What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chefboy's Outdoor Grow 2009

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Hi there again my fellow ICMAG'ers...I have been growing now for some years and this will be my third year growing outside..The winners of the past were 2007 Cherry Berry from Reeferman( a very nice wicked potent plant, tight nuggets, great yield) and last years winner hands down was the Blockhead
now this year I want to raise the bar on the genetics grown so I have started with:
Rez's- Chem Dog IX-II
Beanho's - Bangi Haze x SSH
Old Mendo F2's -from a fellow member
Kush Mix- ******s Seeds
Stonehedge-Sagamartha(freebie from years ago)
Johnny Blaze f2's- from another fellow member
Supreme Skunk-BCSC (old seeds bought from emery)
Kali Gum-nycdfan042
C-99-GN03
These plants are not sexed yet and I made a newbie error and added ferts way to early so half of them are in treatment for fertburn(currently leeching them out)..so hopefully will end up with a nice repertoire of females to grow..I have one confirmed Bangi x SSH already..wish me luck on lots of females..

Regardless of what ends up being male/female i plan to keep one strong male to use his pollen and make some seeds for myself and the community...
I hope to use the Chem dog but we will see what happens...
I wil be adding pics very soon as soon as I get rid of the males and fix my over fert issue

Will keep everyone updated weekly usually..if not more

Good luck to everyone else this year..and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a great growing year....

peace
Chefboy

bluebuds

sounds like quite the line up! im going to keep an eye on this one to see how those finish up! will you be growing in the ground or containers? -bluebuds

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
both bluebuds..I have 2 nicely worked holes about 1.5 feet wide and 2.5 deep..in those holes are Triple Mix..blood meal..bone meal..dolomite lime...and perlite..I give them Advanced Nutrients B-52 when they are seedlings and Grow Micro and Bloom over the course of the season...

Then use 6 us gallon buckets that i use and have the same growing medium as the holes...
this year i will be using a 10 gallon bucket..its way huge..i hope to get a bigger plant..i found it in the garbage in the fall...
Only problem with the buckets is they DRY out much quicker...you must be diligent with watering's during the HOT summer
peace
Chefboy

edit: the bucket i found is actually 12.2 U.S Gallons..its twice the size as the bucket that i used last year for my CTS x ISS
Today was such a nice day I drilled holes(about 15) and sprayed painted the buckets with a hunter green spray paint for camouflage

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
well i am truly pissed at myself...I may have killed 5 of my plants...2 Chem and 3 Bangi x SSH(that's all the ones i started)so started one more in hopes of maybe getting a female..Hopefully it's not too late...

I learned my lesson don't feed the plants until the have truly established themselves..i have serious nut burn on my leaves and they are curling...I have been trying to leech them out with just plain tap water for 2 days now...4 times a day...now i am gonna leave them and wait and see and pray lol....What a dumb move on my part...Oh well you live and learn....

peace
Chefboy

bluebuds

hope they pull through. i never fertilize till they are like two feet out door unless its a light guano tea. they will be a little stunted but should be ok soon, -bluebuds

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
well looks like i really fucked up..and killed half my plants by feeding them when they were too young...I killed 3 bangi and 2 Chem dog....oh well you live and learn..I will never make that mistake EVER AGAIN....
so currently i have 2 old mendo going they are are very healthy and strong..one looks to be male the other female...I also have 2 of ******s kush mix and they are very healthy also and I think i have the same one male and female...then I have 1 Chemdog left and I hope and pray its female...
As far as lil seedlings i have 1-Johnny Blaze f2, 1-Stonehedge, 1- Kali Gum
and as far as started just in the past 24hrs I have 2 more Bangi and 1 NL5/Haze x AK-47
and i have one supreme skunk that won't pop...still trying..but i think today is the cut off point with starting more beans...the plants won't be big enough if planted after this week
Wish me luck

peace
Chefboy

P

perakko

sorry to hear that mate. but it's only the beginning of the season, don't worry you'll get back in track!

this is how those johnny blaze f2's are looking, very fast and vigorous! :D

all the best to you!

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
wow perakko..they look very healthy..hey thanks for stopping by..my plants are too small to take any pics right now but I will be updating with pics every so often...
honestly the JB f2's are very vigorous..i have never seen a seedling with such a fast and big root system already..at 10 days..again thanks for your message

peace
Chefboy

hamstring

Veteran
chefboy

Sorry to hear about the fert burn
Seems weird that they burnt not sure from your posts but they were in a container right?

Every year for +10 yrs I put each plant in the ground (no container)follwed by 20-20-20 water soluable ferts. It even says on the fert conatiner good for transplanting. Never had a problem but maybe much different when planting in a container.
PEACE

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
hamstring they were in a 4inch pot..i should know better than to fertilize such a small plant..my bad...

peace
Chefboy
ps trying to add pics here they are too big

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
ok so here I have figured out how to resize them..dam 150kb max..that;s nothing...I guess it's so bandwidth doesn't get clogged

so here are my good healthy plants

and here are my seedlings

and here are the dead plants

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
i have come up with a solution to my problems...I have given up on the dead plants..will be cutting them this weekend...but I have started a new batch of seeds..with the intention of vegging them outside...then starting the flowering inside and throwing them out to finish up...that way I don't have to disturb the growth of the new seedlings by sexing them..I will just grow them as big as i can get..from June 1(they will be one month old from seed) then outside cathcing the rays..getting as big as possible until August 1..then Aug 1 put them under 12/12..with a 400hps(already have a set-up) for three weeks to get them to start to bud and get rid of males..then on Aug 21 throw them outside so they will be 21 days into flower and still have 6-7 weeks of awesome flowering time OUTSIDE...then chop by Oct 15...

what do you think??

Now I would only do this with the seeds I am starting now..the plants i have all 5 LOL will be sexed on May 15 too be put outside to become BUSHES..by Oct..I am hoping for 2 nice females to put into the ground..if i get more great...
Do you think that's a good idea??
I would be growing these new plants in buckets(obviously) maybe like 6 gallon buckets...
Let me know what you think of my idea...

peace
Chefboy

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=119662

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
well came home from the girlfriends today and found that...a bunch of my new seed starts had popped...
2-Sage F2's
2 more-Bangi x SSH
1- NL5xHaxexAk-47
1 more-Stonehedge

I will be growing these out until Aug then flowering them to get rid of males and put them back outside...

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
alright update time again...well it's May 10 and one OLD MENDO has shown and it's a girl...ok so the rest have not..
I have decided that it would be dumb to sex the old mendo that is female..so it's staying in my dad's greenhouse..it will be fimmed/topped to get big....then on June 1 outside in a hole..

I know for sure the other old mendo is a boy..it will be tossed after I sex it with the rest..starting today..1 mendo, 1 ******s Kush and 1 Chem Dog
I have just transplanted the 1-Kali Gum and 1- Johnny Blaze f2..by June they should be big enough to go into buckets..
The rest are still seedlings.but I think it will be a sunny few weeks and maybe they will catch up..I hope...

I will be updating with pics randomly...stay tuned

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
holla everyone...ok well had to cull an Old Mendo today..it showed balls...I have 2 more under 12/12 and hopefully they are females...1 is Chem Dog IX-II and 1 is ******s Kush Mix...

Also 1-Stonehedge has been re-potted along with 1 beanho's NL5/Haze x AK..

and I will be throwing the C-99 and Johnny Blaze f2 and Kali Gum into the flower room to determine whether fem or male, in a week...

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
ok pic update

Here's the Old Mendo f2(female) I just topped her

and here's the C-99 I will be sexing in a week

and here;s a pic of the newly re-potted NL5 Haze x AK(left) and Stonehedge (right)

peace
Chefboy

P

perakko

they're coming along nicely, are you planning on taking cuts?

any pics of that JB? keep it up!

Latest posts

Latest posts