What's new

Postman's Grow Show #4 (feat. H3ad Seeds Trainwreck Bx1)

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
picture.php

Bin on the left from back to front, and left to right:

Wonder D ix X chemd bx1, Wonder D ix X chemd bx1, Wonder D ix X chemd bx1
Trainwreck bx1, Trainwreck bx1, Chem X c99-bb/chem
Trainwreck bx1, Trainwreck bx1, Trainwreck bx1

Bin on right from back to front, and left to right:

Chem X c99-bb/chem, White widow, Trainwreck bx1
Trainwreck bx1, White Widow
wonder diesel ix, wonder diesel ix, wonder diesel ix
wonder diesel ix, wonder diesel ix, wonder diesel ix

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
MMmmm Mentholated whale blubber dipped in lemon juice... Yummy!!! LOL.. Well, not exactly as decribed in the cannbible just yet, but for small vegging Trainwreck bx1 plants they certainly are stinkers.. More of a noticable cat piss-amonia type smell for now. They are taking off though under the 400cmh.. Very strong side branching on these twbx1. If I topped them, they'd be multi top bushes in no time. Though I'm going to hold off on that due to my plant numbers and smaller space.

The wonder diesel ix X Chemdog D bx1 are showing awesome hybrid vigor so far. Strong stems, solid structure, taller then the majority with a bit more indica looks then my wdix momma.. Perfect IMO!!! With a noticeable Diesel stench already in early veg... so far these look extremely promising... Would anyone like to see a few packs of these donated to the icmag/420 fundraiser? Although they all appear to be listing as auctions in that 420/fundraier section, maybe they'd consider listing these seeds at fair b-i-n prices for me... In the end a donation is a donation, so maybe they'd consider the option, and be happy with my donation.

I have a few extra beans of this wonder diesel ix X chemdog bx1 cross... They're being tested now obviously, but with genetics such as these good things are bound to come from them. I also have lots of Purple ppp x wonder diesel seeds which are tested, and I can almost guarentee purple varieties from a seed pack for those interested in colorful buds. I also have a good amount of Wonder diesel ix seeds which I believe wonder diesel to be gone forever now as they were an older Reservior strain, and as rez said "when they're gone they're gone" and by the looks of things they appear to be gone now..

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High post! You know I would like to see em'. I been wantin some those WWxPPP for long time. But hell, I got SOOOooo many of my own damn strains to go through....lol. How bout a swap?
That would be a nice donation for the fundraiser, though.
Nice updates too. You inspired me to pick through my supply of crosses and throw a lil' variety into the coco room...lol
Peace, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High post! You know I would like to see em'. I been wantin some those WWxPPP for long time. But hell, I got SOOOooo many of my own damn strains to go through....lol. How bout a swap?
That would be a nice donation for the fundraiser, though.
Nice updates too. You inspired me to pick through my supply of crosses and throw a lil' variety into the coco room...lol
Peace, bugout

Hell yeah!! I'm glad I inspired the variety this go around tbug. I'm looking forward to see what you got going. As they say variety is the spice of life:rasta: Now that your in pots of coco, and not in the system, hell ya mine as well take advantage of it. Mono-cropped gardens are awesome to look at, easier to run, and are great for yields, but IMO nothing beats finding a special plant in some of the homemade crosses ya make... And that takes popping some seeds.

I was planning for the wreck and a few wonder d/chems if I could fit em in for this run, but shit happened. I was loosing some seedlings and just planted until I got em growing. Now I have quite the variety there LOL don't I..Think Im gonna need a bigger tent:smile:. It's cool though, now I get to sample a few different varieties I wouldn't of had. White widow is a totally new strain for me.. I bought the pack n dropped a few seeds a year back, and ended up with a group of males. I got quite a few new varieties actually.. The wonder diesel x chemd bx1 interests me the most out of those.

As for the seeds I'll just donate by bidding on the auctions, and leave the listings to those I'd wanna buy from, the more experienced breeders.. I think I'll send in a few for freebies though.. I'm sure I could put a couple interesting crosses together with what I got in the tent alone, and some of the others I did in the passed were pretty sweat. The ppp was a heavy yielding purple variety, and I crossed it to a wonder diesel male... I grew out 5 in a thread a while back and ended up with 4 purple 1 green pheno. I have some wonder diesel x (ppp/wonder diesel) as well. which I haven't even grown out myself yet.. Maybe you could be the first to find that wonder diesel tasting heavy yielding purple pheno:woohoo: plus i recently made a c99/bb x c99/bb cross, as well as a c99/bb x chemdogd bx1, and the chemdogd bx1 x c99-bb/chemdogd bx1 I'm growing now. Not a very large amount of each cross, but enough to keep me busy that's for sure:joint:

Yeah speaking of Rez's strains that are almost gone or gone.... The Williams Wonder IX are no longer listed on seedboo, I have been wanting some for a while so I picked some up from Seedbay. I would request your crosses anyday Postman, so please let us know if you send anything in! Did you grow out the Williams wonder a while back or did you start with the Wonder diesel? If you have grown out the WW I would love some tips

I'm also big on variety, I have 12 different strains flowering atm, trying to find those special keepers!!

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Good to have ya tuning in dbfr3sh

smokesalot420 I haven't tried the Williams Wonder ix1, just the Wonder Diesel.. I picked the wd up when the sour diesel ibl went out of stock early last year, and I certainly don't regret my purchase. Fantastic lemon-pinesol pungent cat pissy/diesel smell, and flavor. If it is in fact gone forever as it seems to be then those may be some of what I include in my freebies.. I have a few hundred seeds from two separate keepers, plus a good bit of the wonder diesel ix X chemdogbx1 which I expect to turn out to be a really nice cross.. Thanks for the interest, and I'll keep you posted.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
The plants are really starting to rock and roll now... The larger plants started to look a bit hungry for n, and mag, so I went ahead and started the larger plants in the tent on the full strength 6/9 gh formula +5ml of liquid karma. The Roots of the larger plants are starting to fill the cups, and my water requirements are now pretty much daily, so I'll be transplanting those into 6in. square pots mid week. I'll try and get them sexed in those, and then I'll transplant the females into 3.1gal square maxipots to finish.

Here is an overall look of the tent. I now have the 400cmh on them, as well as a 4bulb rack of cfl for some supplemental lighting.
picture.php

And here are the 7 trainwreck bx1's. They are already giving off a real noticeable scent in veg. I predict some stinkers.. Hehe if you look above at the tent pic you can see a lil scraggler tw I was able to save from death early on. I dont think it's genetically weak, just had rougher start. Who knows maybe that'll be my number 8
picture.php

I'm getting nice bushy growth from most of the tw so far. Only one (pictured last) seems to be a bit different in structure so far. It's possible some of the smaller ones will look like this as well. To early to tell for them
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

roots!!
picture.php

These are the Wonder Diesel ix X ChemdogD bx1's.. I got three solid looking plants.. Two look similar, and one has a slightly different leaf shape and stucture. All look solid though, growing fast, and a lil hungry:rasta: They actually need out of the cups... I'm really curious to see how this hybrid turns out, and what a chemdbx1 male has to offer in the cross. I hope get a couple females, but if not I'll be most likely getting to them sooner rather then later.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nirvana white widow
picture.php

picture.php

Edit: oops almost forgot my 2 ChemdogD bx1 x chemdbx1/c99-bb
picture.php

Only thing not pictured is the wonder diesel ix... Those are quite a bit behind the others. I may choose 3 or 4 of the strongest, and scrap the others. Depending on my m/f ratio the tent may be quite full come flower.

TBug

Veteran
High post! those look wonerful! great uniformity in the wrecks as well. Sorry, cant remember shit anymore...lol, but you have them under cfls up til now or the cmh? very nice compact structure, for sure!
several my seeds have popped already, I got them up under the T5s. Im lil worried bout the temps, they gettin pretty low at night.
Anways they all look pretty happy, especially that white ass rootball...lol, nice updates!
Peace, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High post! those look wonerful! great uniformity in the wrecks as well. Sorry, cant remember shit anymore...lol, but you have them under cfls up til now or the cmh? very nice compact structure, for sure!
several my seeds have popped already, I got them up under the T5s. Im lil worried bout the temps, they gettin pretty low at night.
Anways they all look pretty happy, especially that white ass rootball...lol, nice updates!
Peace, bugout

Thanks a lot tbug.. I actually put them under the 400cmh last week. Before that they were under the two 2ft full cfl rigs I used in my last grow. The 400cmh are about as full a spectrum you can from a grow bulb. They are fantastic for vegging plants, and some sware by them straight through flower as well.... I use the 400cmh right till about weeks 3-4 flower then I swap it out for a 400hps when budding starts picking up. I may try going back to the cmh for the final week or 2 this run, as a few are sayin that doing so may increase resin production

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Everything is moving right along..

I transplanted the largest plants yesterday into 6x6x6 square containers (smaller ones in a few days-needed more coco). The roots on a few of them were really starting to fill the cups, so it was time... I noticed when the roots got tight I started to get some mag deficiency, so hopefully with the transplant and full strength 6/9 + 2ml cal-mag plus feeding regimen they'll be on their way.

I transplanted the bunch into a mix of 3:1 botonicares cocogro/sunleaves coir, and added just enough perilite that someone may look and say "hey, did you add a lil perilite to the mix" LOL. Yeah, so very little... I believe different textures in the medium is good for roots, plus I added the perilite to offset the clumping/saoking nature of the sunleaves coir. I added a lil plant success granular beneficial bac/fungi under the transplanted roots as well.. So away they grow!!:woohoo:

The tent... Now that I'm using more of the tent with the bigger containers I went ahead and dropped in another 4 bulb rack of cfl which I have raised up off the canopy in the pictures so you'll could see the plants. I'm pretty much at my max lighting though in the peak of flower I drop in the horticlux hps, and replace a few of the 23watt daylight 5100-6400 cfls with larger 42watt 2700k cfl
picture.php

Here is a closer pic of the 10 I transplanted. They consist of 5-trainwreck, 3- wonder diesel x chemdogd bx1, and 2- ChemdogDbx1 x Chemdbx1/c-99-Blueberry.
picture.php

The whole lot... Some of those seedlings up front left we wont get to see this run. They are c99/blueberry x c99/blueberry, and I'll be vegging sexing them in another tent as these larger plants begin flowering..
picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I went ahead and transplanted the remaining of the larger plants out of the cups and into 6in square containers. I plan to sex the plants in these containers then transplant the females up to 3g square containers, and flowering them out soon after.

A look at the tent..
picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking awesome bro, really healthy....Should be a tent full of pretty girls, sounds like fun.. =) That a 1000watter or 600?

Keep up the good work brother,
MP

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
MeltingPOT Right now I have a 400cmh, and two racks of cfl like seen in the pic around the outer perimeter.

AugustWest Aaaeyyy brotha west how's it going my friend? These seedlings were started in those red beer cups you see in the pic. Next time I plan to fill em half way to start, as the full cup of coco stayed a bit to wet for the young seedlings this go

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
picture.php

Everything is moving right along. I turned back the lights from 20/4 to 18/6 and within two days I have a few males, and a couple females spotted. All the males except for the trainwreck males will be yanked out and chopped to make room for the vegging females. I'm holding on to the tw males in another location, and eventually they'll be used to pollinate the choice females of the group.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Here are a few of them out of the tent

Nirvana White Widow.. So far it looks like one is a male, and the other female. My only female from the whole ten pack of seeds. The m/f ratio sucked on the pack, but I'm happy I'll at least get something to smoke from the pack.
picture.php

The Chemdog D bx1 x (chemdog D bx1/C99-blueberry). So far as with the widow It looks like I'll have a pair. 1 male and 1 female from these as well. I see nothing of the c99-bb in these plants. They look very chemdogdbx1 dominant so far, with the scent and all.
picture.php

And these are my beautiful Wonder Diesel ix X ChemdogD bx1.. I'm so pleased with how these plants are turning out.. As I said they have the solid structure of the chem d walong with the profuse branching of my wdix momma... The scent so far is leaning towards the diesel with a good bit of pungency to it. I like plants with structures such as these.. No topping, no pruning needed to force them into short stocky bushes. So Far I have 1 sexed male, and another female, with 1 still left to show it's sex.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And last but not least we have the all mighty trainwreck bx1's. So far I believe I have two males, and two confirmed females. These plants have a much more open sativa christmas tree structure. The inner node branches are very long, and stretch out more perpendicular to the main stem rather then at a 45degree angle to the main stem as the wd x chem's are doing.. I know for sure I'll be staking, and tying them up some time down the line as the buds get heavy.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

On another positive note I went ahead and picked up another 4x2x5ft grow tent to be used for vegging, and keeping some of my mother plants. So I'll be back to a perpetual grow sooner then later. I really missed having something in flower at all times, and considering it only cost me $100 I couldn't pass it up. I'll be outfitting the tent with a t5 4ft 4 bulb fixture, as well as a lil 4in fan, and scrubber.

TBug

Veteran
High Post! They are really looking good! So yo havent topped any at all? Do you ever? I like them fancy square pots you got(some people are really movin up in the world...lol)! Congrats on the new tent! Yeah, more flowering means more bud shots!!!
Peace, bugout
PS, any thoughts on my struggling seedlings? time is critical as they getting worse every day...