What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zoidberg's 85/125W CFL Full-Tower Grow

Ok I just flushed them with destilled water (5 liters overall). The water was really turning quite yellow. I guess it was a really good decision to flush now. I think that I might do another flush in a week or smthg like that to get it even cleaner.

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
Cool. Have another round then.
When is the chop day? Don't wanna miss it! ;)

Stay cool :smoke:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
flush doesnt mean neccessarily flood them with plain water... I like to just water with plain water for the last 2-3 weeks. I have never been a big fan of flooding them...

What nutes did you use? If you used an organic soil mix you technically wouldn't have to flush!

D

daylighting

IMO flushing before harvest is a good thing, even with organics. You've done remarkably well for a first grow! Might be worth picking up a jeweler's loupe to check out the trichomes.

I guess it really comes down to what the individual prefers. I personally think flooding them makes sense and is a good thing but I dont have any evidence it's better. It just seems like a good idea to me.

Thanks daylighting, I got a scope that I ordered off amazon but it kinda sucks, might get a better one.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i {like many} do not like the concept of "flushing" ~it's basically a 'stoner science' idea and if you think about it can cause problems

sure; if you been 'feeding' the plant {like from a bottle} it may be a good idea to switch to water only for a couple weeks {which would be what one is doing anyway w/ organics} but; calling it a 'flush' is basically a star representing an ill-informed gardener

It has been quite a while since I did an update on my grow, so here it comes:
I have been feeding them plain water for 6 days now and the plants are looking very promising.
There's one bud that still has mostly white pistils for whatever reason, I don't get why this single one is so far behind the others.
The other buds are turning brown more and more. Looking forward to the weekend, might harvest it on sunday or something. Opinions?

Would you give them a 24h dark period before harvest?

Here are todays pictures:
aUgQbgl.jpg

8kw7l0h.jpg

Bq3KCsy.jpg

0fKFqFK.jpg

WmRSkhv.jpg

My opinion is that you've done well up to this point, and you cant do much wrong, harvesting now is a personal taste kinda thingie and its all up to you buddy. Some let em go longer, some take em down, its all good :)

Iam looking forward to be seeing some dry budpics and smokereports later.

'pling'

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
once i see fall colors i figure 'anytime' and i even like to let 'em get pretty rough looking too

if you can loupe the trichs that does help but; i find some plants will have one area w/ 1/2 amber and another all clear ~i wont let em get all dark

anyway microwavable cat is 100% ~you cant go wrong from here

Ok guys, large update coming right here^^

I have ordered some 2-way humidity control packs from Boveda. Those have been recommended (somewhere, I think reddit's r/microgrowery, the guy said he worked at a med. disp. and they use it all the time) to keep the humidity perfect for long time storage. Here's the link: Boveda 2-way humidity control packs - 62% RH - Herbal Medicine

Also I bought some 3 1liter mason jars for the final cure, those should be enough for my harvest I guess^^

And last but not least - the macro lense for the iPhone came today... the quality isn't top notch like the pics I usually take with my cam but they are quite ok and should give you guys some insight on the state of my little plants.

After checking the trichs now with the new macro lense I think chopping them on sunday will be ok. Most of them seem cloudy too me, theres some amber too - I guess that's what I should be aiming for with an indica dominant hybrid.

Here are the pics:
yDkdkJx.jpg

Y0vIz9w.jpg

qPYqKBd.jpg

pBZ8LPZ.jpg

psSS61n.jpg

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This round is looking great! Looking forward to seeing the end results!

Are the buds that are throwing out new white hairs the buds closest to the lights?

I've seen that with buds that get too close to the cfls at the end of flowering in my cfl cabs.

Yeah you actually are right, the ones with the white pistils are really those that are closest to the lights. Maybe that really made a difference. I will have a look at this next round. Thanks for the thought.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as a former cigar smoker, i became disenchanted w/ the hydration packets ~honestly i dont think you need them

no doubt blynx ~thats kinda what i meant by some areas will be 'done' but others not so much

my bagseed sativa dom is one of those 'continual' flowerers like that always putting on foxtails and new pistils while older buds will already be done ~the kind of plant where you can take a harvest and leave ~1/2 the plant for a second later harvest