What's new

Postman's Grow Show #4 (feat. H3ad Seeds Trainwreck Bx1)

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
YOWZERS (and I rarely use that word)...Looking perfect over there Mr.Post...What a great mix of herbs yer going to have laying around come summer bro...nothing like the thrill of seedruns.

Hopefully you find a keeper Widow mama, she'll be great to make more beans with...I'm sure the thoughts are already bouncing around yer head.
=)

Awesome show so far,
MP

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High Post! They are really looking good! So yo havent topped any at all? Do you ever? I like them fancy square pots you got(some people are really movin up in the world...lol)! Congrats on the new tent! Yeah, more flowering means more bud shots!!!
Peace, bugout
PS, any thoughts on my struggling seedlings? time is critical as they getting worse every day...

Thanks Tbug.. So far so good... Looking back at the pics they have certainly taken off this last week.

Sure I've topped, fimmed, and lst'd in the past. Usually though when I'm growing from seed in a confined space like this I like to keep them natural.. I'd hate to top them all bushing them out, and not have the space for all the females in the end. Plus from seed it helps choosing keepers as you get a better idea for their natural growth structure and yield potential.

Next run when I have my keepers chosen from this seed run I'll probably run fewer plants in the tent, and bush them out a bit by tying down the main steem etc.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
YOWZERS (and I rarely use that word)...Looking perfect over there Mr.Post...What a great mix of herbs yer going to have laying around come summer bro...nothing like the thrill of seedruns.

Hopefully you find a keeper Widow mama, she'll be great to make more beans with...I'm sure the thoughts are already bouncing around yer head.
=)

Awesome show so far,
MP

Go-Go Gadget Hellicopter-Hat:abduct: Yowzers!! LOL you dated yourself with that one bro:smile:

Thanks for stopping MP.. So far things are going well, and ur right it's should make for a nice variety for early summer. I was lucky to at least get a female from every strain I started. Hopefully the widow turns out nice. It would be sweet to get one female from a ten pack, and having it be some stellar smoke. I'm not so sure how close to the original strain Nirvana's widow is, but it's one I've been wanting to try for a while, and so far until now it's all been males. I gotta good batch of females to work with though, and filling the tent this run shouldn't be to difficult... Hehe, I'm thinking of lots of crosses to do in the mean time.

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
Thanks Tbug.. So far so good... Looking back at the pics they have certainly taken off this last week.

Sure I've topped, fimmed, and lst'd in the past. Usually though when I'm growing from seed in a confined space like this I like to keep them natural.. I'd hate to top them all bushing them out, and not have the space for all the females in the end. Plus from seed it helps choosing keepers as you get a better idea for their natural growth structure and yield potential.

Next run when I have my keepers chosen from this seed run I'll probably run fewer plants in the tent, and bush them out a bit by tying down the main steem etc.
High post! Thats good advice, i think ill follow yer lead on that with my seeds. Its aways a dilema for me as to top or not. Mostly because of hieght restrictions more than anything. Another reason is that Id rather have more of equal sized buds than different sized buds a few big and a bunch small. makes drying and curing a bit simpler for me anyway.
Im really getting pissed at my limited space in my veg room. Its not the rooms falt as much as I just want to do so many things at once, I guess...lol.

Im really liking the wrecks. Their structure is pretty cool. they got like 11 leaves on each fan, thats impressive! short thick stalks too, which imo is a nice combo! I was thinking you shoulda kept a male from them white wids. Names like "White Wreck" and "The Whitey Train" come to mind right off hand...lol.
from my experience the males pass on their tric production(from the strain) more than anything. At least w/ the BDL thats what happened. The male dreamgodess came from a strain that was suber tric covered, and the female NLxBig bud was not so much.
(just an observation that I thought you might be interested in...lol)
Peace man, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High post! Thats good advice, i think ill follow yer lead on that with my seeds. Its aways a dilema for me as to top or not. Mostly because of hieght restrictions more than anything. Another reason is that Id rather have more of equal sized buds than different sized buds a few big and a bunch small. makes drying and curing a bit simpler for me anyway.
Im really getting pissed at my limited space in my veg room. Its not the rooms falt as much as I just want to do so many things at once, I guess...lol.

Im really liking the wrecks. Their structure is pretty cool. they got like 11 leaves on each fan, thats impressive! short thick stalks too, which imo is a nice combo! I was thinking you shoulda kept a male from them white wids. Names like "White Wreck" and "The Whitey Train" come to mind right off hand...lol.
from my experience the males pass on their tric production(from the strain) more than anything. At least w/ the BDL thats what happened. The male dreamgodess came from a strain that was suber tric covered, and the female NLxBig bud was not so much.
(just an observation that I thought you might be interested in...lol)
Peace man, bugout

Yeah, in this tight space I'm more concerned with them overgrowing sideways, rather then up into the lights. If they grow up I can always tie down and prune later, but once they are packed in wall to wall you really can't do much with em at that point.

I may have to tie/prune some of the trainwrecks later on anyways as a few of them are a bit taller, and seem more prone to stretching then the other varieties I have going. Most have the classic sativa christmas tree structures so far.They look like very nice plants so far.. They do have solid main stems, but they are branching heavily from the inner nodes which grow more stretchy and vine like. Some of the leaves I'm counting as many as 13-14 single blades per leaf.. For the size of the plants that's about as many blades per leaf as I've seen.

hmm I was thinking of scrapping that ww male, and concentrating on the 3 tw males I have.. I'm certainly going to preserve the tw genetics, so I'm planning on keepin all the tw males, and pollenating the best female of the bunch with all the males from the pack.. You may of convinced me to try a few crosses with that ww male though.. I was going hang on to the female if she smokes good, so maybe it'll be a good idea to hold on to that ww male as well... Thanks for the info tbug.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Well I gained another Trainwreck female today:woohoo: So far I have sexed 4 of the 7 female. I have 1 solid male, and 2 that are still up in the air.

As for the other strains I have 1 female white widow, 2 Wonder Diesel ix X Chemdog bx1 females, and 2 more chemdogbx1 X Chemdogbx1-c99/bb females. In another words my tent is wall to wall full with females LOL.... Luckily though I picked up that tent recently for mothers/vegging, though I'm not sure if I'm going to use it for that purpose just yet... I may hang my 250hps in there with a scrubber and use it to flower out some of the plants from the homemade crosses... So that My Hot Momma Wrecks:wink: can be transplanted to 3gal square containers, vegged for another week, cut for clones, and put to flower.

Here are a couple pics of the 4 female Trainwreck bx1's
From now on this will be trainwreck plant #1
picture.php
picture.php

From now on this will be considered Trainwreck Plant #2.. so far this is the one I have my eye on.. I really like the way she's growing so far. A lil more sturdier then #1 which is also really nice.
picture.php
picture.php

Trainwreck #3
picture.php
picture.php

Trainwreck #4
picture.php
picture.php

I'll get some pics of the other fems as I find the time...

TBug

Veteran
Hell yeah they do abirdintheair... The plants have relatively short internodes along the main stem, but damn do those side branches wanna get out and up towards the light..
High post! Man, they look perfet for the scrog! I bet with a single topping Theyd spread out like my ex...lol!.
Pics and plants look great!
Peace, bugout

Hey Postman! I recently acquired 2 G-13 clones in a new medium I'm not used to.... and looking at your pics it appears it's also coco-coir.... My question to you is, you used to grow with organic soil if I remember correctly? If so, are there any major differences I should be aware of using this new medium? I mean, I have heard people push nutes with coco, do you do so also? What PH do you recommend me using for this medium? Sorry if I'm jacking your thread with this sir! If I am just hit the good old delete button hehe

oregon_guy

Those are looking great Postman!! I am anxious to hear your impression of the WW. I grew one out a couple of grows back and I was not overly excited about it but I also had some heat issues that was probably to blame since everyone else seems to love it. I did love the aroma and taste of it though. Some day I would also like to try out that trainwreck too. I almost ordered some from GH Seeds but I read so many negative posts on GH that I stayed away from them.

I am also glad to see you have your WD crosses going. My current grow is all in the flowering tent now so I think I will start the presoak of the remainder of my WD beans this weekend.

Have fun and be safe.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High post! Man, they look perfet for the scrog! I bet with a single topping Theyd spread out like my ex...lol!.
Pics and plants look great!
Peace, bugout

LOL... Right though Tbug? There is no doubt in my mind that most of these would bush out effortlessly.. Even now they seem short in hieght with nice thick hollow main stems, but those lower branches are all about growing out, and getting up towards the light.

I'll take some pics soon, been sick recently.. But those wonder diesel/chem's are perfect bushes now.. Lower branches right there pretty much even with the tops.

I'll be setting to flowering within the week!. My tent is fucking full!! I ended up with 9 females total.. 4 trainwreck bx1's, 2 wonder diesel ix x chemdogD bx1's, 2 chemdog D bx1 x's, and the 1 white widow, and I set up the small tent to flower out a few of those wonder diesel ix1, and c99 x blueberry plants. So far a few of the c99 x blueberry smell like a sweet honeysuckle-fruit scent when I rub the stems.. which I find very yummy...

Hey tbug have you tried cloning in coco yet? Give it a shot if you haven't. I have roots coming out the bottom of those red beer cups within 7 days. No rooting hormone or anything.. Just a cup of coco, and a cutting... Quite a bit faster then the straight perilite I usually use..

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Those are looking great Postman!! I am anxious to hear your impression of the WW. I grew one out a couple of grows back and I was not overly excited about it but I also had some heat issues that was probably to blame since everyone else seems to love it. I did love the aroma and taste of it though. Some day I would also like to try out that trainwreck too. I almost ordered some from GH Seeds but I read so many negative posts on GH that I stayed away from them.

I am also glad to see you have your WD crosses going. My current grow is all in the flowering tent now so I think I will start the presoak of the remainder of my WD beans this weekend.

Have fun and be safe.

Thanks OG, so far so good. So far the 1 ww I have looks to be a really solid plant.. I'll get some pics soon, but it's the tallest/largest plant I have in the tent now, and I believe it was started later then the others as well. The main stem is fat as hell for the size of the plant. It's begrown vigorously so far with wide/large leaves. It looked indica dominant to start, but now I'm starting to see some changes in the leaf shape, and structure as it's maturing. I have a feeling this one may be a stretcher as well.. So far I don't get much more then the average pungent mj smell when I rub the stems, notbhing really standing out as far as that goes...

Be sure to let me know when you get those seeds started, as I'm curious how they'll turn out for you, and how they vary to the plant you pulled in the last harvest..

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Today I went ahead and took cuttings of everything, so all things are ready for flower, which I'll most likely be starting on Wednesday.

I ramped up the lighting in the tent as well.. I removed one of the racks of cfl's I was using up front in the tent, and replaced it with a 250hps. So I'll be running the 400cmh/hps along with the 250hps, and for now I'll keep a rack of cfl in there as long as temps permit. I figured if I had the lights sitting, and could control the temps, then I mine as well use em. So far so good, the 250 doesn't seem to be producing much more heat then the 6cfl bulbs I had in it's place.

A look at the tent.
picture.php

And now a few of the plants..

Trainwreck bx1 Plant #1
picture.php
picture.php

Trainwreck bx1 Plant #2 (I got my eye on this one.. Loving it's structure so far)
picture.php
picture.php

Trainwreck bx1 plant #3
picture.php

Trainwreck bx1 plant #4
picture.php

My wonder diesel X chemdog d bx1 bushes:smile: Plant #1
picture.php
picture.php

Plant #2
picture.php
picture.php

White Widow... She's looking solid so far..
picture.php
picture.php

I'm missing pics of the chemdogd bx1 crosses.. I'll get them next time:joint:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking amazing Post. Picture perfect. Your tent setup is awesome man, I'm jealous. That thing is going to fill up..and I'm gonna sit back and watch it happen :D How well does that carbon filter work w/ you tent setup? I know you grow some stinky strains over there, any smell leak?

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Looking amazing Post. Picture perfect. Your tent setup is awesome man, I'm jealous. That thing is going to fill up..and I'm gonna sit back and watch it happen :D How well does that carbon filter work w/ you tent setup? I know you grow some stinky strains over there, any smell leak?

Thanks MP.. And to think a few weeks ago I thought this grow was gonna be shit canned... Now here we are getting ready to flower:woohoo: It's sucked I lost a few of those tw seedlings early on, but all in all 4 females to choose a keeper from, and 3 solid males to breed her with isn't to to bad.. I've made do, and been lucky with much less in the past.

The tents are really descent IMO.. Not 100% perfect, but if you can't be putting up walls, and cutting holes in shit they work out really well. I get some slight pinhole light leaks around the zippers, and seams, but so far it doesn't seem to be enough of a leak to hermie plants or anything. If anything the wonder diesel would herm first, and it wasn't a problem in the tent last run. That filter you see is a can33, and I'm running a 6in. ecoplus fan, on a speed control with it. I have the exhaust from that tent exiting the room the tents are in, and I smell nothing in the room it's exhausting into right now. Only towards the very end last run with the wd&chems, when I was drying in the room the tents were in, and flowering at the same time did I catch a light whiff of something good:smile: I think the next size up is like 50-60lbs so I'll prolly be making do with the 33 for a while. For a grow the size of mine the 33 works well enough. Probably 100% for the majority of strains available.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I was thinking up some crazy ideas recently, and I wanna put the idea out here to see if you Genius marijuana farmers could come up with a way of how it could be done.

I'd like to place two hid bulbs in vertically aligned cooltubes, and rotate my plants around the lights in the middle. One bulb down low and another higher up to allow for 4-5ft plants plants of solid bud from the very bottom of the plants to the tops all the way around...

Only problem is, and a big one at that.. I can't seem to come up with a way to spin my plants.. I've thought of pottery wheels, and the toys look to small/cheap, and the good ones are to much $$. I've thought of record players, but finding 6-8 of those in working condition is getting harder by the day LOL.. I'm out simple ideas, and think I may need to delve into homemade rotating mechanisms and more technical shit to go about it, and I'm just not good at shit like that.... IF you have any simple solutions, or believe you have the skill to develop something that could do this, I'd love to hear some ideas??

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Flowering begins today:woohoo:

I prolly have 9 plants in the space where there should be 6, but It's certainly not the first time I dealt with an overgrowth situation:wink:

I'll be pruning the lowers as they stretch over the next couple weeks, and what should be left are the largest producing bud sites on the plants. I dropped in another 250 so I'll be heading into flower with three light sources.. the 400cmh in the middle which covers the whole space, and the two 250hps on either side which will overlap with the 400cmh, and help fill out the buds along the back wall where the 400 doesn't reach as well. I cranked the speed control of the exhaust up, and purchased a couple 6in fans which will be attached to the poles of the tent to help move the air around what I suspect will be a THICK canopy of buds in the coming months.

I could always pull a 250 out, and set-up my other tent to flower a few, but I think I'll be just fine:rasta:

TBug

Veteran
Flowering begins today:woohoo:

I prolly have 9 plants in the space where there should be 6, but It's certainly not the first time I dealt with an overgrowth situation:wink:

I'll be pruning the lowers as they stretch over the next couple weeks, and what should be left are the largest producing bud sites on the plants. I dropped in another 250 so I'll be heading into flower with three light sources.. the 400cmh in the middle which covers the whole space, and the two 250hps on either side which will overlap with the 400cmh, and help fill out the buds along the back wall where the 400 doesn't reach as well. I cranked the speed control of the exhaust up, and purchased a couple 6in fans which will be attached to the poles of the tent to help move the air around what I suspect will be a THICK canopy of buds in the coming months.

I could always pull a 250 out, and set-up my other tent to flower a few, but I think I'll be just fine:rasta:
High post! just keep that alternante plan ready...bro! Im curious to see the streach of these pupies...lol.
They look fabulous up til' now! love the 10-13 fingers w/ the compact growth structure. Very nice! Very healthy too! Still the 6/9? adiing anything else(leme know...k?)
Peace bro, bugout

Hey MP, do you mean spin your plants in place, or spin them around the fixed bulbs? If you meant in place, there are things called "Lazy Susans" i believe that allow you to rotate plants from a fixed spot. I have recently incorporated a couple of these to help spin my larger plants without lifting them too much in the tent that I have (for it is pretty taxing bending over to pick up and rotate 5 gal buckets with plants that were just watered etc..) I'll take some pics if you want me to....

I am running something similar for my set-up, but I have CMH's on each side of a HPS in the middle. I think your plants will enjoy the duel spectrum, I know mine do! The thing I have found interesting is that even though the HPS puts out more lumens, plants that are equa-distant from both lights will orient toward the CMH's....

Anyway, looking good as always, keep it up!