What's new

Cosmic calendar

G

That pic was from the 15th and she went under the knife Tuesday (24th). She was still like 20% clear, 70% cloudy and 10% amber and putting on weight but I needed the space in the flowering area.

I'll get back to you after a few smokes.

.canine.

gOurd^jr.

Well canine how about them smokes on that beauty eh? Oh and I too have noticed these incidents of "cosmic magickal flowering" I had a White Widow that would shoot out fowtails a bunch for a couple days and then lay low for a bit before bursting out some new ones, guess it keeps them opening fresh flowers throughout the flowering period eh?

NightFire

I always try to plant and harvest according to the moon phases. Studies have been done showing that the moon will create different effects in plants depending on what phase it is in (I don't recall which studies).

Just think of the influence the moon has on the oceans, to think that it's magnetic force doesn't effect every living entity on the planet to some extent is just ruling out the obvious.

If you have ever kept a journal on your own well being (emotional, physical, spiritual status) and compare it to the lunar phases you are very likely to see a pattern. You will be able to predict differing temperments/moods based on the moon phase.

The sun also has a lesser effect similar to the moon, but more difficult to track, since the earth orbits, pivots and rotates around the sun, over a year.

G

when to take cuttings

when to take cuttings

Anyone has an idea when is the best time to take cuttings for clones. Is it on the flower days, or should we go with the root days?

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
hey Proud Daddy,

well, you should take cuttings on flower days, since marijuana belongs to flower type of plant.

In the moon calendar all the plants are divided by their main attribute into 4 categories - leaf, root, flower and fruit.

So, for example:
leaf would be spinach, lettuce, cabbage etc.
root would be carrot, celery, radish etc
flower would be all kinds of flowers, sunflower, flax etc
fruit wold be all fruits, cucumber, pupkin etc, and all kinds of seed plants - maize and other grain plants.

So, sowing, taking care, and all kinds of work to be done on a plant is best done in a period indicated by the calendar and according to which category the plant belongs originally, it's not that a mj clone will root better on a root day, the root day would be best for taking care of your carrots.

heh, hard to write well with my limited english.

rgds, kov

SativaBelieva

Thanks for the explaination, Kov!... I use your link quite often... mostly to check for good harvest dates... sometimes its hard to plan grows... delay here, different strains there... but still I believe its worth to wait for a flower period... or else a fruit period... and I noticed that around full moon there are always good harvest opportunities...