What's new

Stanley Blower Fan Mod

G

I'm trying to get an idea of how big a filter the Stanley will work. I'm about 1/4 way thru a 8 by 6 by28 scrubber. Gr will be 10 by 6 by 8 but may grow in the future. When are we gonna throw a propane CO2 generator together? :chin:

Guest423

Veteran
well i just picked one up today to test her out, i have to go back and read and see how to set it up. i didn't get the ductwork yet though, i was checking different peices of venting out in the store and almost found a perfect fit to go over the square end!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
This seriously one of my favorite threads on Icmag.

I can't believe i haven't posted here yet.

I have 2 stanley, although one is currently venting the heat from the attic :hotbounce :hotbounce :hotbounce

Here is the other. I did not mod it, i cut a hole in the top of the cabinet

I had my 250HPS hooked up through the fan for a week, but just decided to put both on the same timer instead.

After summer, i will uber-mod the other stanley into a steath cabinet that i am building in my head :sasmokin: :sasmokin:

RuralRoute420

it's that time again:)

it's that time again:)

looks like a project, after tinkering around with it for a minute last night, here are my thoughts:

1.) that 6" starter collar coming off the intake of fan should just be a 5" starter collar. i ended up chopping off 1"+ off of starter collar to make a snugger fit. so save some time.

2.) i've noticed that around this starter collar there is a slight gap around the ring of the intake. i take it this is where the duct tape/or maybe aluminum foil tape would do the trick......

3.) using a 4" ducting, i'm going to have to go with user names way of using the 10.5"x3.5"x4" register duct. no way to stretch that 4":) :bat:

i went to 2 different walmart to get this after seeing them both there in the past, and they didn't have them anymore....??? went down the road to major home improvement store, they had it all. cost was right at $50:) i was very suprised at the amount of air this thing can move just on the lowest setting. definently a good multipurpose fan.

more pics to come when finished. this will be removing air from new hut when it get here:) ohboy :woohoo:

Last edited:

RuralRoute420

MY MARIJUANA MAKING MACHINE:)

MY MARIJUANA MAKING MACHINE:)

well here it is, not too hard to put together. beings though i can't even use it yet, i'm left to wonder about how much air this thing really is sucking.

if you have a grow cab, with a a/c hood, glass or no glass, should you cover the air intake for the room side? making it a "true" inline fan. it just doesn't seem like it's pulling that much air, but what the hell do i know. maybe it is 265cfm.....

the coller for the outake was kinda tricky, didn't have the exact parts to make it easier, but it works. taped all the inside/outside seams with foil tape to make sure there was no air loss.

make sure you have it positioned the way you want it before taping it up, duh! it's all cockeyed because it will hang on cieling of cab parallel to the floor:) sweet.

Last edited:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
Ambre said:
The air intake for the blower is only on the one side; the intake on the side that has the electric outlets is just to cool the motor. You don't want to block that.

thats my thoughts too, great post RuralRoute420, be sure to post an installed report, i coudnt be happier with mine! :woohoo:

G

Installed my stanley today and I'm pleased. It goes straight up about 4 ft thru 10" flex and out the roof. (duct tape is a wonderful thing) My room is 10 by 10" at the middle setting The draft at the door is pretty good. We will see how it works thru the carbon scrubber. picts soon.

Guest423

Veteran
can anyone list the exact parts i need, size and the name? i went to menards and checked and there was alot of different names and sizes, i just want to make sure i get the right parts so i don't have to take an extra trip back to the store.

i already have the blower just need the parts list.

are you guys using it to suck off the lights or blow through the lights? seems like it would work much better to blow through.

The Dopest

Veteran
T2U, you can blow or suck either way. if you have room to mount the fan up high and blow through your light and then out, it will work great. i have mine pulling through the light and pushing through a filter, it works fine that way too. as far as a list, there is really only the 5" starter collar for the inlet if you pull and a vent register or 6" starter collar for the output. you also need either 4" or 6" flex duct(or both) and the adapters required (either a 5-6" or 6-4"whatever). each setup is slightly different so if you had a pic or description where you want to use it we could better help.

peace!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Click on these images for larger pictures.

Well, I was making a new cabinet today, an decided to take some pictures. I also took apart one :sasmokin: of my Stanley Blowers.

All tools needed to completely disassemble are pictured. Total disassembling time, 5-10 minutes. If i was in a hurry (read: not vaped out my mind) i could take it apart in 90 sec.

The motor, electrical outlets, & Reset switch.

Underside of motor

With the plastic housing attached. (note i cut off the handle with a hack saw)

There is a washer that sits under the fan 'blade' Here is a picture of the screw that holds the 'blade' to the motor. Also note, the spinning part of the motor is notched, and shaped like a D instead of an O. The fan 'blade' also has a D shaped whole.

I did not modify anything electrical, but if someone wanted to, it would not be difficult at all. The only bad thing about this fan is it is sold as 'Stanley', even though it is manufactured by Lesko. Quality construction, and they run forever (figureatively), just not associated with Stanley other than naming rights.

New cabinet pics are not in a thread yet, but in my gallery (i would imagine, i upload them).

Guest423

Veteran
The Dopest said:
T2U, you can blow or suck either way. if you have room to mount the fan up high and blow through your light and then out, it will work great. i have mine pulling through the light and pushing through a filter, it works fine that way too. as far as a list, there is really only the 5" starter collar for the inlet if you pull and a vent register or 6" starter collar for the output. you also need either 4" or 6" flex duct(or both) and the adapters required (either a 5-6" or 6-4"whatever). each setup is slightly different so if you had a pic or description where you want to use it we could better help.

peace!

i'm putting it in a 7-8ft closet so i have plenty of room to mount it high, my plan is to push through the light and out the carbon filter. so i will only need the 6' vent register and the 6-4' adapter and the duct? i went to menards and seen a bunch of different pieces and sizes so i don't know exactly what i need just for blowing, none of the vent registers seem to fit....let me know if i'm on the right path here i want to do it this weekend so i can go 12/12 and not have to keep the closet open....peace

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
here you are way back on pg 6 ppl dont read that far back bump

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I wonder if that might not be a shaded pole motor? Not likely as it is wired for different speeds (I recall different number of windings).

I wonder if a solid state fan speed control could be wired in to the high speed side?

Just a thought.

minds_I

The Dopest

Veteran
Scrog Dog hi, i saw that one at harbor freight...it would be alot harder to mod the ductwork onto plus its the same price as the Stanley. good lookin out though.

minds_I sup man! great question. maybe some electricians can jump in before i have to go lookin :chin:

:confused:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
modified the cab again with the stanely blower i kept the same 5x4 reducer as before but got the A/C register duct w/4inch outlet. grabbed good tin snips and cut it down to fit directly over the exhaust of the blower end

used the good 90 mile per hour silver duct tape and taped it on the stanely and ducting

inside the cab i have it hooked up to this 400w hps 6in air cooled hood

i draw fresh air from outside of cab through sealed hood :) bulb and socket towards stanely side of hood
-----> air --- hood --- bulb/socket---->exhaust up into attic i can touch the glass on the hood n/p if i choose

Last edited: