What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

zoid/c99 release date ??

Hughesy

Yeah Looking forward to these but with the Rez Release Hold Back on a few weeks.Thanks so much for the Zoids x C99 getting out there. Sure that is gonna be a good one for the Oz OD.
thanks and stay up and catch the first wave.
Stay positive things happen to those who push the limits.
Its getting near dawn...

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't wait for this release, Good things come to those who wait
Keep up the good work Wizards i'm sure the Z99 will impress a lot of people from wahat i hear
Any pics Donald???
Stay Safe Guys
Peace shaun

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pics in the link i posted shaun bro :muahaha:

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i cant see any pics in that link Benji maybe Donald has his album set to friends only??

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope this works....
Heres a sneak preview of z99 outdoors .
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bulldog11....

Why the put down? I seem to read it that way bro?

Moon deserves a hell of a lot of credit, in my humble opinion. All his crew too, in fact!

H

hard rain

The best thing about the zoids to me was the fact that they were bred in OZ with no outside influence. Why the hell would you want to release it as a cross with c99? I'm really disappointed. I'm a big fan of what moonunit has done but why pollute zoid with c99? a chance for some really unique Aussie strains down the drain. Is this going to be a release from moonunit or is it a wallyduck release?

If I've got this wrong please correct me. Why not simply release the zoids as is?

First off, this is a joint venture.

Second, if you had read posts by Moon you would understand his intentions. He continualy strives to create better than the last. Never getting stagnant, in his work. Many breeders settle for "this is it"! Moon, in my humble opinion, tries to continue to create a bigger and better product. It is what drives him, in my again, humble opinion.

This pollution, as you refer to it, happens to be some the the best weed ever created!!!

Jesus once said "a prophet will have no honor in his own hometown". I guess you were right bro! Many of us welcome your gifts with open arms Moon. Keep on impressing us with whatever seems to move you, IR....

Squiggles

id prefer the zoid by itself too hard rain but crossed with wallys c99
if given the chance to aquire some im taking it

oh and thanks Hippyslayer for the link mate only just found it in my profile it has been a long month

I have recieved requests from alot of those who have these genetics now for some descriptions ect to help those growing them. Normaly i release genetics with little to no description to make sure of an un bias feedback, but in this case i think it would be wise for me to post some descriptions of the lines that have gone out as they can be tricky to dial in, the first list is just the zoid and zoid hybrids, i will soon post the rest of the line now out there soon aswell. I am also happy to answer any Q's anyone growing these may have.

zoidfuel f1
This is the origional cross of the origional zoidberry clone to the fof3 male. From seed all within this f1 range should finish under 10 weeks. They
are fast sativa doms and frost young. Another trait found in this line is early calax developement. The calaxs will start to fattening a few at a time
from 4-9weeks moreso than over a shorter period at the end of flowering like alot of cannabis does. They will stretch at least 100% and as much
as 250%, but not as full on as alot of our lines and its more controlablable indoors with techniques such as side lighting or plant training. The high
ranges amongst the expressions from a clear and up high to a more trippy speedy high, the wave onset effect should be found in almost all
examples of this line and the effect duration should be 3+ hours. This is not one for indica fans as it contains almost no indica or body stone at all
except a small bit at the end of the high for some. The flavor and aroma range is quite large with some quite unique and undescribable aromas
and fuel/fruit flavors.
These ladies like to be topped for maximum yield and definately get better with genetic age from seed( dont make selections till second or third
clone run or run long veg times from seed for a true representation of each plant), definately not a commercial producer, but once dialed in can
produce average yield of unique gourmet flowers indoors . The flowers grow long and reasonablely dense but dont carry huge weight, so u need
to flower the plant with many tops to maximise your yield within a given space. They can take usually 80% strength nutes but do just aswell if not
better on 60-70% full nute strength. Thats is not to say that during their life cycle there arent times that they will handle full strength nutes , its just
there are also times they dont like it and sativas generaly prefer lower strengths of the modern nutes. Local water quality also plays a part aswell
as the style of grow, i have found in soild they dont need much at all, in coco they enjoyed coco nutes at 70% and in full hydro they are handling
90-100% in a current tests. They re very harty also in that they wont die easily, but they are tricky to dial in, its sort of a catch 22 with alot of our
lines, they are real survivers, but can be very tricky to dial in. Leaf blades can have width early on but almost all will thin right out by the end of
flower. Dried flowers from this line also benefit hugely from curing, i was quite amazed at the added fruity flavors to the background with only 4
weeks cure. The zoid line can show late nannas, we have worked to get rid of this trait but it will still show under stress, most examples of this trait
have sterile pollen, but some can be very fertile , so if your grow space is a little stresfull, just keep an eye out, the rare hermie can pop up at
sexing, but its rare and needs abit of stress to happen. Thats the price of these genetics , but its well and truely controlable, just keep an eye out.
Thusfar has been quite mould resistant. These beans are very old but some if not most should still pop. Plants usually require support as the
stems are generaly to small in diametre to support the buds. They usually have a harvest window of 2-2.5 weeks depending on growers taste
and phenotype

zoidfuel f2s
This generation was made using an open pollenation of a selection run of 30 f1s, this was done as we also did a selected batch of f2s that have
been worked to f4. The open pollenation batch was done for exploration of the new line and all the genetic material within it, not to refine it at all,
where as the selected f2s led to the refined version still in the works. The description is very much as above with the f1s, but with more variables
and the chance of finding the best and worst the line has to offer. Imho the f2 generation of a hybrid is the most exciting generation, but also the
gen with the most depth and requiring the most work to refine and move on from. These beans are old so germ rates might not be great but some
should still pop, i wanted to get them out there whilst they still have some life left in them, and also to provide a larger playground for the growers
of these to play in so to speak( larger hybrid range to experience). I feel there will be some rare true gems in this gen, hence the reason i sent so
many out.
Currently im planning a 20-40 plant selection from this gen to back cross the f4 back to, as i believe whilst we refined the f4 well, it has lost to
much variance in the process( i value variance in seed lines).

zoidberry f1
This was a cross of the zoidberry clone to an indica dom line we have we call the x line( old no name indica dom line we collected from a outdoor
grower in a mountainous area with low humidity on the east coast), the male used for this cross was so dence it looked like a fem from a small
distance away. This cross was a nice hybrid that produce some very resinous ladies with a lovely range of flavors /aromas. More sturdy to the
other zoid lines due to the indica dom father, but also gained suseptablity to mould and pm from the father aswell, same intersex trait as the other
zoid lies but the full intersex trait showed up with less stress in this line, hence only very selective work has been done with it since. Having said
that it was extremely vigorous and most plants showed no probs, beans of this line were grown in canada and enjoyed very very much ( test
grows from back in the ole cw days), very tall plants also with a bit of gap between the nodes with bigger flower formation than the other zoid lines
with more weight. The right expressions of this line had a very strong high and almost all produced lovely tric fields, much bigger trics than the
other zoid lines aswell.

Zoidberry f1 select x fof3
This was a cross of a selected phenotypical expression of the zoidberry, one we called the tall expression, and the fof3 male. The tall expression
of the zoidberry f1 was a very very vigorous example that whilst having a large nodal gap and big stretch, produce good ammounts of almost
supercharged zoid. The zoid added the trippy nature to this high and the x line father of the zidberry f1 added the raw power, this example was
selected for the zoid high that was strengthened by the x line indica dom father, the indica dom didnt overpower or dominate the zoids trippy high,
it was just intencified and some body added aswell. We liked this example so much we used it in the progeny testing of the pure fuel line that
found us the fof3 male and these are the left over beans of said cross. We havent done to much with these particualr beans, just the work
evaluating fems for the testing of the pure fuel males. So basicaly we have a three way hybrid here cosisting of 25% zoidberry clone( not the f1s
we named zoidberry) , 25% x line indica dom, and 50% pure fuel via the fof3 male. I realy want to search these beans again as one female we
tested had a high that made me feel like i was in a wind tunnel, it was intence and im used to these cannabinoid profiles lol, and i want that
expression back for my own headstash ( occassional smoke, to much of this one would be bad for ones mind lol). On the downside the 25% x
line indica dom adds a density that makes this line also a mould magnet, that was the biggest problem with the x line and a very dominent
problem at that, having said that though, control your humidity and top plants for more smaller nugs and you will be rewarded with good harvest of
mould free lovely nugs with a great high and great power. Great range of aromas ad flavors in this line aswell, beans are old but some should still
pop.

Zoidfuel f4 select x cherry fuel f1 ( 7 males mixed)
This is a cross of the fem zoidfuel f4 pictured in the aussie bred candy thread, and some left over pollen from a cherry fuell project ( 7 mixed
males pollen). Totaly untested, i have some a few weeks old at a friends grow atm but this one is totaly untested. Having said that i think there will
be some great and very very tastey plants amongst this very variable cross. The seeds of this cross arent that great quality( abit immature due to
a security shut down at the site they where grown) and abit fresh but will still mostly germ, i really wanted to get this one out there. plants should go
from 8-12 weeks flower and less with genetic age. Should be some great functional highs in this one and little to no body stone. expect zoidfuel
dom plants and cherryfuel doms with nice mixes in between. It should feed well at about 60-80% strength nutes as do most of our lines and will
almost certainly need training or at least support indoors. This line consists of essentualy, 25% zoidberry clone, 25% cherry mother line and 50%
pure fuel.

More to come soon
Much respect
Moonunit

H

hard rain

First off, this is a joint venture.
That's great. I'm so glad Moon will reap some banefits.
Second, if you had read posts by Moon you would understand his intentions. He continualy strives to create better than the last. Never getting stagnant, in his work. Many breeders settle for "this is it"! Moon, in my humble opinion, tries to continue to create a bigger and better product. It is what drives him, in my again, humble opinion.
I've read and been involved in many of moonunits threads. That is why I'm surprised this is being released. The best thing about the zoids was that they were bred here from old Aussie sativas and hadn't had any of the overseas seedbank genetics. That was potentially (IMO) their biggest selling point.
This pollution, as you refer to it, happens to be some the the best weed ever created!!!
C99 is average. It was created from Jack Herer bagseed. Why you would want to mix old school Aussie genetics with this is beyond me. Most of the great sativas you could find in Oz 30 years ago were way better than c99.
Jesus once said "a prophet will have no honor in his own hometown". I guess you were right bro! Many of us welcome your gifts with open arms Moon. Keep on impressing us with whatever seems to move you, IR....
WTF? I don't have anything against Moon. Quite the opposite. He was kind enough to send me zoidfuel and zoidfuel x cherryfuel. I'm truly grateful. Moons attitude to Aussie genetics and his work with them are admirable but I was under the impression these original genetics were going to be released. That seemed to be what he was working toward. REAL Aussie genetics. Instead another C99 cross??? Yes I'm disappointed.
InsanityRules, are you a representative of moon or wallyduck?

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hard Rain, i agree a little bit with you, because i think the zoidfuel should be realeased as a line before the crosses.

also because i m sure the pure zoidfuel will be more potent than the C99...

still i'm sure moonunit is on his way of stabilising the zoid, and probably the C99 and the joint project makes it easier for the moment. we ll see some pure zoid coming i have no doubt !

i must say the C99 in a cross is a really usefull plant, the crosses i ve smoked had that very complex taste of the c99 transfered and even amplified some times. so i m looking forward to this one anyway.

I also have two zoidfuel x deep chunk at 6 weeks and half, they have kept the smell of the zoid, i can t wait to see how the high turn out...

Insanityrules is no representative of moon nor wally, he is waiting for the realeases of the zoid line as much as we do :)

keep the good work moon and wally !

H

hard rain

Thanks for replying here titoon. i enjoyed reading your smoke reports in the original Aussie bred candy thread.

Re-reading those descriptions that sqiggles just posted basically reinforces my opinion that the zoid line could stand on its own. Moonunit is a real breeder in the true sense of the word.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Just a note to those about the z99 ,,
zoidfuel is very dominant in its crosses ,, the bud structure and smell is mostly zoid, the c99 added a faster finish and a little more resin .
the reason for a trial cross with c99 was the thought that they would marry well together , and the tests have proven that theory correct .

Absolutely zoidfuel can stand on its own , and im sure it will earn a place amongst the more popular sativa offerings when it is released .

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info DM, cant wait to finally get to try this out
are we getting any closer??? march maybe???

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Well im only a spokesman that gets to try some of the lovely produce shaun , but yes i am poking at the boys to get something on the market asap , word has it plants that will hold the seeds are going into flower now , so id guess it would be closer to april taking into account drying etc , i will give u a more accurate time when im more sure of it .
Ill try to get some pictures loaded for you guys when ive sorted out what i have on the memory card here .