What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

godisadj's Dual PC Stealth Grow!

godisadj

Cheers lads thanks for the advice,

Okay, Ive ordered some stuff. Some odour eliminator pouches filled with activated carbon, which I plan to sit in my flower box, and some activated carbon (air) from coal to replace my existing carbon in my scrubber.

Hopefully this will solve my problems!

MrDIY - Cheers! Hopefully I won't have to pull it early! :badday:

Last edited:

godisadj

Hey all! I bring some sad news...

I came back home after watching the Hatton V Mayweather fight (6am!) to find my place reeking! :fsu: My carbon won't be arriving until tomorrow or tuesday, so I can't really put up with these odour issues anymore - my girls have been given the chop. :puppydoge

Security always has to take priority so I wasn't going to risk it for the sake of a bit of smoke! I'm not fussed though, I've learnt a huge amount throughout this grow and I've got two strong mothers to start again with. So this concludes this grow at day 29 of flower, 68 days in all.

Is it even worthwhile drying these buds? That's 4 weeks of flowering where the recommended minimum is around 6 for harvest. I'll check the colour of the trichs once my microscope arrives (ordered a few days back), but for now, what's your opinion on such premature buds? Should I dry or bin?

So cheers to everyone that's helped me out along the way! I shall be back! Hopefully! :D

Sorry to hear about that man. Hopefully you'll be starting again soon and you'll work out all the kinks.

Smoke it for sure though dude. Even if just for yourself to know how far along they were. I bet you'll be surprised.

MrDIY

Sorry to hear that you had to cut the crop :frown:. You should smoke what you get out of it tho, don't let all your time go to waste! :joint:

Sad to hear about the carbon scrubber :( but you're right, security should come first! Smoking is a great past time, and an even greater medicine, but should never be put above your own well being.

Hopefully your next grow will turn out for the better :) great grow though man, the cases look flawless, and the plants looked amazing :) Ill be checking back in to see if you continue with another grow :)

godisadj

Cheers lads!

I'm drying the buds at the moment, my new carbon arrived yesterday so I've put a couple of smaller buds in my case to test it out. All seems ok so far! Tomorrow I'll dump the whole lot in there to give my new carbon a real workout. If that goes well I'll get another grow on the road.

I measured the wet weight of my harvested buds - 36g. What'd you reckon this'll equate to in dry weight? No doubt the weight has suffered a lot due to the early harvest. Here's a peek!

A shot of the roots:

Here's a shot of the carbon I was using before (that didn't work too well!) on the left, and my new meatier stuff on the right.

I'll do a wee update in a couple of days once I've reached a verdict on the new odour control!

Thanks for the kind words!

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
damn.... 29 day's really suck's. i would have shoved them in a dark attic for a few day's before i would have chopped them.. but whats done is done. you would have yielded twice as much easily. enjoy your harvest dude. expect alot more in weight and quality next time.

K

kidkannabis

Damn thats some nice buds for a small container.what size is it?? Gotta love those roots!!! and good decision on the carbon, its the same kind i found at a pet store.works great man.The way i tested it was by having my friend take a hit no where near it then blowin the smoke through.and best believe i didnt get a hint of smoke or ganja smell.I even put an open jar with an oz of sum dank trees rite next to it, and....nothing....but goodluck....im sure youll get another one going soon.Keep us updated

hey that looks pretty reasonable for 29 days man, love to see what you get next time.

Looks like maybe about a quarter, doesn't look too bad either.

K+ dude, good luck!

godisadj

Hello again! Just a little update on this old-ass thread!

Dry weight was just over a quarter, and the smoke was surprisingly potent for such an early harvest. And to think I was going to throw it all away, so thanks guys! :D

I've redone my scrubber and I'm currently involved a quick grow to test its effectiveness. I'm also using this a testing ground for a possible 8-plant perpetual micro SOG, using 3" pots. I'm hoping that the small pot size will restrict the height of the plants, resulting in maybe 2-3g dry per plant, every 6 days or so, but this remains to be seen!!

I'll start a new thread once I know the score, hopefully it's possible! :D

Cheers lads.

G

Good to see that u safe and doing big things godisadj.I'll keep an eye out for that thread
8378smiley-joint.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts