What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

godisadj's Dual PC Stealth Grow!

waydee

I had something similar with the leaves on a couple of my plants, did look very like caterpillar damage or something but couldn't find any trace of bugs and it never happened again so I reckon it was just a screwy leaf.

Grow on :p

JlMH4LPERT

Things look good godisadj, now worries sometimes the cerated tips of my
leaves get stuck on my screen but keeps growing eventually resulting in the
same catepillar bite you are describing

godisadj

Just a quick picture update!

It's day 23 of 12/12, and plants D and E are doing well! Temps have now been reduced to between 78-84F, I guess due to the cooler ambient temps at this time of year.

The runt (Plant C) is still in the other box, but hasn't really changed much at all, so no pics of that for now.

So realistically, it's one of these two I'm hoping are female!

D + E

Plant D

Plant E

Both under screen

I had a small accident when I was messing about with the screen - the fan fell over and chopped off a leaf! :spank:

No worries tho! :D

I've got a question about ferts at this point: I fed with 1/2 the recommended amount of MG All Purpose just over a week ago (whilest the plants were still in their small pots). When transplanting, the new soil no doubt contains some residual ferts, so my question is should I feed again in a weeks time as per the fert instructions, or should I delay a bit more since fresh ferts are already within the new soil?

I don't wanna overdo it! :D

Last edited:

godisadj

Alrite lads! Day 36 of 12/12 from seed and I've just been playing the waiting game, waiting on my plants to show sex. I think they're almost there, so here's some pics! I'm unsure if they're developed enough to be sure of sex yet, but perhaps some of you more experienced guys will be able to tell!

Plant D

Plant E

Random Pics!

Hopefully they're not both male!! :bashhead:

Cheers!

Very nice! I've grown micro with cfls before, starting with 26w 6500k, moving up slowly into the warm spectrum. Home DePot has some 43w warm. Or they used to.

Will you be trimming them as well as running them through the screen? I've done very micro lst and scrog and i find topping always helps to prevent any branches from dominating and overgrowing areas of the screen.

Also, you'll encourage more cloneable sprouts for when the time comes.

Your plants look extremely healthy dude. props to you. If i were you, i'd invest in a 6500k light, usually they come in 23 or 26w, it'll cut back on the stretching, and you're going to want that to maximize the density of your screen. The difference between seedlings grown with warm and cool spectrum lights is actually pretty dramatic.

godisadj

funk_buddha, thanks for the comments! Today I've actually just swapped out my cool 6500k bulbs with my two 30W warm 2700k's. I FIM'd both plants a few weeks ago, but they could have taken a lot more - as this is my first time I was a bit too scared to go chopping too much off! On my next grow I'll probably FIM at every 2nd node or so, now that I'm a bit more confident!

So today is 40days above ground, and both plants are showing pistils! :rasta:

Some pics:

Plant D:

Plant E:

Both of 'em:

A few days ago I took 2 cuttings from each plant to try to establish a mother. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding rooting hormone - I've tried Focus DIY and Wickes, but no joy. I'm still looking around, but for now I've just got to try it the natural way! My clone setup is pretty ghetto, so don't laugh! :pointlaug The clones are now living in my mother section. The runt that was in there has been killed off since it was nowhere near the same level of development as my two strong plants.

I'll give them a week or so to see how they do...if none of them take, then I can always remove one of my flowering females, throw it back into veg and use that as a mother. This grow I'm not too concerned with yield, just to establish a good mother and get some good experience for my next grow!

I'm due to feed again in a few days, so now that I'm in flowering (we'll call this day 1!) I plan to switch to fish, blood and bone meal (5-5-6) for nutes. It's in powder form and the instructions recommend spreading some over the surface of the soil, then watering. What's your take on this? Will this do?

Cheers!

Last edited:

waydee

Hey man looking good, just a headsup for rooting hormone if you don't want to visit a hydro shop and get a bottle of clonex, homebase sell bayer strike rooting powder - little yellow container with a green top, will be near all the plant pots and propagators etc.

I prefer clonex because its a gel and is obviously... unoffically designed for cannabis :) but im sure strike will work well too, slightly different ingredient but looking at the tub ive got here i think it'll be just fine for cannabis.

Last edited:

godisadj

Ahah, homebase was next on my list of places to visit, it's good to know they stock some hormone! I'll drop by within the next day or so, thanks for the info man.

Teddybud, I'm in the UK. :)

Cheers!

Yeah rooting hormone is never hard to find, normally you've got the choice of gel or powder at any store you go to. You're definitely going to want to pick some up, it makes things 10x faster, no need to take more clones, just dip the ones you've got once you get the hormone.

If there's a hydro store nearby, ask them if they have any free samples, i recently got a free bottle of "GRO ROOT XTRA" at mine [must be new, its new to me], its a solution you dilute in regular water. Looks like this little bottle is a lifetime supply actually.

Judging by your handiwork so far, it doesn't look like you're going to have any troubles.

Congrats on the girls man, take care of em.

Here are some pictures of my most micro moments. The plants I was working with were way sativa dominant, so the buds were pretty skinny and fluffy, but surprisingly chronic. I dont have any pictures closer to harvest, but they did swell lots.

An unhealthy lowryder #1 mum, she took a rediculous amount of punishment.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
if you want rooting hormone in the uk, try wilkinsons, seen it in there for like 80p. i dont have any tho, mine seemed to root fine if u stick em in wet soil with a bottle on :D

godisadj

funk, thats some serious micro action! Nice pics!

smokey, nice to hear the natural way works! At least theres a bit of hope for my clones if I can't find any hormone! I'll try to pick some up either tomorrow or wed.

I fed my plants yesterday with some fish blood and bone meal, doing it as the instructions suggest by sprinkling some on the soil then watering. It was a bit awkward applying it evenly though - is it possible just to make a FBB meal solution and water directly? Would be a lot easier but I dunno if this is an efficient way of doing it?

Might give it a shot when I'm due to feed again in two weeks!

EDIT: I managed to find some rooting powder in a small local garden center. "Doff Hormone Rooting Powder", the girl in the shop said only to dip in the very end of the stem, but the instructions on the tub say 1". I just dipped the tips as per the girl's advice. 'Mon the roots! :smoke:

Last edited:

godisadj

Just callin out for a wee bit of advice - I was a bit over zealous in training some shoots through my screen and I snapped one off by mistake. It's a side shoot with 3 nodes, the stem where it snapped is about 5mm thick. It's hanging on by a thread, I've just kinda stuck it back together...will it heal? Or should I just top or something at the next node down?

Ah...the joys! :)

EDIT: I've had a read about and I think it should heal - I've kinda splinted it with a split straw for support so hopefully it should be fine. :redface:

Last edited:
Yeah, as long as there's enough conductive tissue for water weed has a rediculous ability to heal.

This summer i had a male outside in a mound with some females, instead of ripping it up and disturbing the roots of the others i decided i'd just totally **** it up... that thing was BARELY hanging by a thread, laying right on the ground. I come back a month and a bit later, the mother****er is still laying on the ground, but he's got about a foot solid of just flowers pointing up out of the grass. I thought it WAS grass at first i touch it and a cloud of pollen floats away. Easily lost a couple pounds, but hey... if i ever meet anybody who needs 10 000 seeds i've got them covered.

In conclusion, haha, it should heal, and if its not going to it'll be obvious pretty quick. Just keep it supported, she'll pull through.

K

kidkannabis

Your plants look awesome godisadj.Keep up the good work and keep those pics coming!!

godisadj

cheers funk the shoot's fine now - all healed up!

kid, cheers man!

Ok, it's day 47 from seed and roughly day 8 of flowering. Some pics!

It's starting to look like a jungle in my PC case! Headroom might be an issue but I'm not too worried - due to the way my bulbs are arranged in a kind of offset manner there's more space than there looks in there!

I took my clones 8 days ago and one is showing small roots roughly 5mm in length. I'll give it another day and transplant to soil tomorrow.

No disasters as of yet! :jump:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Nice work...

Glad to see another wick cloning convert!
I'll be keeping a lookout for new posts, GiaDJ...

Latest posts

Latest posts