What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10k Watts, 3 Gallon Pots, 90 Sweet Pink Grapefruit, Brainwreck And Urkulan

rooted

sick krunch, thanks for posting your gardens brother, tons of great info

that 50 lighter gave me a great boner :yoinks::D with so much air volume i'm guessing there's no co2 in there? or is there a massive co2-gen i'm not seeing?

:joint:

Seed Buyer

Mr Krunchbubble....how wide is your pond liner? I get the 10' panda plastic but most rooms are larger than 10 feet so I have to cover half the room, cut more and cover the other half. Water always finds its ways onto the floor below through those overlapping sections of panda plastic I have been looking for a product to cover an entire bedroom floor w/ out having to overlap.

“Why is there blue shit on your face Cleg? What, did you just blow Robocop?”...Kenny Powers

Krunch...let me just start off by saying I absolutely love your style man. The vertical room, the 10k room with the 3d from subcool, now this. I'm actually about to run a grow extremely similar to yours...I'll be using 2 gallon grow bags filled with 100% canna coco, feeding h&g base but going to be using bloombastic instead of the h&g boosts. I'll be handwatering the bags on the ground. I was pretty convinced that I wanted to water to run off, but the more I look at your threads the more it makes me think of (a) the convenience of not having to set up a drain system for grow bags and (b) it really does look like the coco likes being moist and not drenched. Although I'll be doing it on a smaller scale (just running ~2600kw for my flower room and around 30-40 plants in 2 gallon bags) I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the inspiration, your grow really convinces me that I'm on the right track with my plans.

Just a side question...how did the nugs of that 3rd dimension come out? I've been looking into getting some of SubCool's genetics because all of the plants I've seen run from his gear just look like beautiful bushes that generate tons of tops and frosty nugs. Anyways, I'm in the Santa Cruz area and wanted to say big ups to a local...peace and good growing my friend.

cocoking

Krunch,

Does the drip clean you have wrote about in your previous posts work the same in pro mix as it does in coco? Thanks for all the great reading and information too.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
cyberwax - 12-15 lb's respectively

Abja Roots - thx bro! :joint:

rooted - no co2 on that one

Kryp Keeper and delta9nxs - welcome! :joint:

Seed Buyer - i think my pond liner is 12' by 15'. they come in 20' by 100' ft rolls. it sells by the ft at aquarium supply store. i paid 70 cents a sq. ft. after destroyed several floors, i decided to not use panda plastic and tarp anymore. pond liner is a sure way to not ruin floors.

MrBananaSlug - sounds like your room will be banging for sure! the 3d nugs were damn near perfection. i think there some pics on the 3d thread. super, super tasty, with candy smell, insides turn a little purple, beautiful strain.

cocoking - im positive it work work perfectly. ive used drip clean in several different mediums including soil. no more flushing!!!

cool..thanks for the response. have you grown out any other subcool strains? also, was wondering if you ever do run off...how do you handle that on your pond liner, do you just wipe up the floor or do you have some kind of 'saftey drain' technique. I assume that you have it on such point now that you don't ever water more than you want, but figured I'd ask since I'm probably going to be handwatering on the ground as you do.

krunchbubble

Veteran
i grew out jack the ripper crossed with mangobubblegum, strain was called mack the knife by the kush brothers. averaged 330 grams a plant, but it liked to herm.
i try not to have any runoff, plants seems to like it better. i use drip clean, so no worry about salt buildup. whatever water is on the ground, the pond liner will hold no problem. the heat of the room dries it up quickly. i will never go without pond liner again!

G

guest5703

dude this is intense. Cant wait to see the finish! looks like a ton of work you've put into it, great job man! I'll just be hanging out here if you don't mind ;)

P

PkRipper

Nice setup, How is the odor outside your spot, you mentioned nieghbors , Does that stuff stink up the nieghborhood?

mr cheese

any up date pics yet mate? hey you knw how you dont have any run off? how do you stop the salt build up? do you use plain water every other feed or sumink? i would of fort the ec would climb like crazy with no run off? you got me well intrigued! lol just about to pot up into cana coco now and mite give ur method a try, can you go into bit more detail on ur feeding regiem please mate, all best mrc

blessed

you get out what you put in. i love the fact that you're hand watering. i do the same myself.
people often tell me i'm crazy and that i should automate. but in the end, i've found that the day to day contact
with the ladies ensures a much healthier crop in the end.
props on all the work.

Oregonic

you get out what you put in. i love the fact that you're hand watering. i do the same myself.
people often tell me i'm crazy and that i should automate. but in the end, i've found that the day to day contact
with the ladies ensures a much healthier crop in the end.
props on all the work.

i used to feel the same way... like the task of handwatering everyday was somehow noble lol. then i set up a drip system and realized how much both me and the ladies love it. its not like when you have a drip system that you can't still go in there every day and check on them... but i can tell you that in my own experience plants being fed 3x a day on a drip are happier, grow more vigorously, and yield more than the same plants being handwatered once a day...

KrunchBubble,

I really have to say I agree with the no run off strategy. I was short a few containers and used some of the wife's food storage buckets which I couldn't drill.

I absolutely saw no difference between those that had runoff and were flushed with the ones that weren't. I was really suprised. 3 gallon in BM1-pretty much the same as pro-mix. I will check out the drip clean you mentioned to another poster.

Again thanks for the wealth of info! We all appreciate it.:woohoo:

krunchbubble

Veteran
PkRipper - i have no odor outside my house. come on man, carbon filter, have you heard of one?

mr cheese - picture updates later today! i use drip clean, it creates an ionic bond with the salts in your nutrient to make it impossible to lock up. wonderful product, dont know why more people are not trying it, its cheap and you use very little.

blessed - hand watering works for this spot, drippers are not an option when there is next to no room to even walk in there!

Oregonic - i totally agree

theroadwarrior - no problem bro, check out that drip clean!

the Rock

i hear what your saying about purple pot,have you grown out the GDP ever it seems to be all over the bay, I just got a bunch of gdp clone and am curious. Been away from this site awhile now i wish i hadnt= I like what you got going /Urkulan?!?!=hows that work out>?

krunchbubble

Veteran
the Rock - purple is just over hyped colored weed, nothing special at all. notice how most pf the most elite bud in the world in not purple? ive grown the shit out of purple, i currently grow urkulan, magic merlin and purplebubblegum. if you went to the third floor from '03-06, most likely you had some of my gdp.

little update, think i hit week 5 this week, everything is fattening up real nice. brainwreck is turning purple, looking like its going to finish first, already calxing up.

-brainwreck-

-urkulan-