have a few more pics to share with you all. I tied the big top branches up to some bamboo today, as it is expected to rain soon and was getting quite windy!

Hashishi- err its a little too late, I have used a very diluted less than 5% on the plants, a few days ago. I haven't seen any ill effects. I also used the dilute solution on my seedlings indoors, also no ill effects, why is it the WORST thing i could do?

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Nothing at all wrong with using dilute urine! A lot of chemical fertilizers are made out of urea.

ngakpa

Veteran
heya - looking lovely there

they will be loving the mollasses and compost tea I bet

I wouldn't bother with using urine at this point - it still needs to sit a while, and should not go straight on plants IMHO - there is plenty in urine apart from urea ... creatinine, toxins etc. etc.

but above all it is high N and looking at those plants I would not be putting high N on them now, no way ...

and my usual carping: I would leave them flowering on the long side, and cure as long as possible

lucky git: how I miss the Thai herb

if you are ever up in the North I recommend you pick up seeds there - as I am always saying, had no probs with accidentally germing some of those wee feckers ... and they popped and sprouted fast too

Last edited:

ThaiPhoon

hey fellas glad you are liking the pics.

Namkha- I hear you about leaving them flower longer. Problem for me is my weed fiend girlfriend, I think you can see the one top has been pretty well picked off. I have also promised her that I would harvest "the tops" by song kran (thai new year april 13-16) which is about 17 weeks of flowering. I will keep the lower buds going as long as possible and let them "go to seed"

PEACE

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, you'll just have to keep her away from it, won't you...? This is important scientific research now, not just some 'recreational pursuit'...:)

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
At this stage (flowering), you want to use very little urine. Use it when the plants just start to yellow a little. Nitrogen can slow down flowering, make your plants TOO green and also make them leafier. You are already using it in dilute form, so you're good to go. Use it very sparingly. I would stop using it completely at the end of March to give your plants a chance to lose some chlorophyll.

Last edited:

ThaiPhoon

OK, I will not use anymore urine now! I will just keep using the compost/molasses tea. If using the organics only what do you guys think about flushing? Is it going to be necessary?

G

~Hey man those plants are looking great! With organics indoors i just use water for the last week or so. I been smoking Mod Bx today, Its has an uplifting high but i am jealous i would so love some thai outdoor :D

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I stop feeding about a week before harvest too. I only use fish emulsion/urine, high P Indonesian bat guano and Ascophyllum nodosum (kelp/seaweed). I'm probably gonna be in Thailand next month. I'm looking to find some good genetics in Phuket...

ngakpa

Veteran
heya Glock23 - Phuket is a major tourist centre (nice hotels, and plenty of the more 'classy' - ahem - bargirls) as I expect you know ... but I thought I should add that unless you already have contacts, you're unlikely to get anything other than very commercial grass there, at very high prices, from untrustworthy characters - and, unless I am mistaken, it will all have been brought in from elsewhere

bear in mind that for Thais, a kilo of grass [from what I hear] goes for only a couple of thousand baht - so significantly less than 100 UK pounds - just to give you a picture of the royal fleecing that goes on on the beaches in Phuket ...

[edit: still I guess it pays to remember here that for a working class Thai the price of a kilo of grass is about the same as a months salary - say between 5 to less than 10 thousand baht - to put into perspective exactly what we are talking about if we feel we are being "ripped off" while on holiday]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts