What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Thai Haze X Skunk #1

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
update

update

I just popped two sets of seeds. more t.haze x skunk and a pack of sharksbreath. All popped no problem. I moved them to a more cosistant lower heat. I am doing outdoor grows with both. I am only using worm castings for spouting and vegging. when I transplant I am staying with worm castings for a 12" X 12" hole filled to the top. I will be doing 17 plants for now. keeping them in veg till the temps are a little warmer. :rasta: DAMN FINDING SPOTS OUTSIDE ON THE WEEKENDS IS FUN!!! :headbange

iona.anjali

Thai Haze X Skunk #1 grow help

Thai Haze X Skunk #1 grow help

greetings fellow gardeners - am new to this forum - have just been reading on Thai Haze X Skunk #1, as we currently have one of these gigantic plants taking over our grow room......... got these seeds as freebies - 2 sprouted out of 6 and one was a girl - was a pretty big shock to find this post and see the pictures of this phenomenal plant (stellar work - congratulations to the grower!!!)

just finished a first round grow with 7 other plants (mostly indica) - took clones from all of them, which were busy rooting in water while the 7 other plants finished flowering... kept watching this skunk grow huge - no buds - waiting waiting - then started researching and was amazed to find the genetic origins of this plant and the history of sam the skunkman - profoundly inspiring and humbling to say the very least!

also found out about the 12 weeks of flowering it needs... all the other plants have been harvested, and the next batch of clones are ready for a week or so in 18 hr light - BUT - the skunk is now over 7 feet tall by almost 4 feet wide, in a big 5 gallon pot of organic soil - just like a perfectly shaped xmas tree - and there is no way she is comin out of the room except for cutting it at harvest - no moving her into a dark spot temporarily... so i have about a week or so overlap where the skunk really wants 12 hrs of light and the clones really want 16-18

anyone know if it would be negative for the skunk to have a week in 16-18 hrs again? this is the only thing i can really think of to do - as there is no alternative location and there are 18 newly transplanted clones raring to go - so i am mostly wondering if 4 extra hrs of light again would have an adverse effect on the skunk, as this has become the most precious plant of the current grow - and she is now 6 weeks into flowering...... we have an agrosun gold universal bulb so there is no bulb difference for veg or flowering - it would just be the extra hours... if it would put too much stress on her i'd just flower the clones earlier than usual - they are all about 6 to 8 inches now and very healthy

we're using GH flora nova veg and bloom as well - am still figuring out the best timing and amount for feeding this large plant - does anyone have any suggestions for how much bloom juice she really needs? so far its been every other watering (with pure well water), at about 1000 ppm - plus every third or fourth watering with organic molasses instead, to supplement... have recently been getting some yellowing leaves on the lower third of the plant so i'm tryin to figure out how to remedy that - otherwise she looks radiantly healthy and is starting to really bud a lot more

any expert thoughts would be much appreciated - am about as excited as can be to have this big beauty growing! cut 4 clones from her - which are the most vibrant, perfectly symmetrical, identical to parent clones i have ever seen - it is a true pleasure to be getting educated by these superior genetics - i am awed and cannot wait to try this magical herb

thanks - iona

V

vod

Flower the clones early. Changing the photoperiod will fuck up the Thunk. I'm sure you don't want to flower her forever.

D

Don Cotyle

farmerlion said:
I THINK YOUR RIGHT MAN. I BOUGHT GEORGE CERAVANTES BOOK THE GROW BIBLE. IN THERE HE SAYS HE'S USED THE JIFFY PLUGS AND THEY WORKED JUST FINE. I DID HAVE THEM ON THE FLOOR UNDER A LIGHT. IT HAS BEEN 25 TO 30 BELOW HERE FOR A WHILE THE FLOOR MIGHT BE TO COLD TO GERMINATE ANYTHING BUT FROSTBITE.

Use a heating pad on the low setting and they be up in no time!

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
Uhmmmm.....I was wondering....

When did OTHS(Thunk) hit the market for the first time..?
Are they for sale of did/do they only go out as freeby's..?
and how many packets went out more or less...??

like ..should we consider ourselves very lucky to have these seeds...??
and why they for free...???

Personally , I loved the smoke...didnt take tooooo long to finish ,
and mine had a sandalwood / incense , spicy aroma

Its naaice...LOL

Tamalero

A vigorous Male

:biggrin:

DSC07172_zpsf9bba23f.jpg

Tamalero

Hi CoMedUsr

Already i have a female Thai Skunk Haze, i hope this girl give some purple colors :woohoo:

i will upload some photos Tomorrow.

:tiphat: