What's new

Stanley Blower Fan Mod

bugotti

sweet, when i setup mine, the cooltube wich was powered by the dayon, wasnt ran outside the other end of the closet, it WAS the exhaust, it sucked the air outta the grow room, past the dual 250 HPS's and into the vent stack for the house( cuttin that sunnofabiotch was a real pleasent thing=))

G

i made mine inline, using this register box ducting piece. this one was 10"x3.25" to 4", about $5 or $6 at home depot.

....a cut here, a cut there to make the 10" width more like 7.5" to fit over the fan's opening snugly.

....and i duct taped the shit out of it :D

iamhigh

hey username great addittion i was wondering how i would go about this.. i still have one concern though. Did that increase the noise or dampen it? right now mine is just blowing out a 6x9 hole in my top cabinet and id love to duct it up and blow it directly out but still worried about my noise levels...

hmmm think ill do it regardless.. :chin:

K+ on the duct tape job..
K++ to whoever invented duct tape

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
user name, great addition, i simply taped the 6"flex duct on the end but the register box is nice!

iamhigh how loud is too loud? the ducting will add a lil noise that wouldnt be present if it were blowing open but nothing serious. not like all of a sudden you duct taped a freight train on there :p lol

G

my experiences have shown me that when I added ducting...the sound went down... just my experience...

G

So You guys are running this Stanley 24/7 right?
Dopest , an 8 by 24 scrubber is a pretty good size. At that price and cfm's Pushing thru a scrubber is OK with me! This blower pulls from both sides, anyway to attach a duct to the opposite side as well? OK, OK I gotta go look at one myself!

The Dopest

Veteran
cracker yes, my stanley has been 24hrs since jan and prior to that it was on thermostat running about 10-12 per day. the scrubber is a diy from og, its 6"inside 8" outside and 24" long and blows through it no probs real quiet in the attic. i wouldnt personally duct the other side or cover it cause thats the motor vent side and plus i use it to extract heat from top of closet. dual purose.

G

The Dopest said:
cracker yes, my stanley has been 24hrs since jan and prior to that it was on thermostat running about 10-12 per day. the scrubber is a diy from og, its 6"inside 8" outside and 24" long and blows through it no probs real quiet in the attic. i wouldnt personally duct the other side or cover it cause thats the motor vent side and plus i use it to extract heat from top of closet. dual purose.

Thanks! Dopest I have the same scrubber in mind. With the cfm's this blower puts out it could handle a fairly large scrubber. Sounds like this blower has all kinds of potential.

Guest423

Veteran
nice, i was about to go spend $200+ on the new dayton fan that uses 8" ducting...i might have to look into this instead.

G

These blowers work great; I've got two of them going in my scrubber systems.

One is in my big garden and has been running pretty much 24/7 for almost a year now with no problems. I say pretty much because it is plugged into a thermostat that turns the blower off when the temp drops (this one exhausts directly outside). The other blower is running the extractor in my Rubbermaid container gardens and just got turned on recently, but it also runs 24/7.

In both cases, I have ducting on the output but the blower itself is inside of the scrubber box, so I don't need to duct the intake.

The air intake for the blower is only on the one side; the intake on the side that has the electric outlets is just to cool the motor. You don't want to block that.

G

just ordered my Stanley blower, Couldn't find one in any local store. 56.00$ shipped. I'm happy to hear everybody is pleased with this fan. My intent is to useit with a carbon scrubber. I'll be sure to let YA know how it turns out! :wave:

The Dopest

Veteran
here ya go RuralRoute420, i added this starter collar for ease of connecting the flex duct. it was something i had laying around, not necessary but convenient for sure. i taped the "split" end on the fan and the duct to the other end.

gl and be sure to post up when you complete it! :lurk:

RuralRoute420

^

^

very good, will do, got some plans in the works....:) thanks for the pics. looks a little better than stretching ductwork.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
So I was just thinking today, If you were to make something like this, hook up a carbon filter SiS style directly to it somehow, and put a box around it, so it just looked like a box you could set on a table with a chimney (carbon filter) coming off the top, could that be used in a room that is smoked in, and prevent anything in the room from smelling like weed? If you were to just have it sitting on the coffee table or something in a central area around where people smoke, and turn it on when you're smoking and leave it for a little while after, how effective would this be.

I'm asking because smoking inside in the comfort of one's own home is so much easier and more relaxing, but because of the smell/smoke it is a problem.

When smoke goes through a carbon scrubber, does any smoke come out, or does the carbon get rid of it? (Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just a little unsure)

Guest423

Veteran
hey guys whats up? i just got back from menards and they have the stanley blowers for only $39.99, just thought i'd spread the info before you went and spent more then you had to. i'm going to go pick one up in a few days!

The Dopest

Veteran
RuralRoute420, definitely a easiier to manage while standing on the rim of a 5gal bucket. thanks

bounty29 it depends on the size of the room probably. i have this in a about 200' cubed and sit and smoke all day, no smell in the attic with the filter. now if the filter and fan were in the room it may not be quite as effective. carbon does filter out smoke and smell though.

Time2Unite good lookin out, same price as walmart too!

thanks for stopping by folks, post up again when you get one! :wave:

G

I'm expecting delivery of my Stanley on the 15th! I plan to use it to run a scrubber only. I hope it is strong anough to work a good size filter. How big ? I have no idea, LOL! Gotta love the challenge!

I purchased one as well. Hopefully it will bring my temps down in my current grow. I can't wait until I can set it up in my future C24...

Latest posts

Latest posts