What's new

First grow with "300w" cfl

chemman14

It gets aerated for at least a couple hours, more with the intention of getting it oxygenated than removing the chlorine. But I'm sure that does remove a lot of the chlorine.

that works for chlorine but not for chloramines. Chloramines are much more stable. (I know this because of my home brewing background)

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
that works for chlorine but not for chloramines. Chloramines are much more stable. (I know this because of my home brewing background)

I'm telling you that it doesn't matter if it doesn't evaporate because there is no chance that 1-2 ppm chloramine is going to sterilize your soil container. Where did you read that? Was it published scientific evidence, or at least some photographic anecdotal evidence? Or some random guys on the internet who offered no proof?

You are going to find out someday(if you keep growing) that most stuff hobby growers pay for is a complete waste of money.

For example:
1. Your bloom boosters weren't even needed because there was already enough P+K in the soil. Adding more didn't help any because the plant can only use so much. In fact, the bloom nutes are what caused your leaves to burn; you paid a bunch of money to burn your plants.

2. Final Phase- This product can be substituted with a freshwater flush... and you will get much better results. Now your buds are going to suffer because you ignore my advice to flush the properly. You paid money to harvest lower quality smoke.

3. Cal-Mag; you could have avoided using this if you had used tap water... actually there was probably enough calcium and magnesium in your soil already as well.

4. The RO water you have been buying is not required. Dont believe me? Whose plants look better? .

I'm sorry to sound like a total prick, but I just dont get why you new growers come on here looking for help, get good advice, and choose to ignore it. (BTW- please let me know if you want me to delete that picture, I didn't stop to think that this was your grow diary, I just wanted to post an example)

chemman14

I'm telling you that it doesn't matter if it doesn't evaporate because there is no chance that 1-2 ppm chloramine is going to sterilize your soil container. Where did you read that? Was it published scientific evidence, or at least some photographic anecdotal evidence? Or some random guys on the internet who offered no proof?

You are going to find out someday(if you keep growing) that most stuff hobby growers pay for is a complete waste of money.

For example:
1. Your bloom boosters weren't even needed because there was already enough P+K in the soil. Adding more didn't help any because the plant can only use so much. In fact, the bloom nutes are what caused your leaves to burn; you paid a bunch of money to burn your plants.

2. Final Phase- This product can be substituted with a freshwater flush... and you will get much better results. Now your buds are going to suffer because you ignore my advice to flush the properly. You paid money to harvest lower quality smoke.

3. Cal-Mag; you could have avoided using this if you had used tap water... actually there was probably enough calcium and magnesium in your soil already as well.

4. The RO water you have been buying is not required. Dont believe me? Whose plants look better? .

I'm sorry to sound like a total prick, but I just dont get why you new growers come on here looking for help, get good advice, and choose to ignore it. (BTW- please let me know if you want me to delete that picture, I didn't stop to think that this was your grow diary, I just wanted to post an example)
I am following your advice man, both plants will be on ph adjusted water for the rest of their life. The reason i said that about chloramines is that in brewing you cannot have ANY. They cause a band-aid taste in the final beer because of some way the yeast interacts with the chlorine molecule. I will probably just use tap water from now on. I was using RO as that is what my friend with a hydro setup has to use. thanks for all the help :D

chemman14

day 63(OG) day 54(mazar):
I gave the mazar a gallon of ph 6.5 water. The burn is not quite as bad on the mazar but it is still present :(
picture.php

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
so some of the leaf stems are red and some are green

This late in the game, that is normal. You dont have to worry about it, I didnt meant to scare you.

The red stem thing is more useful as an early indicator as to weather your plants are healthy/getting what they need. If the red stems had come in veg, you would know your plant isn't getting enough N, P, K, or Mg for some reason.

But since you still have some nice green stems, you can assume your plant is getting enough of those nutrients; your plants are relatively healthy.

A relatively unhealthy plant would have all red stems by this point.

chemman14

This late in the game, that is normal. You dont have to worry about it, I didnt meant to scare you.

The red stem thing is more useful as an early indicator as to weather your plants are healthy/getting what they need. If the red stems had come in veg, you would know your plant isn't getting enough N, P, K, or Mg for some reason.

But since you still have some nice green stems, you can assume your plant is getting enough of those nutrients; your plants are relatively healthy.

A relatively unhealthy plant would have all red stems by this point.
ok cool, should be watering the og sunday with a gallon of final phase and ph down treated water. :jump:

chemman14

day 67(OG) day 58 (mazar):

gave the og a gallon of ph adjusted water with final phase. Allowed it to runoff and then dumped the runoff.
here is a closer look at the og
picture.php

and a closer look at the main Mazar cola, the hairs are finally starting to turn orange :D
picture.php

chemman14

day 70 (OG) day 61 (Mazar):

Gave the mazar a gallon of ph adjusted water with 5 ml of bud candy. I also rotated the mazar a bit.

chemman14

day 77 (OG) day 68 (Mazar):
Today was harvest day for the OG!!!
here are some pre-harvest pictures
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I also gave the Mazar a gallon of ph adjusted water last night before lights out. and here is a picture of how happy she is now that she is all alone.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts