What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zoidberg's 85/125W CFL Full-Tower Grow

Alright my friends, great news - I EVEN MADE 33,7g OUT OF MY GROW - that's 1,19 OZ. I totally have passed my goal and made a few gramms extra out of it. I am so happy with the outcome of this grow.

Here are some pics, it's in the jar with 2 of the boveda packs now, I will let it cure it for 3-4 weeks now and then enjoy my first indoor grown weed. Fck Yea!

Sorry for not having a picture of the total yield on the scale, as you can see I only own a small piece of shit scale that holds like 4-5g maximum -_- I tried to do a shot with the whole yield on it but it just didn't work.

Here are some pics:

Before chopping it down, without all the LST - those were real beauties
wgjQLAG.jpg

I trimmed it as good as possible while wet, I made cannabutter out of all trimmings
ndajoUr.jpg

Hangin' in my PC Case for 4 days
iduFhHJ.jpg

After hangin' in the case, ready for jaring
KoAuife.jpg

And my harvest in it's jar, going to cure
1Jf2PPA.jpg

Thanks for all the help and insight you all have given me througout this grow, I've learned a ton about this weed, even though I knew a lot from all the research I did prior to even building this PC Case. Seriously, thanks for all the kind words and being with me on this.

Gonna let you know how it smokes when the time has come.
Greetings to y'all

EDIT:
I just noticed this was the 100th post on my journal, funny that the 100th post is actually the end of this grow XD

Thanks xmobotx :)

The boveda humidity packs are doing a very nice job by the way. I'm using 2 62% (herbal medicine type) packs in the 1 liter jar and the hygrometer is at a steady ~60% and I havent opened it once since I jared it like 30 hours ago, just shaked the jar for a bit of movement like 2-3 times.

CannaMoose

Hey Zoidberg! Ive been following your thread for a while. It helped me alot with my own pc grow.
Congrats on the harvest!

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
Congratz on your harvest! Good to hear you have overgrown your target :biggrin:
How was that butter, tried it yet?
Peace and have a great smoke :joint:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i m scared dude ~i would defo be burping once a day still

@ least cycle in some new air

but; as long as you monitor RH ~i guess?

Nah I had no time to try it yet, I might cook something with it tomorrow evening :p

And I'm ofcourse monitoring the RH closely and shaking them 2-3 times a day to have some movement in there, also opened it for a minute today. RH readings say steady 62% RH. I will have an eye on it though.

GenuisG

Hey guys,

long time reader here :). Finally got my own case up and running and wanted to present you my finished PC-case.

Thanks for all the inspiration you all have given me, all you PC-Growers (especially trem0lo and TeriYaki) have made me really finishing this case - it has been a shitload of work.

Stealth and odor-control is a must for me, friends know the smell of weed and I absolutely dont want them to ask me for "homegrown" every day. Besides that I've gone a bit overkill and attaced a real PC-plate and glued "extension"-cables to it and connected it to the RaspberryPi (mini-ARM based PC running Debain Linux) - so yeah, u can attach USB, HDMI and sound to the case (USB on the front) and it will work. Also the power cable uses a normal PC-Power-Cord.

My Setup uses CFL bulbs, the one on the picture is a 85W 6500k bulb and I have another 125w 2700k bulb for flowering.
For Odor-Control I have built an active carbon filter which is using 2 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM fans (push&pull like in watercooling setups).

The case has another fan (60x60 scythe mini-kaze) above the bulb to move the hot air from the bulb towards the fans of the filter and another PC-Fan blowing in air through the lighttrap.

Those fans are all powered by the Fan-Controller which is a "Scythe Kaze Master Ace", its powered by a 12V DC adapter which also supplys it with 5V for the LCD-Display (this one was a bitch). The Fan controller also has temperature control which will help me to control temps on different places in the case.

Im going to use LST and as you can see a "SCROG"-screen which is primarily a height limiter to keep the plants under control.

The strain is Dinafem - Blue Widow x3.

The seeds have sprouted yesterday morning and are looking a bit stretchy right now - temps are smthg around 85° and 89°F which is high - i know that but i have totally underestimated how much heat this damn 85W CFL already produces.

Can't do anything about it right now since its 25th and all stores are closed until 27th. I'll get a thin sheet of plexi-glass and place it above the screen to control the heat a bit that should be enough to lower the temps to an "ok" level.

now some pics :)
View Image

View Image

View Image
Hey

Why did you say the fan controller was a bitch? What isues did you have? They have now discontinued the product. Can you recommend another? Ta

doams

hey Zoidberg,

I like how you separated that big ass light and I like those things that hold the plexi too.
Ive started with a light like yours but had to replate it with 3x25w cfls coz that one big cfl was really hot like hell.
Did you also cutted that back plate off the motherboard its good to have those connectors on a backplate for added security so it looks same as just another pc case :)

pexu

Hello!

Hello!

Nice setup and grow!
Planning to build full tower case and this gives me a lot :tiphat:
RasPi is going to be there at least, and maybe webcam taking photos and making timelapse-video etc. Also lighttraps gives me ideas :think:

Keep up good work!

svani

what angle did you use and are you satisfied with the level of air filtration? from the case did not smell of grass?

svani

What coal did you use and are you satisfied with the level of air filtration? from the case did not smell of grass?