What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

godisadj's Dual PC Stealth Grow!

godisadj

panop - good to have ya aboard mate!

funk - cheers for the interest man! Things are going grand, I'm starting to see my first trichomes and everything is looking healthy. Can't upload any pics at the moment, icmag's givin me problems but I'll keep trying! :joint:

Watch this space!! :rasta:

godisadj

Hi! I managed to get some photos uploaded that I took yesterday - day 17 of flower. According to Nirvana's product information these NL's like to flower for about 6 weeks, so that makes harvest date roughly 24th Decemeber. I know that this is merely a guideline, so it may be past new year when I harvest - I'll just wait and see! Although I would like some smoke for NY! I guess I can always do a small partial harvest.. :rasta:

Everything is looking good! My clones all made it and have sucessfully rooted in soil. I fed 'em some weak nutes yesterday to give their depleted N levels a little boost. They're doing well, so cheers for the advice lads!

Any ideas on how long I should wait before transplanting a single chosen clone to grow into a mother? They've been rooted in soil for a week now..

I would love keep two mothers in there - my current NL and a future different strain but I think space is a bit on the tight side! Unless I go for a narrow, deep container for each, such as a juice bottle? Hmm! :chin:

godisadj

Ok, I've just done the math and I think two mothers in that space is not a huge problem - provided I can find containers of the right dimensions.

My current big pots have a volume of ~2155 cubic cm; the available area I have in my mother room is ~18x20cm, that's 18x10 per pot for 2 pots. If I can find containers of roughly this size and cut 'em to a height of around 12cm, I'll have two pots of the same volume as my big pots, with a headroom from soil to bulb of ~21cm of available grow height. Nice! Plenty of room for 2 mothers methinks! :headbange

I'll need to get looking!

Last edited:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
if you wanted to you could put 4 moms in there no problem. your moms dont need root space like a plant vegging up to get large. there will be more time then not where your not using those mothers at all and a small container will be the perfect thing to keep them from going out of control and taking over your grow box. with your moms, get used to feeding them JUST enough, then a couple weeks before your going to take alot of clone's give them a fat dose of somthing high in N.

i would still suggest containers a tiny bit larger notice your box is well shaped like a box. so look for 4 square pots that will fill that space perfectly. just do lots of topping. keep in mind, it doesnt matter how little the clone is when you take it, as long as it has a growth tip and a stem it can root. nice setup man, best of luck to you.

godisadj

pothead, mr scrog, killuminatti - cheers!

sm0kateer - Wow, that's great news! I've since found that the rectangular footprint of the 6 pint plastic milk bottles I use is a perfect 19x9.5 square cm. I can cut these roughly at a height of 12cm for 2166 cubic cm volume, and if I use say a cardboard divider I can split two of those bottles into 4 "pots" of 1083 cubic cm. The small pots where the clones are currently living have a volume of ~402cm^3, so the future mothers will have more than double the root space they currently have!

Even if I only keep two mothers which will take up half my space I can use the remaining space to root cuttings a week before I chop my main harvest, saving me a bit of time on my next grow! :D

Cheers for the advice buddy!

Looking healthy! Congrats on the trichs.

You can easily keep a mother in stasis in a pot of about 1L in size, she'll need some trimming and close attention at first though. Since you're only going to need a couple clones at a time you can keep them all pretty ratty and stunted, it only takes a couple weeks for them to rebound to clonable size. My only suggestion is possibly use plastic for your dividor.

One thing that really helps with the rebound is a bit of root trimming and root stimulant, nothing major just some kind of "root booster" type product. The stimulant really isn't necessary, but it sure is an awesome stress reliever. One week and they've totally forgotten how much you've been ****ing with them.

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
heh, i wasnt thinking about your unrooted cutting's needing space too. how about this..... use two mom's take the cutting's you will need eventually while your current flowering plant is at 5 week's. this will give you time to root them and veg them up drastically reducing the time it takes to harvest. its like your already vegging up your plants for the flower box before the current lady is done flowering. i hope that made sense.... good luck.

godisadj

funk - Cheers for the info! I'll look into getting some root stimulant!

sm0kateer - Hah, yeah man I'm using these two cases for every single part of my grow, from germination/clone to drying. Your idea is exactly what I was thinking, it'll make more efficient use of time by getting some clones rooted before I chop my main grow! :yes:

I'll try to get some more pics up within the next week or so..

Thanks for dropping by!

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Great lookin grow

Go dj thats my dj, go dj thats my dj lol

godisadj

Thanks smoke1sun!

Just another little update, day 23 of flower and the girls are starting to fill out a bit more!

I've transplanted two clones into the milk bottle container I cut up, they seem to be happy!

I'll keep the 3rd one alive for a while just incase anything happens to the two in the bigger carton. All of the clones have been FIM'd a few days ago.

On a few leaves on my two flowering plants I'm seeing this:

Brown spots? I've had a look around and I've seen Mg deficiencies looking similar to this. Have I diagnosed correctly? If so, what kind of shops sell Epsom salts?

Last edited:

godisadj

Cheers pothead it deffinately looks like the Ca defficiency from the pics in that thread. Strange thing is the leaves never showed the "early signs" of the browing serrated edges! Hmm! I better get me some lime!! :bashhead:

Looks to be Ca to me. Possibly early Mg.

Maybe for the next run you could invest in some nice dirt. It's wayyy worth it for micro grows, you only use it a few cups at a time and the difference is obvious in the plants. Really, deficiencies should be rare but they're not. The pros settle all of that stuff before the beans even pop. That'll be the kind of thing you'll dial in eventually.

godisadj

Cheers funk!

Alright, well I'm starting to have some odour issues! :spank:

I don't think my carbon scrubber is quite cutting it. Either that or I've got some leakage problems. I'm shoring up any obvious gaps, but can't do too much as I can't really disturb my plants. I changed out the carbon in my filter a few days ago but I'm not noticing a change in odour levels.

It's day 26 of flowering, can I expect the odour to get much worse? It's just managable at the moment but it's lost the stealth edge a bit!

Can anyone suggest anything I can do? :bashhead:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
its just going to get funkier and funkier. it could be blow back on the fan's for example when what ever the fan is blowing through is to thick it just sends the air right back into the box. put you hand over your exaust fan and feel for a noticable wind (where it should be sucking air)

godisadj

I'm noticing an airflow comming out of my exhaust, and also an airflow going in through my passive intake, so I think I at least have negative pressure. There was quite an obvious gap along one edge in my mother box which happened to be right next to my partition fan. I've just sealed this up, so the room stinks of caulk now, heh!! I'll see how this fix has affected the flowering odour in a few hours probably.

Actually, I've got a question about activated carbon. I used stuff that was meant for aquariums, fresh water I think it was. I can remember seeing on this board somewhere that certain types of granulated activated carbon are ineffective, any views on this? Maybe I just bought the wrong stuff...

I've got some carbon left over, would it be at all worthwhile to sit some cups full of the stuff in my flowering box? I dunno how well this would absorb stink though..

Latest posts

Latest posts