What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

RED 1

nice nice :)
btw is that 5 or 7 gal pot? for sativas smaller is okay to go too?

One other thing I would like to add my friend since I got to read your reply on my comment regarding your grow tent
Best results quantity and quality combined, if the strain has it,I have achieved in 26ltr cloth pots.In my personal limited 3yr growing experience
First plant,2yrs ago outdoors,a Super Lemon Haze(didn't have any Aces at the time),and,second is KA5H (although she locked on me with excess N as some point) indoors just recently
Root/Ground temps around 15C/25C
Smaller than 18ltr pots,have seen many do miracles with

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Hi WW :)
My choice of plastic pot size 18ltr
Cloth bags 26ltr,indoor or outdoors
With sativas,I from now own,will plant seed directly into soil,26ltr cloth bag under lights, indoors,although 18ltr plastic pots are just as good
Choice of soil mix is the key with sativas
Somewhat 'light",with enough nutrients to last them without me "feeding" them for min. a month.Current soil mix 50/50 BioBizz Light/AllMix
Want them to find their way with rooting system, sexually mature, in one pot, hate transplanting, before flowering
Maybe there is a number of theories on transplanting,I'm useless,sometimes, under the "influence' with it
:)
A three stage repot, cup,9ltr,18ltr final repot just before flowering, what I used to do, and,it works,an alternative suggestion
Current seed germinated in cotton wool, transplanted directly in 26ltr cloth pot

right :)
is it hard to handle them in 26ltr? i mean watering. i can imagine how easy it can make overwatered. how long do you veg them? i have those fabric pots waiting for my clones but i spotted mites.. lets see what happen in future. maybe i have to get new moms but that is this hobby. sometimes way is going up but also have to come down and fix the problems.

RED 1

is it hard to handle them in 26ltr? i mean watering. i can imagine how easy it can make overwatered. how long do you veg them? i have those fabric pots waiting for my clones but i spotted mites.. lets see what happen in future. maybe i have to get new moms but that is this hobby. sometimes way is going up but also have to come down and fix the problems.

I had some old fabric pots, threw them out bought new ones.Do not know how to clean them proper,asked,got no answer,new
Indoors would veg them for 6 weeks min.
Watering when in fabric cloth it's easy.It's "nutrients" combined with overwatering that's the cause of most of the problems people encounter.
Just overwatering is easily fixed

RED 1

Plant the seed, and,help you will get my friend
Now what pheno,that I cannot predict, my seedling looks like a slightly overwatered indica

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
wutwut: Tropical Sativas like to feel wet/dry cycles, hate feeling their feet damp over several days (which happens when they haven't yet colonized the pot after a repot and you water too much)

I've learnt two things:

1.- Transplant before the plant enters bulking mode so that the plant has enough food, and feels encouraged to "fill in" even more and bulk, foxtail, etc.

2.- To help her: once repotted, water the rootball lightly and by the pot rims, only with root stimulators (rhizotonic or EM-1), don't let the soil at the bottom of the pot to get damp or will sit there for 4-5 days hindering her root development and she will look uneasy.

This way she will feel better, and promote faster colonization of the pot.

My "finishing pots" with soil outdoors were considerably bigger than those you describe, unless you want to keep her small, I'd go with a 35-40-45L (10-11Gal) finishing pot at least. (I used 80L for veg, 200L for flower)

26L sounds fine for vegging, but if you keep her there after the second half of flowering you'll need to resort to teas, and ammendments, she'll feel rootbound, nute lockout will be more likely hindering yield and development.

Repotting at the right time, saves you from having to fix anything but by the end of flower if you see she wants more.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Washing machine 60°C, but better prewash them with a hose or so if you do not want to clog your filters. I even washed my 1gal mother plants smartpots at 90 after I got thrips but some are a bit smaller now... (just the height a bit)

Do not know how to clean them proper,asked,got no answer

Gloansy

wutwut: Tropical Sativas like to feel wet/dry cycles, hate feeling their feet damp over several days (which happens when they haven't yet colonized the pot after a repot and you water too much)

I've learnt two things:

1.- Transplant before the plant enters bulking mode so that the plant has enough food, and feels encouraged to "fill in" even more and bulk, foxtail, etc.

2.- To help her: once repotted, water the rootball lightly and by the pot rims, only with root stimulators (rhizotonic or EM-1), don't let the soil at the bottom of the pot to get damp or will sit there for 4-5 days hindering her root development and she will look uneasy.

This way she will feel better, and promote faster colonization of the pot.

My "finishing pots" with soil outdoors were considerably bigger than those you describe, unless you want to keep her small, I'd go with a 35-40-45L (10-11Gal) finishing pot at least. (I used 80L for veg, 200L for flower)

26L sounds fine for vegging, but if you keep her there after the second half of flowering you'll need to resort to teas, and ammendments, she'll feel rootbound, nute lockout will be more likely hindering yield and development.

Repotting at the reight time, saves you from having to fix anything but by the end of flower if you see she wants more.

I'd like to see these indoor trees:)

F2F

Zamal x new Malawi killer from R&D

Zamal x new Malawi killer from R&D

Zam fems and regs have different parents. I can't speak to GTs.

From Dubi, post #1238: "Current Zamaldelica fem release (available since 2014/2015) is a backcross towards Zamaldelica Zamal elite mother with a touch of New Malawi Killer, so it is:
Zamaldelica Zamal elite x (Zamaldelica Zamal elite/New Malawi Killer), i think this is the best, more balanced, more tamed and more refined Zamaldelica version we have ever released."

Grabbed some R&D seeds last year listed as “Zamal x New Malawi Killer”. Been trying to track down exactly what I’m holding here so I emailed Ace. The post above makes me wonder if it was a rework of the zam-Malawi side of Zamaldelica ?? I think the zamal = pure purple zamal... Just curious to understand flower time, size, and nutrient needs.

Anyway, lovely grows up here and making me excited for my OD season!

Be safe, be well, and be stoned!

Cheers,
F2F
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Edit: Luis already replied! Ace Customer service has never disappointed. Big kudos to Luis, Dubi, and Ace!

I won’t go off topic here but let me just say his reply had me drop a bean into water 5min later. :woohoo::woohoo:

Last edited:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Hey all

Hope everyone is doing O.K. and staying reasonably safe as well as sane with all of this, wherever you are. I know I'm trying!

Thanks, everyone, for all the help and PLETHORA of amazing advice! Ive been scrogging away the zamaldelica and looks like I'm about to start some outdoor projects too. Sorry if I left anyone hanging and did not follow up because you guys all really helped me out a ton and I want you all to know I appreciate it.

I ended up scrapping that whole last grow from last time I checked in (those who might remember - what a mess that was it wasnt even funny) and started over from scratch and focused more on doing it RIGHT THE FIRST TIME :) rather than winging it and hoping for the best. These plants are so amazing for letting me learn on them like I did. One thing I learned is - never turn your back on two Zamaldelica running drain to waste coco pots with limited space!

Also want to say Im ***digging the soil talk, I think I'm gonna run them inside with soil next and I'm here to learn.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Help choose vegtime

Help choose vegtime

Hi folks i'm planning my next grow. A seed of each strain will be planted together in 1 90l pot under a scroge net.

Zamaldelica x panama
Purple zamal x panama
Thai x panama
Golden tiger 3.0
Honduras breeze

My gut feeling tells me that the chiang mai crosses will get no veg time maybe the purple zamal x panama also not? For for the zamaldelica x panama and the honduras breeze i'm planing about a week vegtime.

What stretch can i expect from the zamaldelica x panama and purple zamal x panama?

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Just thinking out loud, but I’d love seeing a Purple Zamal x Purple Malawi pop in that section :)
Grabbed some R&D seeds last year listed as “Zamal x New Malawi Killer”. Been trying to track down exactly what I’m holding here so I emailed Ace. The post above makes me wonder if it was a rework of the zam-Malawi side of Zamaldelica ?? I think the zamal = pure purple zamal... Just curious to understand flower time, size, and nutrient needs.

Common mate, one posting whore is enough around here :biggrin:
Go into my thread,repeat,in writing 20 times, whatever comes to mind, then post some photos of your Auto Zamal
A dot will do, just a suggestion

Succinct

I just finished my first Zamaldelica grow. I started out with three plants, and found one was a herm a couple weeks into 12/12. I vegged for 49 days and chopped the remaining two after an additional 96 days of flower.

This plant was a joy to grow. All three seeds were the first to sprout, and they were easily the biggest plants out of the 12 that I attempted to grow.

I grew them under a HLG 550 V2 Red Spec light. I did not find these plants to be sensitive to nitrogen at all. I used BioBizz Bio Grow and Bio Bloom nutrients and followed their recommended feeding schedules until about three weeks into flower when the Zamaldelica started to get very light green with some yellowing leaves. This was partially a pH issue, but I also increased the nutrient dosage to about 150% of recommended and noticed no ill effects.

I ended up harvesting a total of 247g off the two plants.

The two plants have been dried and then placed in jars to cure for the past two weeks, so their scents are really starting to come out. I have a very hard time putting words to the scents I smell. The two plants are are distinctively unique phenotypes scent-wise. I have read others' descriptions, and can definitely see that both have a strong sweet, earthy scent. The first phenotype is much more of a haze incense scent on top of the sweet earthy scent, while the second phenotype has an overwhelming sweet vanilla birthday cake scent.

I have not sampled this yet, but will be doing so in the next couple weeks and will report back on my experience.

picture.php

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Very, very nice!!! Good job. I grow the Zamies as well. Harvested 7 in the last 2 weeks. Long grow. I harvested 2.5 oz's (dried) off a plant today. I have one growing in a 16" self watering pot. I had to "crimp" her because she was way too tall. I have like 8 HUGE colas coming off her. Spectacular. Grown under Home Depot 's Commercial Electric LED's. They are like $99 each. Been growing under them for over one year with spectacular results. I am happy.

Succinct

Thank you. This strain is a heavy yielder, and it did the best (by far) out of the four different strains from this grow, despite really screwing up the pH when I started to increase nutrients during flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts