What's new

All About PowerPlant on CocoSlabs with 4x600hps

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sorry guys, missed your posts somehow (toker brain)

sorry guys, missed your posts somehow (toker brain)

Hi again Harry Gypsna

good to see your following along as my ladies try to catch up to the present. i'm glad you have found a grow shop with some good advice, alot of them don't know shit. or they know one methode and answer questions without being specific. but thats another story. if the guy who sold you the drippers told you a certain pump will do it, then it should be so. otherwise there is a pic of the kind of pump i'm talking about on the first page in my secondary green tank. with that pump i could water up to 160 plant sites no problem with those drippers. you don't need so much power for 30 plants, but the problem is those drippers are thinn and require a certain minimum pressure to work.

Hey Bonzo

thanks alot man. i appreciate it, remember to come back soon as its only just starting to get going lol.

peace and good growings to you all:wave:

gaius :friends:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well at this point in the grow i realized i had some kind of mutant growth which was just not doing anything, its been the same since week 2, so i choped it out as its still geting taller and blocking the light lol. i have seen these mutants before with PowerPlant and they are not worth keeping. i left one branch in the canapy so that i can show it at the end it will be realy wierd. check it out.

wierd shit eh?
peace till later, gm

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
later is now, although 2 days have passed since day 29

later is now, although 2 days have passed since day 29

Day 31 of 12/12

now we start to see what coco can do. remember its been only 35 days since these clones were planted in those coco slabs. they got 4 days of veg time and 31 of 12/12 to this day. enjoy....

:joint: :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Day 33 of 12/12

Day 33 of 12/12

well at this point i finaly started relaxing a bit lol. slowly but surely they are showing what they are planing.

i must say i'm more then happy with the way the rhizotonic helped the general health of the pant. this grow i am adding it all the way until week 6 of 12/12. i'm also uesing the cannazym with every tankfill. other then that the coco A+B nutrients are great standalone nutes for coco growing. i love the way there is no smell and my res stays nice and clean most of the way through. unless i have to add solbac for gnat larva to the tank, lol. this stuff is very guky and scumbs up the tank a bit. but by the next fill its gone. that where the cannazym is great keeps things clean of silt and salt acumulation.

hope you enjoy the pics as much as i do,peace out.......gm:wave:

looking good gaius , i love coco , except i use the 4"x4"x4" cubes , i'm thinking of trying the 6" 'ers when it time to restock my supply , it's truely a great medium for hydro organic farmers :D

nice show sofar man.

Peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hello again Farmer John, they are geting there, resin glands are becomeing more developed and neumerous. i love the growth rate in a dialed in hydroponic system. thanks for checking in on me.:wave:

Hey there Organic Hydro, glad your enjoying the show. as far as i'm concerned coco is a perfect medium in this day and age. as it works like hell and also is very enviormentaly friendly. its biodegradeble, aswell as comeing from an anual renewable source. all this combined with the way coco coir works to keep your plants happy is just perfect. this medium is actualy alive, it goes into a kind of symbiotic relationship with the plant. you have 1 nutrient all the way through which gets changed by the medium, its beneficials to provide what the plant needs at that time. there isn't even a veg nute or a flower nute. all you use in this system is canna coco A+B at different stregnths but always mixed 50/50 through out. coco growing seems to break quite a few of the conventional growing rules. but it certainly works, which is what its all about eh?

oops there i go again, sorry about that. lets get some pics up to keep this thing going.

thanks for takeing the time to post

peace........gm

G

i totally agree, growing with canna coco is awesome wether pots or slabs ,so eazy with far better results than most methods ,i love it

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Edit: Hey hazyfontazy, thanks for droping in again m8. it seems like there are already quite a few fellow coco enthusiasts on this site eh? have a good one man, peace...gm :wave:

Day 35 of12/12
they are geting a steady ec 1.8 and the ph is being maintained at around 5.8 to 6.0 temps were a bit cold right at the start of the rooting phase but as soon as they went into the slabs the temps stayed very steady between 20° and 26° to keep those temps with 4x600 watts in that space i have a 1300qm/h exhaust venti hooked onto a 1500qm/h filter, the ventilator is hooked to an ac adapter dimer, this alows me to run it at a third of capacity during the normal grow and still gives me plenty of back up power for the last few weeks and specialy for the triming day. i would never setup another grow without going double capacity at least with the ventilation. i saw too many folks learn this leson the hard way. it was a bit of a pain to hang up the masive filter but well worth the piece of mind it gives. the dimmer makes it near silent which is another pluss. i also use the insolated ducting pluss there is a muffler to keep the noise contained. oops .... here we go pics from day 35 of 12/12:

hope you enjoy peace out.......gm:wave:

G

absolutely beautifull m8 ,,,are those phillips sgr lights i see ? not seen them in a long time

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
LOL, u missed that conversation hazey mate,
Well, things r looking great for u aint they GM.
I can only hope that when I finally attempt my SOG it will look half as good at that stage

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey hazyfontazy, i agree it a beautiful sight. but its still early days yet, still waiting on the trichome train, :biglaugh:

those lamps are known as industria 600, Harry Gypsna also pointed out that they were philips. a fact i didn't know. i got this lamp because my growing mentor has the same ones and swears by them. they are not the cheapest lamps, but they are near silent and overall good quality lamps. they are heavy though, which has to be planed for, the ballest is included in the hanging lamp.

Hey Harry Gypsna

cool that your still keeping upwith things. i'm sure your sog will be just as impresive if you use coco with drippers. i know one can hand water coco, but i believe you don't get near the potential of it without an automated watering system. to get that full active hydro effect, my coco needs minimum 2, better 3, waterings a day. i don't know why but they like it to be reliable. one could never keep it up by hand watering. what kind of a sog are you planing to do? i'll be looking forward to shareing it with you lol, over the screen.

peace and good growings

gaius

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
let the buds grow...

let the buds grow...

Stoned greetings for my fellow man

Welcome to day 37 of 12/12

not much to say, they are doing their thing and will be geting a blast of pk13/14 on day 42 for a few days. for now they are still geting ec 1.8 and ph 5.9 there was a point when my return became very high, so i spent a few hours pumping fresh water through the slabs to get the salt content down again. anyway here you go, hope you like. day 37 of flowering (12/12)

now if that isn't a fast grow, then i don't know what is lol.

peace and good growings to all of you,

gaius :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi lil weed guy,

welcome to my PowerPlant thread. i been a bit buisy latly so no updates. had to get organized for the ic-mag cup.

i got the good news today that my entry has made it. so i'm realy looking forward to arriveing tomorrow. meanwhile i'll keep this thing rolling with another update or two.

Day 39 of 12/12 comeing right up

gaius

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi the protege

thanks for the compliment. i was at the 4/20 until 2 days ago, but now i'll get back to regular updates until i catch up to the present. cheers for looking in m8.

HeyCrazy Composer

to you also thanks. this PowerPlant did grow rather well, i'm very happy with it and the coco makes for easy growing lol.

peace out

gaius

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi GM...Welcome back amn, hope you enjoyed the cup!
Cant wait for new pics man!....Ive had some problems, as in I have had to trash all the clones that were gonna be used on ma Dual flow...I found nanners on the flowering plant, so I aint risking em any more!...So, I took 35 clones of the Towely's treasure, most in Rockwool, but some in go grows.....hopefully ill be having some gong soon enough!...Im thinking about isng the dual as a drip, like Hazey suggested, I could buy abouther tray and use them side by side on the res, with a saw horse holding the other end up...
Anyway, i dont wanna hijack u, so ill be off.
Be lucky mate.....

Latest posts

Latest posts