What's new

Cosmic calendar

SativaBelieva

Anyone ever used Maria Thun's cosmic calendar?...

I'm thinking of getting her 2006 sowing and planting calendar... I did plan a couple of grows according to this calendar in the past... I guess there is a lot more to it than the way I did it... I've used it mostly to check the flower dates... to pinpoint the perfect harvest time for any grow... you can use it as you go, or calculate back from an ideal harvesting moment and plan your grow to it...

The moon calendar might be easier to use... for a 9 week strain you can start flowering just before a full moon and harvest right after a full moon...

What do you say?... is it all superstition or are plant cycles ruled by a cosmic connection???

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
My grow is guided by a full moon over Uranus. [ with new improved rings.]

SativaBelieva

Biodynamics

Biodynamics

To learn more on biodynamics... check work of Rudolf Steiner and Maria Thun... those names come up everytime googling... I haven't read any of their books... just some articles... so I'm not knowledgable on biodynamics... but it feels so natural... some general rules to biodynamic farming include:
*Working on Soil... and taking care for proper soil life, I add mychorizza and proper bacteries... feeding ferments, melassees and guano... avoiding minerals like PK13/14
*Selecting Tasty Strains... duh...
*Following Cosmic Rhythms... "The light of the sun, moon, planets and stars reaches the plants in regular rhythms. Each contributes to the life, growth and form of the plant. By understanding the gesture and effect of each rhythm, we can time our ground preparation, sowing, cultivating and harvesting to the advantage of the crops we are raising."
http://www.biodynamics.com/biodynamics.html

SativaBelieva

Best Harvesting Periods

Best Harvesting Periods

Best flower periods
Thursday, January 12 @ 6:00 am through Saturday, January 14 @ 9:00 am
Wednesday, February 8 @ 12:00 pm through Friday, February 10 @ 3:00 pm
Tuesday, March 7 @ 6:00 pm through Thursday, March 9 @ 9:00 pm
Tuesday, April 4 @ 3:00 am through Thursday, April 6 @ 5:00 am
Monday, May 1 @ 12:00 pm through Wednesday, May 3 @ 1:00 pm
Tuesday, June 8 @ 12:00 pm through Friday, June 9 @ 8:00 pm

Best fruit periods
Monday, January 16 @ 7:00 am through Thursday, January 19 @ 2:00 am
Sunday, February 12 @ 1:00 pm through Wednesday, February 15 @ 8:00 am
Saturday, March 11 @ 7:00 pm through Tuesday, March 14 @ 7:00 am
Saturday, April 8 @ 3:00 am through Monday, April 10 @ 10:00 pm
Friday, May 5 @ 10:00 am through Monday, May 8 @ 5:00 am
Thursday, June 1 @ 6:00 pm through Sunday, June 4 @ 3:00 pm

Best seed periods
Same as fruit periods above

http://www.biodynamics.com/advisory.html

SativaBelieva

Catch the smell!

Catch the smell!

Yesterday, january 14th this Kushage smelled like ripe... with 5 weeks to go till finish!

If any of y'all wonder why plants smell stonger on certain days... check the dates above and find out for yourselves about harvesting days... and plan your next grow to it... and share your experience!

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
I think i'll give it a try too.:)

I think i'll give it a try too.:)

High SativaBelieva, I havent been using it before, but have been aware of it for a long time now. It just happened that I managed to buy one recently, so I thought I'd give it a try. So yesterday I started to germinate my seeds for a first 2006 grow, exactly at a given moment for sewing flower plants.

here is a cover for polish version of the calendar.

It's nice to see somebody doing research in similar direction, it may not affect anything in my plants, but it's fun!

BTW: you'll find an internet version of the calendar here: http://members.chello.at/mkportal/emka0106.htm

rgds, kov

G

hello guys,

i am a first time grower, but I have put the seeds in a soil on a day for flowers, which is a little different than the internet version says, but I read it in a book by Maria Thun.
I am convinced that in the worst case scenario, notihing is wrong if you go by this dates, but , in my personal oppinion, there is a lot more to it.
it is really nice to have some people who think the same.
I have also burried the remaining seeds in the ground (in a glass jar of course) during 24.12.05 and 6.jan. 06, as this is supposed to enrich the energy level of seeds.
And the new round of seeds goes into soil on 31.Jan 06 for shure!!!
All the best to all of you!

SativaBelieva

Thank you for contributing Kov! That link of the internet version of the calender is really helpful!... it gives instructions on a monthly bases... aiding short time work planning... with more detail... while the harvest dates in my post give a bases for mid-term planning of flower cycles...

So now everybody can play around with this calendar... without needing to buy it...

I'd be keen to hear if you note your plants smell stronger on the 'best flower periods'...

SativaBelieva

Hi Proud Daddy... I thought it was the right way... to pop pot seeds during best flower periods... born under the right 'horoscope', the plants will be geared towards building flowers... I've red somewhere that maintaining your crop on flower days will further increase its flower building focus... though I believe the days when to pop seed or take cuts and when to harvest are the most significant... and I believe flower periods to be best for all... and fruit periods are a good option too...

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
SativaBelieva said:
Best flower periods

Best fruit periods
Monday, January 16 @ 7:00 am through Thursday, January 19 @ 2:00 am
Sunday, February 12 @ 1:00 pm through Wednesday, February 15 @ 8:00 am
Saturday, March 11 @ 7:00 pm through Tuesday, March 14 @ 7:00 am
Saturday, April 8 @ 3:00 am through Monday, April 10 @ 10:00 pm
Friday, May 5 @ 10:00 am through Monday, May 8 @ 5:00 am
Thursday, June 1 @ 6:00 pm through Sunday, June 4 @ 3:00 pm

Best seed periods
Same as fruit periods above

Thats nice but I was looking for something more specific. Um, Im also going to need you to come into work this saturday and probably sunday too.

95cap001.jpg

SativaBelieva

Verite said:
Thats nice but I was looking for something more specific. Um, Im also going to need you to come into work this saturday and probably sunday too.

You really strike me as a non-believa... sorry, here you don't find what you're looking for...

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
Hmm I'd say MJ is a flower plant, not a fruit plant, also according to the calendar. Hmmm, now that I compared the book to the internet link I find some differences, could it be that the link is just a heavily simplified version? I have to check that closely tomorrow.

rgds, kov

G

Best flower periods

So, here's something interesting.

My current grow is getting near harvest and early last week I checked things under a microscope b/c growth had slowed substantially over the previous week and found about 10% amber trichomes. I need the flowering space so I thought 10% amber would be good enough to chop.

Something told me to hold off.

So the period of the 12th-14th (see above) passes by and I inspect the plants again... Wow! The flowers have hit like a second wind and there is tons of new growth, clusters of calyxes and new pistils.

Believe it..... or not!

SativaBelieva

Cool Canine!... great you have a microscope... sure thrichome ripeness is the main indicator of when to chop ya crop... but the intense smell on flower days is what freaks me out... and with proper planning you could have both!

So did you harvest 'm... or let 'm flower some more? If you harvested on a flower day... I'd be curious what you think of the aroma and overall ripeness compared to previous grows...

SativaBelieva

Last year I did 2 grows of Sage 'n Sour... which I harvested on flower days... man, that was the best weed I've ever had... coffeeshops didn't like me sitting at their bar stinking up their place with my own grown... I've entered it for the 420 cup in 2005... and I got 5th place in the sativa growers catergory with non-cured fresh small buds...

So now for my current grows I didn't have the 2006 calendar... nor could I find it online... so I used the moon to plan... now I see my grows will finish in fruit periods... and I remember a hippie explaining me... flower days are best and fruit days are a second option for harvesting... but don't harvest on leaf days or off days!

G

SativaBelieva said:
Cool Canine!... great you have a microscope... sure thrichome ripeness is the main indicator of when to chop ya crop... but the intense smell on flower days is what freaks me out... and with proper planning you could have both!

So did you harvest 'm... or let 'm flower some more? If you harvested on a flower day... I'd be curious what you think of the aroma and overall ripeness compared to previous grows...

Yep, a little $15 radio shack portable microscope. Has served me well.

I haven't harvested but will do so this Sunday and I think the timing will be perfect. The growth slowed way down and pistils withered around the 8th, then a new burst of growth during the 12th-14th (on the dot... and I noticed this BEFORE seeing the lunar calendar yesterday).

That burst of growth, specifically, was little clusters of about 6-8 new calyxes all over the buds. During the 12th-14th, and then it stopped. No new growth over the past 2-3 days.

If it's a coincidence, it's a pretty incredible one.

SativaBelieva

Here's mine... Kushage... 4 weeks to go... I too think these flowers bursted out during last flower period... not so visible on the pic, but these buds are stacking up trichomes... the aroma is over a first peak now...

Last edited:
G

Sativa, I don't have a "before" pic with me but I can get one from home. But here is the "after" pic. ("After" the cosmic magickal flowering period of Jan 12-14, that is.)

This is Plum Creek Bud from So. Indiana.

Last edited:

SativaBelieva

Fine looking bud, Canine... I love the purpling fan leave... though it looks she might flower some more from when that picture was taken... curious when you will chop her... and how she will turn out... good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts