What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - The Search for Trip Weed

yoss33

Veteran
Hi man, ZD2 looks wonderful :)

Siever,

I've been hearing that some are like that. Yoss33 reports a pheno that is pure coffee, another that is very euphoric. But he also reports that one of his friend's individual is too strong for daily use. There seems to be a broad range at this relatively early development of the line. I'm actually counting on this so I can make selections based on my own very personal preferences. I'm not looking for stony, I like the clear, energetic, and euphoric.

It is really hard to judge people's perceptions of what trippy is. To me, it is quite different from stony. I am looking for enhanced visual, auditory, and a feeling of oneness/empathy with life. I'm glad you appreciate the one you have.

Best,

ThaiBliss

I think my Z#2 has coffee-like high mainly because it was harvested early - the trichomes simply didn't have enough time to swell and accumulate what they like to accumulate :) I harvested because the plant was damaged by the frost, all its pistils withered, and besides, it fell on the ground and required support and I didn't want any support visible.
Maybe my descriptions leave another impression, but according to me, after a month of smoking, the range of Zamaldelica's effects is not so wide - it's between strong but energetic, focused clear high (Golden Tiger, I guess) to an extremely clear and energetic, yet very intense wicked, truely lysergic high (Zamal, I guess).
The Zamal high really has to be experienced, I'm sure it'll impress every sativa smoker. It's really special and unique, it's just too intense for all occasions, so have a stash of something calmer, you'll need it :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Yoss33,

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds really great, and just what I have been looking for, "too intense for all occasions", yet "extremely clear and energetic". Not to mention "truly lysergic".

Man, it is going to seem like forever before mine is ready to try!
:biggrin:

Thanks for the post,

ThaiBliss

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
It's really special and unique, it's just too intense for all occasions, so have a stash of something calmer, you'll need it :)

Yoss, you and I have the same view of Zamaldelica, I see :laughing:

manic

jus remembered an old technique used for growing sativas in a flurotube setup back in the late seventies:
theseeldings were vegged up to the 3rd 4th or 5th internode, topped, and every two internodes it was topped again.
after a number of times repeating this ( up to the point were the plant would have 40 or 80 growing tops) the plants would be flipped: 2 days of darkness, after wich de clock would be set on 12 or 10 hours light every day.

the davantage is that the amount of space dedicated to above ground development would be limited, versus on groing roots,.
The plants would pump out a pretty number of evenly sized colas with ery high floral cluster density.
eventuall, due to influx of skunk and indica dominant hybrids, paired with the use og HPS bulbs, this technique was forgotten

now you are growing big zamaldica trees, with big node distance
I think you could easily grow 10times the number of budsites, all within a respectable distance from bulb.

just prune, top , an cut.
treat it opposit from how you would treat a squat indica bush
limit it , restrict it , and make it work for you.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

ZD2 is starting to pack on the resin. I wish I could take a picture that captures the sparkle when the light is shining at the correct angle. Here is the best I can do:

picture.php

I continue to have issues with nutrients. I'm getting curling and browning at the tips. I had previously bumped up the ferts a miniscule amount as yellowing leaves seemed to be happening earlier than I expected. Even though it could be some kind of mildew or something, I'm going back to yellowing, if I can, when I fill the fert tank again. You would not believe how low the levels are now. Think 4 tablespoons per 55 gallons.

Happy Growing,

ThaiBliss

L

LLCoolJ

Hi ThaiBliss could you please take a picture with the light turned off? Thank you.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi ThaiBliss could you please take a picture with the light turned off? Thank you.

LLCJ,

I grow in a small box in a dark corner of my basement. I do have a MH and HPS. The previous picture had both on. I think the best I can do for you is to turn off the HPS. This makes them look much greener than they really are. Green versions:

picture.php

Main Top:
picture.php

I can't pull out the plant and move it because it is tucked away in a corner, and as it grows and stretches, I bend it all up to keep it in it's place. The only way to get it out is when I chop it up for harvest.

When I get a new camera, if the images still stink, I'll try to turn off both grow lights and see if I can get a utility light in there. The space is really tight, so I'll probably get in the way and cast a shadow.

My apologies for the quality of the documentation, but I think the first picture is best because it looks more like how ripe it really is.

ThaiBliss

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
The basis for trip weed. Thanks to the Master Archiver Raco we still have this. I remember reading this on OG a long time ago and not forgetting about it. I always thought it was a fascinating story. I never asked for any seeds but always wanted some for when my head was in the right place to deal with them. Funny how after all these years, the stuff finds you. Thanks Tio Viejo, jejeje
picture.php

picture.php

This Zamal is the REAL THING, I be trippin after smokin the ones I'm growing. This is the closest feeling to the original Thai sticks I smoked back in 72 and have had a hard time finding since. The above is NOT! a fairy tale folks.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Randy,

Thanks for your last post. Great story. Thanks to Raco for saving it. Most of all, thanks to all the generous souls who are willing to share the best genetics freely. This is the only way to preserve the best for future generations, and to raise the standards for all other strains. We owe it to those who have been preserving, developing, and improving these strains for the last 10,000 years.

ThaiBliss

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I thought it would be pertinent. If you click on the top it gets big enough to read easier.
And the ball just keeps on rolling in the search for trip weed.
I heard some good news today about a new Zamal from USC, JGL has been hard at work, and you know that's gotta be good news for herb trippers.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always looking for better and in search of the most trippy weed.

Thx for the good pics and info ThaiBliss.Always watching,always learning.

Thx RandyCalifornia for the interesting story.

ZD is on my list.

Take care.

G

gloryoskie

Here is some Zamaldelica stash, from Jan 2013. Photographed today.

picture.php

Carrot mango, trip weed. There's only one other guy I know
who can manage this, an older guy who I've known many
years. Says he sees things, blurry around edges with a light
glow.

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Update: out of 4 plants, 2 ended up being males, 1 died and this one's a girl. She's got a very strange but amazing smell, fresh and a little sweet too:

Attachments

• DSC01996.jpg
    DSC01996.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC01998.jpg
    DSC01998.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 19

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Update: out of 4 plants, 2 ended up being males, 1 died and this one's a girl. She's got a very strange but amazing smell, fresh and a little sweet too:

Thanks for the post Sweet-Emotion. Looks healthy. You are doing a great job. I love seeing it in the beautiful sunlight. Hopefully, you will be able to continue growing it without bending or pinching off the top, so we can see it in it's full natural glory.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

Siever

Veteran
Hi everybody,

Right now I have 2 Zamaldelica's going on just past 14 weeks (101 days).
One is almost finished although it still has some white hairs at the very top.
The other one still has plenty of white hairs,but it's packing on trichomes.

Siever

Siever

Veteran
Just took my first blow of proper dried Zamaldelica.
I swear you can taste carrot in the smoke!!!
Siever

pinkus

Veteran
I just finished a Nevil's haze #21x mullumbimby madness... I was just analyzing the smoke and it tastes of Mangoes and Carrots... Clean and clear high that sounds very similar to zamaldelica :) I'm trying to decide which ace strain to buy as I'm a Sativa guy.

Keep up the good work :)