What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Thai Haze X Skunk #1

the Rock

how is the finished smoke> Ive got 3 females one week flowered just sexed 4ft tall, will post some budshots soon as theres buds

Dr Watt

Who What
Doobie Doo, the most impressive plant i've seen on site - passersby should note the thowey-wow-wee hanging above :bandit:

Last edited:
G

Doobie Doo said:
Old School Thai Haze X Skunk #1

Breeder: Sam the Skunkman

Let me first begin with an apology to the breeder. I agreed to do a test grow, got it all started and then had some security issues.... quit posting, changed names....etc. etc. etc.

Overall this has been an easy plant to grow....if you have patience..... I am currently at over 130 days flower and still going.....but she has been easy to please. She doesn't like a lot of light in flower mode.....makes the buds VERY airey, but when backed away from the light she makes tight (big and bountiful) resinous buds.

I recieved twelve beans, three didn't germ and all of the ones who did save one were male.....just the luck of the draw there....

I vegged her with GH flora nova grow @ 600-1200 ppm's under lots of hps lighting and in a homemade bubbler. She vegged for a good two months....I had to move (did I mention security?) so I just drug out the veg cycle forever.

As I said before, 130+ days of flower and she still isn't done. The buds just recently started laying on the crystal in earnest. She's slowly (ever so slowly!!) finishing from the bottom up. Flower food was GH floranova bloom @900-1500 ppm. , no additives. Again, she was under tons of hps, but I had to move it away from the plant and decrease it as she matured.

Here's the pics of the whole plant. I'll try to get some close up on the bud, but I'm not sure my camera will cooperate....technical difficulties abound.

As you can see......yeild is NOT AN ISSUE, hehe. The buds are becoming well coated in trichs and smelling of pine, skunk and berries. She's so damn heavy she's falling all over herself, lol.

Hopefully more pix to come and I can answer any ???'s

Around 5 months of flowering and still not ready, WTF!!!!!!

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let me preface this statement first before i say anything that it's probably just me, but something is not right with that pic. Never in my life have i seen a plant grown inside of that magnitude and weight. I can't imagine the root structure of that plant surviving in that little blue bucket. That is one HUGE plant, as evidenced by the base stem. My other question is was that the only plant under the light? That bitch is heavy from top to bottom.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
nice freebie

nice freebie

I have a pack of those also. I just planted mine two days ago. I am only going to run them through a veg. cycle and then discard them. After seeing this grow I might rethink my plan. I am only testing a new batch of soil. A tub that I have been prepairing for about 6 months. I don't want to use it for a regular grow. I have been prepairing for my super grow. [dj shorts true blue berry and a blue oaxacan.] I have a couple more freebies on the way maybe I can do a nice grow with then. :joint: nice job though!!! lol

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Vash said:
Let me preface this statement first before i say anything that it's probably just me, but something is not right with that pic. Never in my life have i seen a plant grown inside of that magnitude and weight. I can't imagine the root structure of that plant surviving in that little blue bucket. That is one HUGE plant, as evidenced by the base stem. My other question is was that the only plant under the light? That bitch is heavy from top to bottom.

Everythings right in that pic Vash :D OHxSk#1 grows pretty much the same way, if you let it veg for months ten you get huge beasts, soil or hydro doesnt matter they get gigantic anyway...

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
WELL IT WAS FREE

WELL IT WAS FREE

I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU DID'NT PAY FOR. NOT 1 BEEN POPPED. HOPEFULLY BETTER RESULTS WITH THE BEENS THAT COST A BUCK 50 TO MY DOOR. :badday:

ShootinBudz

yeah im thinking that if the herb came out as good as I think it may have, we won't be hearing from that guy for a while still. But only a 600 hps at the end? Wouldnt that compromise the last most crucial stage? You need those lumens blasting till the end maybe not close but keep them going!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
seed poppin

seed poppin

i was reading on mandala's site on germination. they say not to use the jiffy plugs that you saturate in water. that is what i was useing this last time. the time before that i was useing coffee filters in a plastic bag sitting on top of my coffee pot. as i recall the seeds were bag seed and i don't know how old they were. but i have'nt had any luck poppin seeds lately.it would'nt be fair to say it is someones gear that is the problem. until i know it is'nt me.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
SMELLMYFINGER

SMELLMYFINGER

I THINK YOUR RIGHT MAN. I BOUGHT GEORGE CERAVANTES BOOK THE GROW BIBLE. IN THERE HE SAYS HE'S USED THE JIFFY PLUGS AND THEY WORKED JUST FINE. I DID HAVE THEM ON THE FLOOR UNDER A LIGHT. IT HAS BEEN 25 TO 30 BELOW HERE FOR A WHILE THE FLOOR MIGHT BE TO COLD TO GERMINATE ANYTHING BUT FROSTBITE.

What info is available on the lineage of the Thai ? was it used in other crosses, is this the same Thai line used in Sensi's and Flying Dutchmans genetics? Most importantly does the Thai strain breed true is it a pure strain when inbred?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Some people love jiffy pellets and some hate them, whatever you can do to get seeds cracked is good. Check out Oasis, they use these to germinate vegetable crops for greenhouse production. It is foam that once wet will tear and break and seeds will float up generally if you place seeds in and then water them. Once you are ready to transplant them in rockwool, coco or whatever your medium is, you simply cut out the cube and transplant as if it was in a plug cell. Almost idiot proof imo. I don't know the cost, but I think you have to order a case at a time and may not be practical for most, although they are supposed to be great for cuttings. At any rate if you search Oasis growing media, it will pop up.

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

Nice work DoobieDoo!! I grew out some of the THxS#1, excellent strain!!!

They do turn into monsters!!! :muahaha: Unless you have lots of room, you better 12/12 from the git-go and be ready to control height with the streach!!!

Last edited: