What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BIG GROW! SOG

bernzoo

@stoney

we keep spamming you with questions and here is another heh..

you run a ebb and flow system correct?

i was wondering where you got those kick ass tables from you use for flooding or was it good old fashioned DIY (do it yourself) style?

peace and stay safe

stoney419

bernzoo said:
@stoney

we keep spamming you with questions and here is another heh..

you run a ebb and flow system correct?

i was wondering where you got those kick ass tables from you use for flooding or was it good old fashioned DIY (do it yourself) style?

peace and stay safe
the tables their self are made by botincrare the stands are DIY out of pvc furniture fittings and 1"1/4 pvc pipe

Y

yamaha_1fan

yeah 22x28 aint big. Actually thats wimpy sized......

J/K I just love that shot and how clean it looks. So you used a barn and framed inside of it? May give me options on my next spot.

Bernzoo,tables like that are available from most hydro stores

G

Kudo's

Kudo's

Stoney:

Your layout shows the application of "Good order and Discipline" and can serve as a guide for Beginners that can apply the principles to their own grow needs whether they grow 5 or 500 plants.

Sanitary, well planned and neatly built with attention to detail, Kudo's & Reps 2U.

TyStik :bow: :bow: :bow:

stoney419

yes i just love to build a box i use 2x6s so i can insulate it better r19 insulation then get that thick black plactic it comes in differnt size rolls i go with the 20'x100' roll then i drape it over the wall 10' down each side then for all the inside walls i use 7/16" OSB board aka chip board then paint that with primmer and valspar MOLD PROOF! kitchen and bath enamal paint this stuuf is scrubbable iget it at lowes home improvement store i use the osb because its cheaper and a lot stronger then drywall i can hang stuff any where i just staple the out side

Last edited:

bernzoo

yamaha_1fan said:
Bernzoo,tables like that are available from most hydro stores

unfortunately not where i live :/

they only have these standard ebb and flow tables which suck monkey ass because the sides of the tables are only like 2 inches high :cuss:

i will do it MacGyver style and build me some bad ass tables then.

have a nice week

bernzoo

yamaha_1fan said:
bernzoo, you can build them out of plywood and pond liner

thanks a lot for the pics yam!

i had something similar in mind, will definitly construct something like yours if you don't mind :wave:

have a nice week and stay safe

btw: i dig your grow yamaha

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
mikecar312 said:
from the picture right above, it looks like its 1 70gal res for each 4x8. 2 4x8s would empty the res too quickly i think.

I believe you misunderstood what I said.

The first table would flood, then drain back into the res, then the second table would flood after that. Thus reducing how many res's you would need. Staggering waterings works quite well. I used to use 1 70 gallon res for 2 4x8 tables. I just used two different timers.

stoney419

Mr Celsius said:

The first table would flood, then drain back into the res, then the second table would flood after that. Thus reducing how many res's you would need. Staggering waterings works quite well. I used to use 1 70 gallon res for 2 4x8 tables. I just used two different timers.
My last question is what size reservoir to each 4x8 table do you use? I assume you probably use 1 res for ever 2 4x8 tables and stagger the watering
ya i under stood what you was saying and i use one if the tables were end to end i would use one
side by side i would have to run the fill and drain across the walk way
but you know what they say hind site is 20 20 actully what i would like to do is get the new 100gal res they are bad ass they slope to the front have marks so you can see how much water is left or used i dout i get the 100s any time soon cause i got lids and everything for the 70s unless i talk a buddy of mine into buying them for 1/2 price these big ass tables need a bigger res
anyway was thinking of pushing every two tables togather you know so they would be 8'x8' then one res would work great

Last edited:

stoney419

up date

up date

droped some new beans a pack of pure jack flash has any body got a smoke report on JF & twister and just a few others

Kilbud

Strains

Strains

stoney419 said:
droped some new beans a pack of pure jack flash has any body got a smoke report on JF & twister and just a few others

Hey Stoney,

I just ordered some Mandela Satori seeds.

Top 10 stain of 2007, good for SOG verticle grower, they say needs minimal nutes and just released a very high THC content report. Plus they are very inexpensive compared to other strains.

THC Thread
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=80919

SATORI: Top 10 Strain of the Year 2007
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=73615

What's your thoughts?

Y

yamaha_1fan

I would think those 70 gallon rezes are a bitch on a 4x8 table. My table is only 3 feet longer, yet I use 200 gallons. Never have to top off, everything stays nice and stable. I do see the water level drop but by the time it needs topping, its time to change. Of course I use more nutes for 200 gallons though

Mr Celsius said:

i understood what you meant by staggering, and i think it works well too.

i use 3x3 trays (with 49 pots in each) using 2 trays for every 1 70gal res. i have 3 pumps and 3 timers. one (the mixer pump) circulates the water for 5 mins, the next fills up one tray for 5 mins, then the next one fills the 2nd tray 5 mins after the first tray drains, all on seperate timers, the whole process completes in about 25mins.

i was saying that the res might empty too quickly because he showed a pic of his 70 gal res previously and from my experience, that 1 70 gal res wouldn't support the 250+ plants he puts in the 2 4x8 trays without topping off constantly.

stoney-
i have the same issue with my water pumps giving off bubbles when its too low. i was told that it will shorten the lifespan of the pump. i have spares just in case.

thanks for the ez clone tip. that was a major help.

what are these 100gal res that you're talking about? what brand are they?

stoney,

also, i don't know if you mentioned it. how often do you change out your nutes and top off? and what do you use to empty out the res? i use to use a 300gph pump (the same pump i use to fill the trays), but that took 40mins to fill one res (and i have 6 res). now i use a sump pump 2200gph. fills each res in about 5-6mins. i have something similar to yours, i use 12 3x3 (easier to transport) instead of the long and wide and i would need an econoline van to move, 4x8s that you use. i'm trying to compare ideas, so far you have one up on me with your vegging in ez clone for 30 days idea. brilliant with the different stages of lighting! btw the roots never get tangled in the ez cloners? i have diy bubblers, after a while, the roots are a mess under the cover. props on the setup.

Last edited:

stoney419

hey mikecar312 i'll try to answer a couple of your ???
no the roots don't get tangled with the EZs
i was using AN nutes and changing every week i was using the 3 part but i think the micro is bad don't get me wrong i've been geting great yeilds but the plants just looked like they had the claw all the time but finly gave in and tried triflex a buddy has used it for a couple of years he only changes every 2 weeks he's a lazy f**k but he's plants look good so i am going to give the 2 week thing a try but one thing i can say for this triflex my plant never never looked happier in every stage than they do right now i don't know how that will effect yeild but i don't know how it can't
ok and here is a link to them EZ drain tables
Rezes from botincare
http://www.nationalgardenwholesale....=Tray / Reservoir / Grow Systems&type=product

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
stoney, I don't really think it matters what company of nutrients you use. I believe the only thing that matters are correct NPK & micro ratios. There is something to be said about Ph stability over time with certain companies. I found AN to be horrible about ph fluctuations. GH became my personal favorite because of the lucas ratio and the fact that you never have to change your res. It's extremely ph stable and you just need to top off. If you want to learn more about cannabis nutrient profiles and calculate the ratios in any product you can go here: http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

I'm strictly organic at this point, but I found a product called Sugar Peak. I have yet to confirm how organic it is. Unfortunately I will probably have to change the res out every week.

stoney419 said:
hey mikecar312 i'll try to answer a couple of your anwsers
no the roots don't get tangled with the EZs
i was using AN nutes and changing every week i was using the 3 part but i think the micro is bad don't get me wrong i've been geting great yeilds but the plants just looked like they had the claw all the time but finly gave in and tried triflex a buddy has used it for a couple of years he only changes every 2 weeks he's a lazy f**k but he's plants look good so i am going to give the 2 week thing a try but one thing i can say for this triflex my plant never never looked happier in every stage than they do right now i don't know how that will effect yeild but i don't know how it can't
ok and here is a link to them EZ drain tables from botincare
http://www.nationalgardenwholesale....=Tray / Reservoir / Grow Systems&type=product

i use AN base too. i think you should give the two week thing a try. i use tap water and 3-6ml per gallon of A&B and whatever additives i bought when i got caught up in the AN hype. i don't change the res for 4-6 weeks and never use ph up or down. i'm a lazy boy as well. its been working for me. did you say you put nutes in the ezcloner? have you tried foliar feeding them while they're in there? i found that i can pretty much feed them anything in veg just as long as i'm foliar feeding. i use tap and don't adjust ph either for foliar.

that res looks awesome - tilted with volume marks!? plus narrow and short (my tables are about 3 inches above my res). i'm picking up a few of those. botanicare doesn't have these on their site. topping off everyday must get annoying, i top off once a week with my 2 3x3 and 70 gal res. i think 100gals would be a good look for you.