What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kushage

G

Now that one is what i want to know about. I smoked some Kush last week and it's really good weed. Does it smell lemonly and fuelish? I just picked up a Kush clone so this is another strain that both of us are growing. Pretty wild huh?

SativaBelieva

Actually, Smokey, this is OG Kush x Sage... but yes it a lemony and fuelly pheno... I've smoke tested some OG Kush at the Dampkring... and that one is a bit more fruitier and the Kushage has some earth tones to it instead... the taste sticks to your mouth... taste it with your lips... and puts a thick layer on your tongue... the inhale is like coffee and the exhale is like chewingum... the high is complex... and has a little stone to it... more relaxing than my Sage 'n Sour of last year... also it is less smelly... but they are defenitely family!!!

Wild coincidence, that we growing alike plants?... I have thought before that our taste matches closely... so that I value your statements a little over others... for instance, your words on Elvis make me not want it... body odor?... if you can't put your nose to it, I can't imagine I would love growing that herb best of all... even if it will stink up the whole sativa cup entry batch!

mosess187

looks good player! :pimp3: ..is that some SCROGing..going on i see? :chin: ...what size is your pot?...And what type off wattage ya got er' under?

SativaBelieva

She there in the white corner is a heavy weight... 35 liter pot... shares 600W with others... testing some basic biodynamics, I've planned this grow to be harvested at a 'best fruit period'...
Sunday, February 12 @ 1:00 pm through Wednesday, February 15 @ 8:00 am

Though, I ask myself, might a 'best flower period' not be a better harvesting time for sensimilla?... maybe I'll try that next time... for sure the smell is the strongest on flower days... and that's what interests me in Maria Thun's calendar...

More on plant horoscope:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=19217

SativaBelieva

4 weeks to go

4 weeks to go

I've noted a growth spurt over the weekend... not so visible on the pic, but these buds are stacking up trichomes... the aroma has peaked, now it smells a little less intense...

Last edited:

SativaBelieva

Bubble hash

Bubble hash

Got the 7kit... and did 2 runs with 1 gallon of waste... of which half is of Kushage... the second run did come out much greener... here the 73mu:

Last edited:

SativaBelieva

3 weeks to go...

3 weeks to go...

Buds keep stacking... spider mites are slowly recolonizing... so I got some new predators in... mites don't seem to like Kushage that much... as if they avoid bud areas... they stay down low... guess the roots are more prone... to sciarid flies... those frustated my previous run... I killed them all...

Now I have some heating problems... it gets down to 15C when the lights are out... a bare minimum...

Last edited:
G

Well we will have to compare what we got. I got a really good one i'll bring over. See you in de dam.

SativaBelieva

2 more weeks

2 more weeks

Heater is fixed... 2 more weeks and I'm looking to chop 'm... stash is running low... and these are already more crystalous than many would be at finish...

Guess I will have the patience to wait a couple of weeks... got some 73mu hash... mostly Kushage... and some outdoor sativa type... handpressed... dark like temple balls...

G

Don't pick them too early now. You got a challenge with those beauties.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa your Kushage´s made my eyes water ;)
Do you experience many different Phenos like i did in Sage+Sour, i have grown out 30 beans and found 7-8 different Phenos which are splitted in 3 main Phenos
1:Sage pheno
2:Nicely mixed Phenos
3:Sour Diesel Pheno
I ended up with a nice producing SD pheno with minimal Sage influence only markable budstructure and a bit woody (sandelwood) flavour.
fj

G

I enjoyed my Kusage last year and found it to be my one of my most productive and fav grows of last year / a strong smoke dripping with original flavor

Good blessings on a strong finish / (I loved the pink hairs)

(only picts I could find)
<>

Kusage smoke report

Last edited:

SativaBelieva

Nice work fjallhoga... think I'd keep the producing SD pheno... guess that one must be like the one I had in 2005... I did get some selected cuts... of both SnS and Kushage... so I don't know all about strain stability...

Thanks No Where-man... for your contribution... and I've linked to your smoking report on my Kushage grow thread on overgrow too... hope you won't mind... that site has been out the air for a week now???

SativaBelieva

Crystals

Crystals

This picture shows some crystals... even with my low quality cam... its like a grey shade...

I'll wait untill the 17th... this grow is not planned well according the macrobiotic calendar... maybe one next time I plan to harvest within a 'best flower period'...

Bex... do you have some pics of yours?...

SuperZero

too bad about the computer problems, hope you get it straightened out
looks like your in for some tasty fruits

looking forward to the updates

SativaBelieva

Almost there

Almost there

Still having some problems... and my camera doesn't do macros... maybe I can borrow a better cam just before the chop... for sure I will save some buds for friends coming over in april...

SativaBelieva

Finally, got it right... dried and manicured... too bad I can't make any decent pics, this plant is amazing... good yield and most crystals I ever seen on a Sage cross... Kusage takes longer than Sage 'n Sour... yield potential is about the same... but KS wins on potency... no doubt, when you get it right...
I will save some buds... maybe in April some of you guys can make some good pics and post a smoke review?