What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All About PowerPlant on CocoSlabs with 4x600hps

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
how nice to get feedback...many thanks...

how nice to get feedback...many thanks...

Hello again Harry Gypsna

that new mother plant looks nice and healthy, real nice coloring. its always cool when you can use clones of a mother that you already know how she grows. makes things alot easyer eh?

Hi sinoptik

welcome to my coco grow lol. that box uf buds in the first picture is a box of freshly cut buds from 1 person triming 9 hours, to finish the whole cutting took 2 people 2 x9 hours with a break here and there for food and water lol. the box of buds in the picture further on is the whole harvest together but dry and shrunk, not frsh like the first. i managed to get just under 1 gpw.

Yo Rellikbuzz

all though this is only the second time i grew power plant i have had plenty of chances to see this plant in action in different grows. its become a bit of a local work horse, because of its easy going charachteristics.

i'm glad your enjoying the thread, i though it would be kind of fun to see things speeded up. i hope you get the chance to try her out, i'm sure you'd be happy with her.

Hey BigToke

nice to hear your enjoying the show and tell, i think i picked a cool strain for a thread as the powerplant is aptly named lol.

well cheers for looking in on me and my ladies, all compliments will be pased on to the girls, lol. they love geting complimented, hehe. negative coments will not be passed on hehe. the buck stops here eh?

updates in a bit, peace out.

gaius
:joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
as promised, lol

as promised, lol

pics from day 17 of 12/12

not bad for day 17, but you'll see they will realy get going now, as the first 2 weeks were spent just stretching. by this time i'm feeding them an ec of 1.8 as i know they are quite greedy. my ph is kept at around 5.8 to 6.1

peace out

gaius :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
and once again, 2 days have passed...

and once again, 2 days have passed...

we arrive at day 19 of 12/12

what do ya thinks about us (its the girls asking, honest.)LOL:biglaugh:

anyway without any further adoo, let me present the PowerPlant ladies at 19 days of 12/12. as you can see they are only slowly starting to show their buds

i love the next one its a great angle

the next one shows the view through what serves as the door most of the time. this box was made by walling off about 40% of a room. i made the wall out of segments which fit inbetween the posts. i can open any segment i want so i can get to the plants and do what ever lol.

right that was day 19 of 12/12, prety impresive when you remember that i only veged them for 4 days in the coco slabs. sometime i have trouble believeing it myself. these babys actual got a bit biger then i was aiming for, can you believe it? i could have goten away with a 3 day veg period for sure. anyway you'll see what i mean when we get to that part.

peace out
gaius :wave:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
WOW....Looking impressive there mate. Im gonna be putting up some of tat bean netting on my small F&D, which I just might setr up tonight if I have time!
The lights you are using....they look like those Phillips Industria range......are they, or am i totally wrong, lol.
Just going to upload a few pics quick time before I go diwn to see the girls(and boys, but I got a plan 4 them!!
Really nice growshow fella, ...i hope I can pesttr yopu for advice when i get mine going, lol.
I had an idea to maybe imitate those coco bags you have, but with my soil mix, and I have a lot of dripper stuff already! including some proper professional ones!

I have been toying with the idea of a few different ways of doing a dripper set up,...and those coco bags look good, but I aint ready to switch yet, lol, I suppose I could get some ordinary grow bags and emty them and refil with my mix.....
Anyway, I digress, hijacking you once again.....
gonna grab my cam and get uploading quickanyway..
Be lucky mate
Harry :joint: :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey HarryGypsna,

those are exactly the same drippers and spagettis i use. just my spikes are black instead of blue. to be honest i never knew that philips was makeing the industria, but thats what i'm uesing, industria 600's. its a great lamp which can go very close to the plants cause it has open sides which let the heat escape. they are not the cheapest lamps you can get, but thats not what i wanted either. the lamps are a small price if you think about what they bring, so why not buy good quality lamps. it has advantages like they are quite, no vibrations.

glad to see your still checking in once in a while.

peace out
gm

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Damned right about the Industria not being the cheapest....in fact they the most expensive over here, lol. If I was going to go for a commercial set up id be buying those!
The drippers I showed you, did yours come like that already attached to the tubing?? that tubing is only like 2mil or so,mething lie that! Im unsure as to how to attach them to the feed line. When i bought em, the guy sold me a green hole punch and said that i punch the hole, anf it seal istelf.....I cant see that being right...surely i need some kind of nipple or connector??

no sog here, that's what i would call a 'oog'!!

ocean of greeeen!

Way to go gaius :tup:, i'm gonna read all this till the very end!
What a juicy thread!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey HarryGypsna

those are the same drippers i have. you need to get the black ldpe hose and use your blue hole puncher to make a hole. make sure you hold it straight to make a clean hole. just after you pull the hole puncher out you stick one end of the spagetti in the hole. if you make the hole too big it will slide in easy, thats not good. but not a problem pull the dripper line out again and play with the black ldpe hose a bit until the hole shrinks a bit, it will. then again press your spageti in. if you do it right its a perfect fit and holds with no drips. my whole watering setup is done with these. these spagetis are much better then the ones with a valve for each dripper, as they need a much stronger pump. you have been well advised with those drippers as long as he also told you you need a good particle filter so the drippers don't get blocked lol. i can show you my watering setup if you like. i think you can see most of the drippers on the first page but i can show you the filter and pump and how it conects if you wish.

Hi bush@crackhouse

ocean of green is a good one yeah. its a bit fucking small for an ocean lol. but thanks you reminded me of the room i copied this system from lol.

Other News

i sent my entry of 1 oz WW for the 4/20. wow i'm realy nerveus about it geting there. i think i could have done a better job of packing, but i left it to the last minute as usual. so i ended up just double and treble vacume packing it and hopeing for the best. wish me luck that it makes it.

ok back to the PowerPlant ladies, time for the next update i think. just got to load them.

peace and good growings to you all

gaius:wave:

:friends:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
done it and here we go....

done it and here we go....

Day 21 of 12/12

as you will see at this stage they look like some treegrow buds would look after 14 days. this is explained in my eyes by the fact that a big plant can go straight to flowering. but a small plant, will force its self to go on veging until its reached a decent hight. basicly what it means is that things should strat picking up a bit now, the alow bit is always the begining eh?

Day 21 of 12/12, sog,coco,drippers,tables.

peace out

gaius:wave:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
right then.......

right then.......

.....now you have explained about those drippers to me, I am pleased, but I will have to harrass you now for more info, lol.

What size pump do yopu think i would need to run maybe 30 of these drippers??? the filter you are talking about, is that one of those Inline folters I can get among all the other bits and pieces at the growshop?

i have a couple pics of that clone for you.... i just need to load em!

Hi gaius ,
looking good ! , what was your dry weight yield form that last cycle ?
i know what you mean by that 21 days "stall" that the plants do when their switching over to full flower mode , it's always like " i hope nothings gone wrong" :D , while you wait for them to resume their growth and start bulking up :biglaugh: .

looks great sofar , how much longer before we start seeing them make some nice buds ?

talk with ya soon.

Peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi Harry Gypsna

if you want to have a real nice speed of drip then get one of those submersible pumps with a float thingy atached that switches them off if no water is left. they can produce only 1/2 a bar of pressure. but they have a fast flow rate and do a great job. they cost around 60 euros in your local do it yourself yes the filters they sell at the grow shops work, they are not the best, but if you clean the neting inside once in 2 weeks they'll do the job. another great help is a stocking atached to the return pipe, so it collects any medium particles before they go back to the tank. some people also put the whole pump inside a stocking so it can't suck up any particles. if you do it all you will have a superb clean tank at all times.

once you have a good dripper setup you'll never look back to the days of handwatering lol. specialy if you don't waste your time on those small fountain or aquarium pumps. they are a waste of money for a dripper set up with more then 8 or 12 drippers. even then they give ever such a weak drip. which means you are forever worried if they are working properly or not. with a good pump to begin with you'll save yourself loads of hassle.

peace.....gm

Edit: Hey Organic Hydro, nice to see you checking in once in a way. about the last yield i've said it a few times lol, just under a gpw. i managed to get 2290 g from 4x600 watt lamps. it was a WW harvest with two distinct phonos. one of them was the incredibly nute shy sativa pheno, the other was more easy going and made biger buds. the nute shy pheno made small tops but i let it get fully fully ripe so each seedpod was swollen to the max and no one was more suprised then myself when i got more then a good average of 500g per 600watts, which is what i was hopeing for concidering the small tops, but it turned out the rest of the plant had alot more to add then i expected.

later man......gm

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
and the show must go on...

and the show must go on...

Ladies and Gents; Day 23 of 12/12

i would say they are picking up eh? enjoy the pics and i'll get on to day 25 right away lol. want to get to the hopefuly interesting bit lol.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Day 25 of 12/12

this last one is for you HG, its the inside of my particle filter, you could even use it to grow with sand its so thorow. that was after doing the solbac treatment which makes the water murky. but at least it gets rid of those pesky gnat larva.

peace out
gm

Actually gaius you NEVER mentioned it , that's why i asked , go back and reread your thread , it's not in any of your other posts :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sorry m8 i thought i'd said qiete a few times that i got just under a gpw. but never mind i'll reread it just to see if i was imagening it. :biglaugh:

peace
gm

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
cheers for the info mate....

cheers for the info mate....

.....im gonna get some ideas on paper and have a look around for pumps....
I wondered if the big Sicce pump would be any good the Idra.....or a maxijet 1000? Of course i could get a little giant, Im sure ill find something! the chap at the good growshop usually stereers me right, even tells me if im thinking of buying something i dont need, he'll explain it, and really help.
interesting bit, im already interested, and im sure I aint the only one, theyre looking great there, its a real beautiful sight, all those young baby buds growing tiogether, its a wonder to behold.

dont worktoo hard, lol
Harry :joint: :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
and once again 2 days further on in the story...

and once again 2 days further on in the story...

Edit: Hi FarmerJohn, thanks for droping by. i'm glad you'r enjoying the show. all i can say is that i've been pleseantly suprised by these girls right through the grow, more so as time passes lol. hope to hear from you again soon. peace.....gm

Day 29 of 12/12

as you can see they have some real potential, its just a mater of keeping them happy while they do their thing. at this point i thought i had finaly eradicated those bastard gnat larva. as there was not one adult left flying let alone larva in the slabs. but alas as i've just found out, they had only retreated to regroup for another asault on my bloom box, bastards! mind you they stayed away for nearly a month. anyway enjoy the pics, as i said at thip point i thought i had won lol.

anybody interested in anything in particular concerning this coco slab setup don't hesitate to ask.

peace and good growings:wave:

gaius :joint: