What's new

(( LoKey's 1020 tray, 161w cfl micro closet cab ))

LoKey

Lol speak of the devil my included scale batteries just died , good thing i have rechargeable AAA's

and thanks 5fingeredsloth

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Thanks,
The AAA batteries, and included accessories (trays, tweezers, calibration weight) sold me.
I was torn between the 800g unit with 0.1 g resolution or your 300g unit with 0.01 resolution.
I went with the 300g model btw.

5FingrdSloth

it's good threads like these that got me off my ass to build my cab
-yer welcome

LoKey

I was torn between the 800g unit with 0.1 g resolution or your 300g unit with 0.01 resolution.
I went with the 300g model btw.

good choice the 800g model didn't seem logical to me due to its size, as really how often are you gonna be weighing something that's upwards of 300-800g, and needing .1g accuracy, not that often, and i have my other scale for heavier things and tasks it has a 30kg capacity with a 2g accuracy

LoKey

Here's a random update, the cab is doing great and is full as you can see, as well as the diy smart pots are doing an excellent job but if you make some yourself avoid cotton thread for sewing them together as natural fibers will eventually decompose and give way.

As you can see my mother/veg chamber is quite empty, just the 4 mother plants, and a seedling that's not in the pic, but i threw in a sharpie to give you all the idea how small you can easily keep your mothers, the smb mother off on the right, is capable of giving me a good 2-4 cuttings every week if i needed that many which i dont as im only running ten plants in flower, so all i need is 2 clones every 2weeks.
But dont worry about there loneliness they are gonna be joined by some new seedlings shorty as i just started to germinate 7 seeds today (the rest of my Jamil Sayidda, and 3 Mandala #1 x Jamil Sayidda cross i did when i first got the seeds)

As for the flower chamber its kinda random for how old the plants are in it, but roughly i have added 2 every week since the 9th of January, so all the plants are only at max 23 days old, except for the one plant off on the far left its at week 4-5 (didn't mark it down so i have no clue).

I'm still thinking about making a new cabinet, but if i do it probably wont be for a bit, but im gonna go with a design similar to above but only one chamber and it will be 36" tall x 15" x 13", when i do that ill make another thread with a build sheet. On to the pics...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

H

HighBurn8

Great thread Lokey and good job keepin them ladies healthy til harvest.
Bit of advice...try FIMing and/or L.S.T.ing to try and even out that canopy some. Im sure You'd greatly improve your yields if you did so.
What I do is take a bunch of 5 node clones. once they root i top or FIM them. cull the weak. veg the rest for two weeks in beer cups, then xplant into 1/2 gal pots. veg another two week, flip.

the object is to keep those plants low and bushy and uniform, and to also keep those lights down on them so they can penetrate the whole plant. what Im seeing is the light hitting only the tops of your plants when they should/could be hitting the whole thing.
more light penetration = more buds. period
plr, H8

LoKey

Bit of advice...try FIMing and/or L.S.T.ing to try and even out that canopy some. Im sure You'd greatly improve your yields if you did so.

the object is to keep those plants low and bushy and uniform, and to also keep those lights down on them so they can penetrate the whole plant. what Im seeing is the light hitting only the tops of your plants when they should/could be hitting the whole thing.
more light penetration = more buds. period
plr, H8

Pictures dont always show the whole thing

the whole plant does get light, just the top more so than the bottom for the obvious reason of it being closer to the light, as for the even canopy, im not running a one blast show, the plants on the right are 3-4 weeks older than the ones on the left and the ones in the middle are well between them, once week 4 rolls around for the ones on the left the whole canopy will be evened out.

Its a partial perpetual, where on this run i roughly put in two-three clones every week till the cab was full

Also all of them expect my one plant (Labled F) i top and veg a little before flip, and once in flower i lst them if they need to be tied down all to create that even canopy and to keep there height down.

Just wait you might be surprised by what a couple of the plants do ;)

Two of the plants aren't gonna pull to much just due to their genetics but i think im gonna cull the mother after this run as the smoke is average, and the F Girls dont produce as much as say my SMB's (mainstray) but there really Fruity smelling and are worth keeping for that reason and their smoke is good.

But thanks for the advise none the less :tiphat:

btw i have some seedlings just poking there heads out now ;), so we will see what those plants hold

LoKey

just a mid way update, plants are all doing good, apart from an over pruning incident

as you can tell we have a couple different plants doing there thing at different stages (2 -5 weeks old depending on the plant), my SMB (Safari Mix B) clones are basically just crazy as they just do what they want and try to outgrow the lights so all of them are bent, topped, crimped, or tied down in some way.

The F Clones ( F for fruity) they just grow into a single spike and take their leisurely time doing it, but definitely an ideal sog budsicle candidate if only they packed on more flowers at a greater rate.

That leaves my B clones they are more than likely gonna get the boot after this run because they dont pack on new nodes, they just keep the amount they have when they are put into flower and just stretch the stalk between them, producing little nugs on the end of each node, like a lollipop, but they do resin up and get solid in a hurry comparably.

Also just to re-mention the C clones if people were following, i killed and ditched them all as they turned out to be slightly hermi prone in my grow conditions.

For people just joining us the B, C, and F plants are Jamil Sayidda x Mandala #1, or visa versa or f2 of either of them, they were floor seeds from a seed run so they could of came from any number of plants.

The canopy is now decent level as there all pretty well done stretching, and being wrangled with a bit of LST or being bent over.

But im including a pic of the oldest SMB clone, it was topped right before being flowered so it stayed relatively short, and wont yield as much as the other SMB's, but should still be respectable, i know its at least 5 weeks old, + 1-2weeks, never marked it as when it went into flower, all the others are marked though.

But i plan to run this plant to about 20-50% amber trichromes and fully swollen, im doing it to see roughly how much further it can be pushed past my normal 8-9week harvest time and if the resulting smoke is better or worse and if it packs on considerably more weight in those weeks (in the past it just slows right down around week 7-8 but that could of been due to growing conditions)

picture.php

picture.php

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
its cola heaven in there LoKey:dance013:great job as always bro!!
I'm really likng how small you have the mom's...thats a perfect size...for me too..
well done:)
take care

LoKey

its cola heaven in there LoKey:dance013:great job as always bro!!
I'm really likng how small you have the mom's...thats a perfect size...for me too..
well done:)
take care

yeah cant complain with the one mom being at least 6months old and in a 3.5" square pot and able to throw out 4-6 cuttings every 2 weeks, , defintely cant complain at all ;)

thanks for stopping by

LoKey

Props on a great looking cab.

yes sir you got things lookin extra good in that cab yo...

Thanks guys

Sgt Stendenko i saw your mason jar humidity lid mod, and liked it so much i ordered in some hygrometers last night, ones for the regular width caps like you had (i use the small pint straight sided jars) and also ones to hopefully fit the wide mouth jars, as i have a bunch of quart and 1/2gal jars (dont expect to fill them with my cab but you never know)

also took some more pics today

so first we have the veg chamber, doing well like usual, you might notice the glad containers acting as trays, its alot easier to water them all that way, just pour into the tray and your done.

then we have a pic show the mini smart pots, they're 2.5" dia by 4" tall, as you can see the roots of these clones are already busting through the walls, and they have only been in there two days now

Then we have the flower chamber doing its thing, the plants are starting to plump up, you can see the dates they went into flower on the container, except the one on the far right

Heres a pic of the top of one of the F clones, doesnt pack on alot, but sure smells nice (fruity, candy, with a slight coffee undertone)

Finally we have a shot of the oldest B clone, just showing you it to show how it just grows little nugs like lollipops, and doesnt really grow any new nodes once it goes to flower, i thought it was stalling out about a week abo, but now looks like its chugging along again with its second wind, not any prolific growth, but they are doing some minor fox tailing

Ekz_Ray

so do those pl-l's not get hot enough to burn the plants or what, cause they seem close as hades to them and n signs of burn at all...

LoKey

so do those pl-l's not get hot enough to burn the plants or what, cause they seem close as hades to them and n signs of burn at all...

The new cab will have pl-l's and the plants will be able to touch the light no problem due to the design

The current cab though (one in the pics) has 23w cfls, but the plants can get very close without crisping up, typically they have to be within 3/8" to 1/4" to start causing problems, which is only the leaves drying/dieing back due to too high of a temperature.

i just rotate the plants slightly or lightly bend branches when needed to avoid touching the lights.

LoKey

Well i have some of parts (lights and magnetic locks) for the new cab ordered, i should be able to make two bigger boxes, and a shorter flowering box, but im only planing on building one bigger box for now, and after its up and running ill build a second and make any minor tweaks if needed then, I still need a couple things like another fan for the second box, and carbon for the carbon filters (3.5lbs each for a 1.5" carbon bed)

But Here is a pic of what i have planned out, I've changed a couple things since my last design, but this way with the airflow comes into the flower and veg chamber from the sides instead of the center which will allow me to make a 12"x12" waterproof tray that i can keep the plants in for easy watering, so the cab will be 2" wider because of that. As for a quick run down it will be powered by one 55w pl-l (over driven if needed) and with either a 13w-23w cfl in veg depending on how vigorous i want growth to be, and it will be ventilated with a temperature controlled 120mm pc fan, which is good for ultra quite operation during lights off, as the fan ramps the speed down.

Ill be starting a new thread when i start building this thing, and will hopefully take pictures and do a writeup along the way.

Oh and the older SMB and B clones are getting the chop sunday, and they have slowed right down, arent throwing out any more pistils, and are already pretty ripe

picture.php

diamondmine

I like the design! It's similar to mine, maybe that's why. Was thinking about splitting mine in the middle and making two flower chambers.

Latest posts

Latest posts