What's new

Postman's Grow Show #4 (feat. H3ad Seeds Trainwreck Bx1)

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
I don't mind ya one bit. Ur a good friendly type of herpe though tbug:smile:. And as with herpes, no matter if I see ya or not, I know ur with me forever bro Lmao..

As for the you flushing the coco every now and then. I personally see no harm in that if nutrients are building up. Coco seems to be the middle ground between hydroponic mediums such as the hydroton/growroc and peat based soil type mixes. You wont get as much buildup as you would in soil, but there is certainly more chance for buildup in coco, then say hydroton. Just make sure you feed them soon after ur flush cause coco seems to flush out VERY easily, and u dont want to leave the plants with no nutrient to feed off of for very long. You could also try giving them a pure ph'd water feeding inbetween ur normal nute feedings. I believe H3ad speaks of this breifly in his head goes coco thread. Not exactly a flush per say, but the pure water feeding will allow the plants to feed off some of whats been building up in the coco with ur daily feedings. Maybe 3 nute feedings, followed by a water feeding etc.

I'll get some pics up shortly tbug.. Sorry I've been slacking with that. I'm just not happy with how these got started, and they arnt exactly looking great yet either. BUT, I guess if I can show off all the times I've been successful over the years, I can show off, and share in some of my failure as well:smile: As long as I can get a female through this tough time, this thread will continue. I'll clone her and have my tent full of tw eventually!! I'm nursing 6 so there is still some hope...

High post! I suppose if at least one person on this planet considers you a "friendly type of herpe" your life was meaningful....lol!(LMAO)

Peace bro...lol, bugout:fsu:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
LOL you crack me up tbug. And yeah, you may be a herpe at times, but ur all right in my book!! And my book is the only book that matters in these parts.

Here are a pics of the seedlings I'm nursing back to health. This first set here are the trainwreck. I got 7 left, the original 5, and 2 I started later after I lost some of the others.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are the 3 of the original 6 wonder diesel x chemdogdbx1 I have remaining
picture.php

2 Chemdogdbx1 x bb/c99
picture.php

2 white widow
picture.php

These are a few wonder diesel ix seeds I recently started to make up for some of what I lost. These I started in the botonicare cocogro, and so far so good.
picture.php

Here was the problem I was dealing with. They'd start out fine, then develop the mid lead yellowing like below
picture.php

From the mid leaf yellowing, it went to shit as the stems softened, and seedling died.
picture.php

picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I'm happy to say some of my seedlings are actually looking happier today:woohoo:

A couple had their leaves at attention, so I believe what I was able to get passed that tough time and established, I'll be able to save and grow out the rest of the way. I'm just going to take it easy with the water and nutes for a lil while longer, but things are starting to look better, and I believe I learned some lessons in starting seedlings off in the coco thats for sure.

I honestly believe pre-soaking the coco and watering in my seedlings the day I planted them was my downfall, or at least starting them in to wet a medium. I think the medium stayed much to moist for to long for my young seedlings, and shit happened. Now that I'm keeping a much more normal wet/dry cycle for them, and some roots are establishing in the cups things are looking much better... My sickies are coming back, and the newer seedlings are off to a much better start so far...

TBug

Veteran
High Post! Thats good news for sure! yeah, I was thinking them big beer cups were really big...lol! When I told you i sprouted my seeds in coco, I was speaking of coco in them starter trays(kinda grow plug size). Guess the smaller size dries out faster, depending on the plant size. Its an interesting ratio to concider, thats for sure.
Peace and cheers...bro, bugout:woohoo:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High Post! Thats good news for sure! yeah, I was thinking them big beer cups were really big...lol! When I told you i sprouted my seeds in coco, I was speaking of coco in them starter trays(kinda grow plug size). Guess the smaller size dries out faster, depending on the plant size. Its an interesting ratio to concider, thats for sure.
Peace and cheers...bro, bugout:woohoo:

Yeah bro live and learn I guess... I pretty much did as I woulda done with my seedlings in soil, and as I've done with my clones in the coco. The clones fill those cups with roots in days. It just didnt work with the seedlings in the coco. I really should of known better, and I guess I weighed to much on the fact of there being more oxygen in the medium with the coco.

Not only that but there is also a difference in texture from the sunleaves, and the cocogro. The cocogro being more like tiny coffee grains with a lil fiber, but much more consistent in overall texture. The sunleaves coir has a much larger percentage that is of a much finer peat like consistency, and it varies in size right on up to the long fibers. When I broke up the block the sunleaves actually separated by particle size, the finer peat like particles clumping together and holding more water. The cocogro broke up easier and did'nt separate. The sunleaves holds water a hell of a lot longer, and I really didnt know the other brand would differ all that much. I always have used the sunleaves before, but always with some perilite in it... This grow I wanted to try what everyone else was doing with the 100% coco. I prolly woulda been better with some perilite in it, and I may of not needed it with the other brand. I prolly woulda been better off in smaller cups, but if the nights were a lil warmer or I ran my lights 24/0 and not 19/5 I may of been fine. I was a victim of circumstance my brotha:smile:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
picture.php

Game On!!

All right!! It looks like this is going to shape up into a grow show after all. I still have 7 Trainwreck bx1's going strong.. Hopefully a few of those 7 will be female. So far they look extremely consistent from one another. They All have nice fat serrated leaves, and growth seems squat and stocky so far. I'm just now starting to get some growth from the inner nodes on the larger plants....
Pic of all 7 trainwreck
picture.php

Here is a pic of the 5 trainwreck that were started earlier
picture.php

Here are the few wonder Diesel ix1 x Chemdog bx1 I was able save from the earlier losses. I'm really looking forward to see what this cross produces, as both strains are awesome imo.
picture.php

These are 2 Nirvana white widow seedlings in the back, and 2 Chemdog bx1 x c99-blueberry/chemdogdbx1 seedlings...
picture.php

Wonder Diesel ix1 seedlings
picture.php

Group shot of all the young plants
picture.php

TBug

Veteran
High post! Those are looking great! Thats quite a line-up. Those Trainwrecks look like they are ready to take off!
Whats with pic loader? I tried to upload a few and it said "file sive to big". Whats the file size? Ive got some bx2 TREES in coco that you'd be proud of...lol.
Nice screen shot too, I love that gremlin...lol!
Peace bro, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High post! Those are looking great! Thats quite a line-up. Those Trainwrecks look like they are ready to take off!
Whats with pic loader? I tried to upload a few and it said "file sive to big". Whats the file size? Ive got some bx2 TREES in coco that you'd be proud of...lol.
Nice screen shot too, I love that gremlin...lol!
Peace bro, bugout

Thanks Bro... Yeah the trainwrecks are finally starting to come along. The roots are establishing nicely in those red cups, and yesterday was the first day I turned on the 400cmh for them.

I was actually scared I wasn't going to get anything started with those early problems I was having, so I decided to germinate a few seeds from the cheaper varieties I have on hand, along with a few homemade beans I made during previous grows. If I get a couple females from each variety it should make for a really interesting run. To be honest I'm just as stoked about growing the tw as I am those homemade wonder diesel ix, and chemdogbx1 varieties I made.

I really want to check out those chems u got growing in the coco... Do you resize ur pictures at all before putting them on icmag, or do you go straight to icmag from the camera? I open my pics from my camera in the photoshop program first. I then resize my pictures for the web before saving to my pc, and eventually loading them onto icmag. If ur taking pics straight from ur camera to icmag the file sizes ur camera uses may be to large for the new software we're using here.

I just noticed ur title under ur avatar LMAO...

Thanks for the idea on pictures Postman, I have been having problems since we have gone to the new software so I havent been able to update my own thread lol!

I'm also glad to hear things are going better for you, hopefully you will be problem free for the rest of the run (one can only hope right?).

The homemade wonder diesel that you made, which williams wonder did you use for it? I just bought one of the last WW seeds off of seedbay from Rez cause he no longer lists them and he said they will be gone after they aren't listed anymore.... I only wonder because I remember the WW from about 10-12 years ago that I got was probably the best smoke I ever tried.....

Anyway, keep it green Postman!

TBug

Veteran
I just noticed ur title under ur avatar LMAO...

High Post! I always try to be good for at least a chuckle....lol.

I used the resize feature on my camera like you suggested. It worked but I like them bigger pics, these are a bit small they way the camera fixes em'. you think just lowering the pixels would work without reducing the demensions?
Anyways the pics up on my thread for your veiwing pleasure...lol.
Peace and thanks, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Thanks for the idea on pictures Postman, I have been having problems since we have gone to the new software so I havent been able to update my own thread lol!

I'm also glad to hear things are going better for you, hopefully you will be problem free for the rest of the run (one can only hope right?).

The homemade wonder diesel that you made, which williams wonder did you use for it? I just bought one of the last WW seeds off of seedbay from Rez cause he no longer lists them and he said they will be gone after they aren't listed anymore.... I only wonder because I remember the WW from about 10-12 years ago that I got was probably the best smoke I ever tried.....

Anyway, keep it green Postman!

No problem Smokes, glad I could help out some with the pictures. The photoshop program if you have it on ur pc is probably the best to use for that, but any picture editing software will work fine for resizing for the web.. Once you play with the photoshop program a bit though, you can figure out how to do all sorts of neat shit on there. In that program I take the larger format pics off my camera, and actually use the program to zoom in on the pic (for trich pics), then I crop the pic, and save it for the web. I actually get better pics using that program in that fashion then I ever could take with my entry level digital camera on macro mode

like these pics here
11783444-1.jpg

11783qqqqq.jpg

The wonder diesel I grow was originally from Rezdog as well. It's a Williams Wonder x Sour Diesel v3 hybrid. What I'm growing now in this thread are the incross seeds I made with my keepers from the original wonder diesel seed run, and another hybrid I made with a keeper I found in a previous wonder diesel incross grow crossed to a c99-Blueberry/chemdogbx1 male. I never got a chance to try Williams Wonder back in the day, or Rez's williams wonder ix1, but I read quite a few good reports on Rez's version. How was the williams wonder back in the day? I'd like to hear what u remember about it, especially flavors/smells of the bud if u recall?

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High Post! I always try to be good for at least a chuckle....lol.

I used the resize feature on my camera like you suggested. It worked but I like them bigger pics, these are a bit small they way the camera fixes em'. you think just lowering the pixels would work without reducing the demensions?
Anyways the pics up on my thread for your veiwing pleasure...lol.
Peace and thanks, bugout

What I meant was resizing the pics in a program like photoshop, or whatever photo editing program that may of come with ur camera or pc?... In a program like that you can take the pics off ur camera full size into the program, and then save them at whatever size you want for use on the web. Lowering the pixels will reduce the dimensions, but if your able to lower the pixels shoot for the first number between 650-850 as that's about where my pics are size wise when I save them for the web...

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Sticky sticky sticky, looks yummy. Mister Postman knows how to grow the best thats for sure I have seen his work here and on a previous website that I no longer visit. Keep up the great work bro.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another case of a GOOD grower prevailing...Hellyeah bro, right back on track as I presumed...Now you got yer hands full, should be fun to watch as usual.

Is that Blueberry C99 Cross yours?

Good to see things going well for you,
MP

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Immortal Do stick around. Grab a chair light a joint, the show is just starting

D Rock Thanks for reassuring those who may think I suck after killing off a few of my seedlings LOL... I had a hiccup with the new medium, and em still dealing with some issues with the new location, but the show must go on.. All I need now is a solid female, and this show will go on till my tent is full of trainwreck. If it's as solid as the hype that surrounds it, and I find me a descent male then I'll run some in cross seeds as well.

Here's to turning shit around D-rock, and a grow show that will surpass all my others:rasta:

Meltingpot Bro I can't thank you enough... I was heading towards the path to enlightenment when you offered up ur tips, and pretty much solidified my findings. I had few issues early on, but i think they all surrounded the over saturated coco. I doubt I'll ever use sunleaves brand again, but If I do I'll be sure to cut it with a lil perilite for my seedlings, and keep a regular wet/dry cycle until they establish some roots. The cocogro looks like a much better choice for a 100% coco grow so far.

I actually got the c99/bb a few years ago from the spice brothers. The strain was called Cinderella Blues. Over the years I dropped a few seeds here and there for varieties sake, and only received two females from the pack... a very c99 dominant plant (had the great overripe tropical pineapple/melon flavor), and more bb looking pheno though it lacked the great flavor, it was more earthy floral then a sweet bb. I made a mistake with the strain lineage above.. these seeds I'm growing out are a chemdogd bx1 cross not a wonder diesel as states.. I bred the c99-bb female to a chemdogdbx1 male, then crossed a male from that c99-bb/chemDbx1 to my chemdogdbx1 keeper female. A closet hack variety which I made specifically for the reasons of filling in spaces like so, and trying new things without the fear of loosing the beans I actually paid for. Plus nothing beats finding the stand out plant from a hodge podge of solid but mixed genetics LOL.. I mean just think of the genetic possibilities of c99-bb-chemd hybrid LOL.

It looks like I'm on the right track now, and heading towards my trainwreck:rasta:

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Mister postman, I know you will prevail from the bad luck you have had. Good vibes sent your way bro. Cant wait to see what you are going to do with these beauties.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yer a cool cat Mr. Post.
You deserve the best with this run, I'm glad I could help.
MeltingPOT

Well postman i am very glad to see you have moved forward with this grow i hope the rest of the grow is problem free

good luck those ladies look like they are takin off now !!