What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thailand Outdoor

chaingmai

sawadeeKrab hey man nice looking ladies ya got there:) I was fortunate to spend a month traveling around your beautiful country. The city is a little hard to find anything safely but i had absolutely no problem finding nice smoke on the islands:) and hey thats where all good diving is anyways. I can't wait to see your thai girls finish so i am gonna pull up a seat.

-irie

ThaiPhoon

I know that this pic isnt high quality, sorry.

This is a little sample of what I got in Bangkok the other day.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Looking nice and healthy! I'm sure you'll find your own buds to be much nicer and tastier than the brick.

G

Your plants are looking good. I have thai in some crosses but not pure. Really cant wait to see your flower.
Best of luck with the growing!
~neilspotshop

ThaiPhoon

Baby buds

Baby buds

Hi eveyone.

Well it is now Jan 10 and my Thai bagseed plants have baby buds! I imagine these girls will be finished at about the 4-20!

I have a question for the others growing in the region.

Will the lengthening of the days after the equinox have a negative impact on the flowering of the plant?

Thanks!

I wish I had a better camera!!! sorry for the pic quality :redface:

Last edited:

ThaiPhoon

Photo update

Photo update

Hi Again. time for a quick update. All the girls are doing well. They are on a strict fish-pond water diet with weekly top dressing of guano and compost. Some of the bigger bottom fan leaves have yellowed but I think thats ok? The smaller on in the small container has been worked. I want to make this one into a bush! I have topped every growth shoot. It will get transplanted next week to a large container identical to the other one.

The smaller one has also shown female preflowers now!

All three plants are of different phenotypes. I think the smallest one is the most beautiful shade of green ever. The bigger two are similar but have different colors and leaf shapes.

I think its possible that I have a sample of many south asian strains here as most of the "Thai" is now imported from cambodia, laos or burma!

kush07

Looking nice and happy. Hope your other beauty's show themselves to be lovely ladies as well. Wish you all the luck in the world.

Happy Toking :bandit:

ThaiPhoon

Greetings H&L and Kush, thanks for the positive words! These ladies are really great. Next time around I won't put 2 of them in one bucket!

Peace

ThaiPhoon

New Pics

New Pics

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by. I have borrowed a decent camera and have taken a few pictures. They are looking pretty good. These pics are definitely MUCH better than the previous ones...

Here are the clones I have taken. They are in moistened coconut husks, I have given them some B1 mixture, not sure what else is exactly in the mixture but it says its bio organic so cant hurt and they look good.

G

The Plants are looking great! really good pic's too. Do the Flowering plants have much of a smell yet?
The clones look healthy, have you used coco before?
Good luck with the grow!

ThaiPhoon

Hey Neil,

Yes the girls have a slight citrus/fruity smell to them, they smell so good I want to eat them. Common sense prevails thankfully!

This is the first time I have used coco. The reason being is that I can't find perlite nor vermiculite here. It exists in the city, but thats about 3 hours from here! Anyways the stuff is dirt cheap, about 1 dollar for roughly 4 liters.

I also mix in about 15-20% of that coco into my normal soil mix.

I keep the clones covered with another translucent plastic cup, and mist them with a very dilute B1 mixture.

Peace

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
i also used a coco&soil mix when i did my first indoor. the stuff worked great and i used nutrients from a bottle. they weren't for coco or even for hidro, but the stuff worked well and i had no problems...absolutely none.

because the stuff worked so well i'm going to use it this season outdoors.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
Looking good ThaiPoon!! really interesting landrace strain that thai.. looks like some lovely bud.. not too "rude" .. :yes:

im also courious about those clones.. lets see how they do.. its quite unusual to see clones took when the plant started to bloom.. i bet they wont grow too much.. unless they go back on massive veg.

ThaiPhoon

Hey WAMEN,

I know it is unusual to take clones when the plant has started to bloom. These came from the very bottom shoots, and are less mature than the upper shoots.
I believe that once these kick back into veg (IF) the budsites will produce more places for new shoots to grow out of. I hope this is the case anyways! If not, well, I can always sprout some more seeds.

By the looks of the plant at this stage I will be able to harvest the top buds then allow the lower ones to mature even more. I am not sure if this is a common practice, but I think I will let the remaining bottom shoots go to seed...

Thanks for the comments!

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I love a good landrace, stop in to my grow and see how my durban poison IBL goes insisde before the northern season starts.

ThaiPhoon

Here are a few more developing bud shots I took this morning.

I have looked back at my notes and have noticed that these plants started showing white hairs (pre-flowers) on about the 13 December. Given that and the current bud state, how much longer do you think they will need to mature? Now they are at about 6 weeks of flower, some have mentioned that they will go for 12 weeks others say 16... I think I will just watch them and take them down as each bud ripens. Does that sound like the best idea?

Latest posts

Latest posts