What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zoidberg's 85/125W CFL Full-Tower Grow

K

kiwi_growa

Looking really nice Dr.

Hope you harvest the oz that you are aiming for!! I'm sure they'll swell up nicely in the last 1-2 weeks for ya.

Keep those updates coming:biggrin:

Did some defoliation today, you guys were right there was far 2 much fan leafs above the buds... removed like 10 leafs or smthg, only fan leafs. looking much better now. also watered them today, it's dark period atm so ill keep you updated how the defoliation worked out

I generally dont like removing fanleafs, though i only grow outdoors so i couldnt tell if theres a difference.
Anyway the buds get sunlight even if they arent getting direct sunlight.

Hope it works out for ya dr, everyone is growing in their own way.
What way works best for you is the road to walk down. :) peace

Well it's not only more light but also better airflow so I think it was well worth it. Hope it didnt stress them all to much but I guess they will be fine.

Weekend Update incoming^^
I have defoliated them 2 times now and gonna leave it the way it is now, looking very good to me. They have fattend up quite a bit the past days. I have fed them nutes the last time today - my plan is to flush on monday and let them go for a total of 58 days, guess that should do.

Here are some of todays pics:

3U1MU9f.jpg

de9zNQ7.jpg

wiv1ErW.jpg

6I48Pci.jpg

dGybo3l.jpg

smittymac

It's grows like these that inspire to build better PC Stealth Boxes. To rival this is to complement and show pride in ones work and achievements. Thanks. A standard for others to live up too. Thanks.

Friend

Veteran
Don't chop them just yet! They look like they have a lot more swelling to do and a lot of white pistils left.

I'd hate to see you go through all the technical challenges involved in pulling off a successful PC grow only to cut them before they pack on weight.

Don't chop them just yet! They look like they have a lot more swelling to do and a lot of white pistils left.

I'd hate to see you go through all the technical challenges involved in pulling off a successful PC grow only to cut them before they pack on weight.

When I was sittin infront the case yesterday I thought "oh well, I think this won't be done in 8 days". You are right I think, they will probably need 2 more weeks atleast :/

I will feed them some more nutes and postpone the harvest even though it's very tempting.

@ shittymac: thanks very much

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
hey there doc, i must admit this is a hell of a great grow and very inspiring too!
I just visited this thread and am pleased to discover that i came for the best 10 minutes of the movie :biggrin:

if you were to summarize 3 key things you learned during this grow - what would they be?

oh and please share your opinion on carbon filter efficiency. do the plants stink a lot when you smell them directly at open case? do you smell their odour while the box is sealed? thx!

oh i just found this piece:
Smell isn't an issue at the moment, don't have problems with it as of now. The only time you can smell something is right when the lights turn off - I don't know why the carbon filter dosn't work right there but I guess it might be the sudden rise in humidity that lets the carbon filter fail - I just don't know. The smell fades after 2-3 minutes again - so not that big of a deal really.

sounds great! :) was it really that good?

stay relaxed and have a happy harvest, buddy! :joint:

I actually noticed that the smell might not be even coming from a failure of the carbon filter but much rather because i fucked up ducting the bulb fixture properly. I gotta fix this once the grow is over.

I held my nose to the carbon filter ever so often and didnt smell a thing. I would tend to say it's working but I can definitly say what's up after next round (when I fixed the ducting on the fixture).

Hmmm.. summarize 3 things :/ I don't know...
1) Watch for your temps and humidity
2) Train those plants hard and start early on
3) I think 2 plants are enough for a PC case if vegged a bit longer, I think they might do a better job - will try that next run

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
Ok great but do they stink a lot in general? If not for the filter, would you have serious odour issues? I am curious if your filter works well because the plants don't smell much... Or they do smell like hell (which then proves your contraption to be efficient). Hope i put that clear enough? ;)

Peace :smoker:

Yeah, they don't smell a lot normally (when they are sitting in the case) - when you open the case you can smell it pretty good still, it's not like it's an unbearable wave of smell coming out of it if you know what I mean, you definitly notice it though. When I take them out of the case and accidently touch a bud they stink up really really strong though.

I wouldnt consider the smell "stinky", it smells pretty good like fruits - kinda like a room odour refresher or smthg :)

I dont know about harvest something like 1 1/2 - 2weeks I guess.

Yeah sorry I've been working on a real casemod pc atm or well I'm still working on it to be honest^^

I will post an update tomorrow.

Alright so here's the promised update :D Sadly my camera battery died when I was about to get a close-up shot of some buds... will do them next time the battery is already recharging.

I planned todays watering to be the last one with nutes for now. I will flush them tomorrow I guess. I hope those are done within the next 2 weeks. But I guess that could be ok. There's still a lot of white pistils on some of the buds :/

Any thoughts?

Here are todays pictures, I thought I would leave them in the original size so you can have a really close up look on them to give better insight on how long they take in your opinion:

hRtx0iO.jpg

xrd8XzU.jpg

yocpPpg.jpg