What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

Almanac said Good fishing tonight.... If I had more than 3 minnows I could have caught a major fish fry of crappie. Tossed out a slip bobber rig and caught 2 micro craps and one damn baby channel cat. I did catch the biggest crappie on said rig. They just didn't like the colors I had....

Sitting on the bank fishing. My crappie on stringer started splashing about. Looked down to see what/why they were. A huge blue cat was trying to eat one. I had to pull up the stringer to get the beast off of them. In all my years fishing I've never seen that before. Turtles, yep seen that but never a huge catfish...

Been wanting to fry up some crappie. So I brought home the 2 slabs to fillet. In the fridge soaking in saltwater...... Lunch tomorrow.

View attachment 18995722
Yummy just wait instead of a Blue wait till a big northern or musky sets its sights on your table fair

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning ☀️ to the old farts …
IMG_2879.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Morning everybody, got a doctor appointment today. Gotta get cleaned up and shampoo my hair.sux not being able to climb into a shower yet.
Good morning and good luck with your doctor's appointment brother! Is the infection gone yet?

I used a stool in my tub to allow me to shower after knee surgery. I cut the end out of a plastic bag to slip over my knee and secured both ends with rubber bands.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
It disturbs me that I do not seem to have that level of goodness.

In the case of the desert road blockage, where thousands of cars were stuck in the blazing heat (with several people who were put into bad health shape because of it)...

I am perfectly capable of walking up to the protesters, and pointing out they are putting many, many totally innocent people's lives in deadly danger, and that they have made their point and now must move out of the way to prevent possible deaths.

And telling them, as I showed my .44 Magnum, that I was not asking, but politely but TOTALLY informing them they were to stop blocking the road. I would pick one (loudest, probably), and tell him/her they will have their head blown apart in five seconds if there is not a positive response.

I will add I am in my 80's and have zero fear for my personal consequences, but they will never see the sundown this day if they do not move before I pull the trigger.

Oh, I may give them a "warning shot" that goes past their nose at about a foot distant. But that is all. I will call that warning shot before I give it, so they can get an idea of what I WILL do.

IMO, they will move. If they did not, I would blow one away. And repeat my demand to the next in line.

Some of us have been in the real world. We see it differently. We know that if you just peel back the "civilized" skin an amazingly little bit, our jungle world becomes very visible and clear. To anyone. The dark jungle is there, believe it.
The problem I have with these protests as well as with most protests is that somewhere along the way what is protected by the first amendment has become seriously perverted. The first amendement was put in place to grant people the freedom of speech but it does not grant them the freedom to conduct that speech anywhere they please. In addition it has been twisted into freedom of expression which was never protected by the constitution. Yet the authorities have become so fearful of being seen as violating peoples rights that they allow all sorts of illegal behavior (rioting, looting, vandalism, etc.) for fear of violating that freedom of expression. Even though there is precedent that freedom of speech does not allow the people exercising in to engage in criminal activity.

Another problem I have with these current examples of freedom of speech is that attempts have been made to negotiate with the protestors to make concessions in line with ther protests and yet the protestors have been rejecting those concessions and instead standing firm on demands that the US is not able to meet such as the removal of Israel from the map. Not all protestors are this way mind you but the ones who are the driving force on both sides are just using these protests as a means to sow division aamong the masses and judging by what I hear most people saying in reaction to the protests they're having much success in sowing that division.

BrassNwood

Veteran
1714568329306.png

Some days I actually do like the internet as it contains some jewels of information that I'd have not been aware of otherwise.

Mars Attacks is a science fiction-themed trading card series released in 1962 by Topps. The cards feature artwork by science fiction artists Wally Wood and Norman Saunders.[2] The cards form a story arc, which tells of the invasion of Earth by cruel, hideous Martians under the command of a corrupt Martian government who conceal the fact from the Martian populace that Mars is doomed to explode and, therefore, proposes colonization of Earth to turn it into their new homeworld. The cards depict futuristic battle scenes and bizarre methods of Martian attack, torture and slaughter of humans, as well as various Earth nations being attacked.

The cards proved popular with children, but depictions of explicit gore and implied sexual content caused an outcry, leading the company to halt production. The cards have since become collectors' items, with certain cards commanding over $3,500 at auction.[4]

In 1996, Warner Bros. released Tim Burton's feature film adaptation Mars Attacks!. In conjunction, two hardcover novels were released: Mars Attacks: Martian Deathtrap by Nathan Archer; and Mars Attacks: War Dogs of the Golden Horde by Ray W. Murrill. Each contained two new trading cards inside the middle of each book (the paperback editions, however, did not have the trading cards inside them).

Readers Digest Condensed version.

Stress testers called yesterday for my pretest instructions. Don't eat after midnight, no caffeine, take my usual meds. Can I do the physical test with walking an inclined accelerating treadmill until I sweat? Nope no can do. Ohh goody a chemical test!

You do know I'm about to undergo surgery and I'd like to survive your little test. I've got the jump pack right here........ 1 hour to go.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning OFC! Lots to do today.
Almanac said Good fishing tonight.... If I had more than 3 minnows I could have caught a major fish fry of crappie. Tossed out a slip bobber rig and caught 2 micro craps and one damn baby channel cat. I did catch the biggest crappie on said rig. They just didn't like the colors I had....
Nice fish Littleleaf! It is that time of year. I am going soon. Another year of fun in the sun.

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Those kids are doing exactly what they have neen taught their entire school careers starting in kindergarten.
Can't act all surprised when you treat people like special snowflakes their whole lifes and then they act like one.
Bring Back Bullying!
The BBB movement for our childrens future!
😆
Double smacking them scraightens them up almost immediately.
👍🏾
First ones not enough they definitely require two.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Those kids are doing exactly what they have neen taught their entire school careers starting in kindergarten.
Can't act all surprised when you treat people like special snowflakes their whole lifes and then they act like one.
Bring Back Bullying!
The BBB movement for our childrens future!
😆
Double smacking them scraightens them up almost immediately.
👍🏾
First ones not enough they definitely require two.

I get that….it only took me getting smashed and n the nose , knocked down , and kicked one time for me to straighten out my cocky attitude

those were the days of manly attitude adjustments and it worked

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I get that….it only took me getting smashed and n the nose , knocked down , and kicked one time for me to straighten out my cocky attitude

those were the days of manly attitude adjustments and it worked
But we don't do that today....catch and release!!! Just look at the results.

you can count,on that Amigo!

and I got an early start…medicine to deal with migraines

View attachment 18995967
Sorry Big. That sucks!