What's new

Chefboy's Outdoor Grow 2009

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
hey here are a few of my late start plants..not so bad considering on May 1, i thought I would not have any plants this year..Due to my newbie mistake...

here's the johnny Blaze f2 a fellow member was kind enough to let me try

and here's the Stonehedge, it's got a weird 3 leaf thing going on...

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Chefboy's at WAR

man am I pissed...again...another problem...fucking RACCOONS...they are digging up my plots and have destroyed the Old Mendo top half of the plant...the nice topped shoots are all destroyed now its half the size...the Chem dog is ok..but i am going to war..I have done research and i will be doing the in-human approach but I have read dozens of threads on the subject and it says lace food with Anti freeze..i know its illegal but the only way to protect my crop..i don't have a gun..(not american here) so shooting is out of question...only option is tuna laced with antifreeze...Die you varmints..man i hate raccoons..interestingly enough the plants in the buckets untouched, cause they can't get to them...That's the trade off of in the ground sometimes..
Wish me luck

peace
Chefboy

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
ok I wish u lots of good luck for the year.
I had to put a cage around my plants to day cuz of the same problem as u.

peace Cheesebud.

zapatoloco

Don't poison the fricking raccoons, that would be cruel, idiotic and a shitty plan all around. Follow your buddy cheesebuds advice: chicken wire cages and ground covers, NOT FUCKING POISON.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
a lil update..plants are doing great..my lil critter buddies are dyeing as I type...and I stacked out the bay all day and managed to snag a pack of Krypto's Abusive X OGK(SFV)...these are my new prized possession in my seed collection...Wish me luck with them in future adventures..
peace
Chefboy

Last edited:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
and went and checked in the greenhouse today and the Chem Dog IX-II has rooted..the one clone i took(when i topped) has roots now...I will be planting it in a nice soil medium in a few days...It took 17days but it rooted...the others still haven't shown roots..maybe they will maybe they won't...This is all an experiment, so I have proven you can take cuts and propagate them outside and they will root(eventually)

peace
Chefboy

Bobby M

friend of mine had problems with coons this year as well. the holes didn't even have any organics in them at all, just potting soil with all-purpose chem time release fert and water crystals, and the fuckers dug up like eight clones. not once, but TWICE! he's got fencing around the ones that looked like they survived now. dirty SOB's... looking good so far for ya though. best of luck.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
thanks bluebuds..I will be definitely be making seeds with these genetics, not sure either f2's or a cross..but it will take a while to start that up, considering I only grow once a year right now lol.....but I will share my rewards with everyone, i see fit...Thanks again

peace
Chefboy

krk

:joint:to make your picture full screen.....:joint:smoke then...

1 click on paperclip..upload your picture....
2 now after you uploaded...double click on the uploaded file...
3.now go to the adress bar and copy the address...
4 now click on the mountain tab....earse the Http;...and paste your address...

Then we can see your pictures full screen...I want to be able to drewwwellll over that chemdog outside...:yoinks:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
updates......

well the dam Raccoons have been so bad..so I was forced to cage my plants there being protected with trellises stuck into ground making a perimeter around the plants...but as far as growth, they have doubled in size and are finally now in full veg...i'd say they are growing a good 6 inches every 10 days or so...now i have started to stake them and bend some branches so they BUSH out....The chem d is doing great i must have fimmed it by accident cause i meant to top but now have like 7 new grow shoots from one...crazy I know....The Old Mendo is the one that got destroyed and its slowly recovering and the 2 in the buckets are doing just great

My extras i think I will be forced to kill, unfortunately no-one to give them to and my folks don't want anymore in their b/y....Oh well...

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Ok lets try adding pics this way...
Here are some updated pics
Chem Dog
DSCN1409.jpg
Chem Dog
DSCN1410.jpg
Kali Gum
DSCN1411.jpg
Old Mendo
DSCN1414.jpg

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
a lil update..plants are getting quite large now...I have started to tie back some branches so I get a nice big canopy and I have topped the Kali Gum and Kush Mix(both in buckets) so now they will have (hopefully) 8- count em, 8 main colas...and the Chem Dog..wooohoo..man this has taken off...I topped it and pinched the node when i did and i guess fimmed it , man wow now i have 8 main shoots all coming from main stock...I will not be topping the Chem anymore I want the 8 main shoots to grow into main colas..So thats' about 8 weeks of veg from now...I usaually stop topping by July 15...so the plants can recover and give me nice big buds....Good Luck everyone

peace
Chefboy

bluebuds

looking great chef boy! your plants are really getting some size to them!!! way to go! cant wait to see how big they will get, -bluebuds

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
updates...hope everyone else's grows are doing well...

ChemDog IX-II
DSCN1426.jpg

and

DSCN1427.jpg

S annies Kush Mix
DSCN1428.jpg

and
DSCN1429.jpg

peace will update the rest today...

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
and here's the Kali Gum
DSCN1430.jpg

and here
DSCN1431.jpg

and the Old Mendo

DSCN1432.jpg

and more Old Mendo
DSCN1433.jpg

and I have just re-potted a ChemDog clone that I took back in June and I will not be topping her..I just want one big cola..She will have from now till Aug 21 approx to veg..so I should get at least 1/2 oz from her..I hope..

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
updates...the summer has been really crappy no extended sunny days..Pretty much overcast and rainy for the past 4 weeks..It sucks but I am hoping that Aug and Sept will be DRY and Sunny...So the buds can soak up that sun and get real resinous..umm can't wait...lol...OK here are some pics

Chem Dog- she has gotten to be a monster I had to tie her down( i didn't want to but she was getting so big so fast..so I have tied her down as you can see and she has already started to form more branches, cause as we all know when you separate the branches and the growth hormones in the plant move from the top to the side nodes..therefore making more TOPS..I have done this method 3 years running and it works believe me

DSCN1435.jpg

I have done the same with the Kali Gum and she has gone crazy look at this..btw this is the plant in the huge bucket
DSCN1439.jpg

Kush Mix ( sann ies)- Well she has only been topped and I tried tying her down but she has such beautiful growth pattern, I ended up breaking off a branch so no tying down for her..but she looks like a killer plant hopefully killer smoke
DSCN1446.jpg

and finally the Old Mendo she does not get the same amount of light and its obvious..but shes still doing well
DSCN1451.jpg

peace
Chefboy

nomaad

Veteran
Kush Mix ( sann ies)- Well she has only been topped and I tried tying her down but she has such beautiful growth pattern, I ended up breaking off a branch so no tying down for her..but she looks like a killer plant hopefully killer smoke

i agree. she's got nice structure. plants are looking happy. wishing you a sunny late summer!