What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thailand Outdoor

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
9573FullThaiB030507.jpg

:yes:

ngakpa

Veteran
HarryNugz said:
I wonder how possible it would be to be legal in your state then go visit Thailand and not smoke anything at all but get nabbed for a random and come up positive. I think I'll clear my system before going as I wanna hit up some club scenes when I go.

very, very unlikely to be a problem man, I would not worry - in a typical Bangkok club everyone will have drugs in their system ...

lovely job Thaipoon - enjoy!

I reckon if I was you I wouldn't pollinate them now - I would re-veg them, and make seeds that time round ... just my tuppence

Happy smoking :)

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Just got back from Phuket. I got some sweet sinsemilla buds from a cab driver. They (cab driver and his friends) smoked a huge spliff with us too. It was a little scary, cuz there was a huge knife on the table. That being said, the cab driver was really cool, and they all said I look mafia, which was funny.

The pot was heavily compressed (still kind of wet), and 1000 baht for about 7 grams. I know we got kinda ripped off, but it was good pot and we got it pretty easily. I love Thailand :D I'll have pics and a smoke report tomorrow.

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
OK, no pics yet (my mate's a lazy bastard), but I'll give you a smoke report. Fast hitting, smooth smoke. Very very mental, but with a body relaxing effect (definitely not incapacitating). I was fucking going crazy off the Thai. Reminds me a lot of the Kali Mist I had in the 'Dam, or even my own Indian sativa. Sativas don't have that skunky funk. They're sweet with a mild aroma, and usually very leafy. I was lost in my own mind, and caught myself staring at random spots, totally flying mentally. I couldn't stop zoning out and thinking about random shit. IMO there's a good chance the Thai pot is closely related to the Indians. The aromas are somewhat similar, and they're both wispy. There's a definite similarity in the high too.

I saw a lot of plants in Thailand that I've seen in India, and Buddhism and Hinduism are both important in Thailand.

IMO the indicas don't mess with your head, but I love a good relaxing indica with that skunky funk too.

BTW, the weather in the South of Thailand was amazing. 100 degrees F and super sunny. I bet your sativas LOVED the weather. I wish I had intense sunlight like that, but I'm further North....

BTW, your buds look great. Damn, I want to move to Thailand now ;) There are a heck of a lot of stoners in Thailand. I took the opportunity to stock up on papers (Pure Hemp and Smoking Blues) that I can't get locally.

One thing to note: Thais are fuckin gangsta. Don't piss off a Thai, or he might just whoop your ass with his buddies. I saw a tiny Thai guy use some slick kickboxing moves on a couple of Europeans who were considerably bigger than him. They ran away! He then smiled at us and shook our hands!

Last edited:
G

guest123

ThaiPhoon said:
Hi Elevator Man, thanks for the good info. I think that it is "running". You can kinda see what I think you mean by that, at the very tops of those top buds. There are tiny shoots with stretched calyxes and those non-serrated leaves...I took one of the tops down today.

At least now I know that I can't flower here all year round! DOH!

sure can flower there all year , just need something thats not pure sativa for the times where the days are creeping up ,, horses for courses ..
also ,, best to grow in the ground ,, easier to keep cool , mulch etc ...

Very intresting thread ThaiPhoon and lovely thai ladies...

I was particulary intrested by the use of tropical organic things like coco husk ,rice husk as i'm also growing near the equator and have those products in big quantity available.

I'd love to use coco coir but it seems to be a lot of work to make it from the husk, i was thinking to put some coco husk in water for some month to help it soften and get rid of high salt concentration eventhough i have acces to inherlands coco which should not have a high salt concentration.

Do you also use the kind of fiber coco mesh which is on the coco tree ? i had use it as bed for orchideas with coal dust with success .

Concerning the rice husk, they are tons here that they burn from the rice factory , how do you use it to aerate soil , just like that or burn ?

I need some advice to aerate my soil, Perlite doesn't sell here, is it bad to use rotten wood ?

Peace.

ThaiPhoon

Hi Lambsbreath,

Where I am I can buy bags and bags upon bags of coconut husk in many different forms. I use the smallest chunks along with the hair. I am not sure about substitutes for perlite. I mix the rice husk charcoal in with compost and wormcastings now. Do a search on Terra Preta, I think the first page that Google gives goes into great detail about the benefits of charcoal used in the soil of ancient south american farms. I am able to get perlite in Bangkok only. I use the brown rice husk shells for other types of composting. I have used them to make bokashi and an ancient Indian formula I found in the organic fanatic collective thread-check that out- I mix equal parts of cow turd and rice husks and mix with water to cover...let that sit for a month. It makes a lot of methane and smell for a while. The idea is that the silica is extracted from the husks and the fermenting process makes the cow turd nutes more available to the plants.

Here at the nursery's they also use the brown rice husks raw as propagation medium..they also use the straight rice husk charcoal for some plants. So I suppose you could use it straight in the dirt. I have and haven't seen any ill effects.

On the coco...I wash it twice to make sure the salt content is gone or at least very low..

hope that helps .

b8man

Veteran
Hey ThaiPhoon - greetings from Malaysia!

I actually know a few people growing in BKK and other bits of Thailand too. Just make sure you keep the bribe fund topped up. In the scheme of things, they shouldn't give a damn about you - but cops like cash and they still pay a hefty reward to any information leading to a payoff.

So far I've found that the humidity is proving to be a real kick-in-the-teeth here - so congrats on getting some green out of your grow. I'm looking into getting Citrofresh concentrate shipped out here just to ward off mould (it worked when i was in UK).

The pure thai strains are just too spindly in my experience. I've got a couple i'm playing around with which should have a great stone, but damn they can stretch! So instead i'm getting some Mandala strains going and buying smoke here (pricier than Thailand).

Ok - time to hit the sun before the rains come again.

Laterz

B8

jollygt

ThaiPhoon said:
Hi everyone, I have a few more pics to share with you all. I tied the big top branches up to some bamboo today, as it is expected to rain soon and was getting quite windy!

Hashishi- err its a little too late, I have used a very diluted less than 5% on the plants, a few days ago. I haven't seen any ill effects. I also used the dilute solution on my seedlings indoors, also no ill effects, why is it the WORST thing i could do?

i love sativas