What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - The Search for Trip Weed

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Here's that Zamaldelica x Tom Hill Haze x (Purple Thai x Skunk x White Widow) I was talking about..
picture.php

This is what the thai/skunk/widow/haze looks like when flowered outside, hopefully well get some nice color out of the cross.
picture.php

Siever

Veteran
Hi,

I have one Zamaldelica which is about 2/3 weeks from harvest. Unfortunately I don't have a camera to take pictures right now. Ask me anything you want and I'll try to answer as complete as possible.
Anyway about the stretch: it's possible to use this to your own advantage. Just give them somewhat less grow time(to your own liking of course) and you'll gain time. This compensates somewhat for the long flowering time. Of course for this you need to know the plant, but you'll need to know this anyway to get the best results out of your plant(for potency, yield etc.). For a big yield you need long vegging, stretching and lots of space for the roots(ie big plants).

Siever

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Thanks for the kind words and positive observations/suggestions.

Terpene - That looks like an awesome cross. Nice choice. It's looking healthy and happy.

Things are going well with the ZD2 plant. It is staying healthy and the little flowers are filling out. I trimmed up the bottom branches a little bit more and put the small pot in a much larger pot. I can't see the roots anymore, but it is using up more water. I had to increase the watering frequency and duration just a bit to make sure water is draining out of the drain holes of the pot.

I'm surprised that I have not had to lower the pot down. I did bend a few of the longest branches so that all buds are still close to the lights. Also, it has been 3 or 4 weeks into flowering, so perhaps the stretch is over. I'm even seeing some start to resin production.

I have held off with any new pictures in the hopes that I would have a new camera, but still shopping. Plus, it will be more interesting when others can notice a significant difference in bud development.

Thanks for everyone's contribution to this subject/thread.
:tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Siever

Veteran
today I've harvested some Zameldelica branches and they do smell like carrots.
Also a bit like chlorophyll chewing gum.

regards

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Update:

I finally received my new fresh HPS bulb shipment today. I installed it immediately. It now joins the fresh MH bulb of a few weeks ago. Just in time to power the resin I'm starting to see deep inside the forming buds. I had to stick my head inside the cabinet so I could see the bulb go into the socket, and I got a nice whiff of sweet carrot smell. When I grew Golden Tiger, there were some carrot aroma mixed in with the rest of the aromas. This smelled like CARROTS! Also some sweet mango/perfume/menthol side notes.

I'll get some pictures posted later this week. The buds are very sativa like, clean and fluffy. Wicked good looking!

Happy Growing,

ThaiBliss

jayjayfrank

Veteran
my keeper zamaldelica i lost tasted like chewing on young sweet juicy baby carrots unwashed fresh from the ground. the first time i smoked something that hit on 3 distinct flavors sweet-earth-carrot.

i want her back.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Preservation In Hopes of Excellence

Preservation In Hopes of Excellence

my keeper zamaldelica i lost tasted like chewing on young sweet juicy baby carrots unwashed fresh from the ground. the first time i smoked something that hit on 3 distinct flavors sweet-earth-carrot.

i want her back.

JayJayFrank,

Did you have trouble, and lose her, with the auto-flowering? Or was it one of the myriad other sad reasons that we lose keepers?

I have at least 5 -10 seeds on this one from the hermaphrodite. I hope to have 50 more from the Purple Haze Thai male I have in the flowering cabinet with her. I'd guess the first pollen sac will open today. If it does, and another is available for squeezing directly on a hairy bud, I'll do it and remove from the cabinet. I'll keep it in the vegetation side of my dual cabinet a few days to make sure some took. I wouldn't mind a couple hundred seeds, just in case.

ThaiBliss

jayjayfrank

Veteran
yes, she started to flower in a 1/2 gal and i transplanted her in 2 gals switched from 18/6 to 24/0 and she kept flowering and wouldnt revert back to veg

made seed with some johnny blaze pollen and resulting cross showed 10% herm on the females, but males are solid and do not auto.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Just an update to the ZD2 progress. The first is a picture of how I am trying to increase the root space while doing the least damage I can:

picture.php

Here is a shot of the tangle of buds that are forming:

picture.php

Here is one of the bigger branches that I had to bend over. It sagged down a little more than I was hoping, but it gives me an opportunity for a better shot at a decent picture:

picture.php

Finally, a close up:

picture.php

Just wanted to show off my baby. Thanks for your patience.
:biggrin:

Happy trip hunting,

ThaiBliss

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
plants are looking real healthy TB, it's only a matter of time now and you'll be tasting those ladies and I'm pretty sure trippin not long after. Steady as she goes, as they say.

manic

swazi

swazi

goodday, havent read all the thread yet.

just sharing an experience; what you do with it is up to you

me , and two friends, all with different tolerance, mine being the biggest ( have smoked herb almost daily last 20 years) were smoking freshly imported swazi herb.
the remarkeable thing is we all had the experience our third eye was opening.
now , i dont know about you , but if Id be trying to cross some real magic into the Z strain, I'd try to get hold of high quality swazi beans and mix some third eye action into the trip.

but , thats just my two cents

best of luck!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
One joy of a thread!
I was hooked with the first post.
I´m gutted you had to cull ZD1 but that´s how it goes when one looks for The Special one.
In my very limited experience sativas tend to show root growth all through their life cycle, in order to prevent rootbound i always repot, to a pot double the size i was using before, just before i switch them to 11/13.
I´ve also noted that sativas tend to prefer shorter light cycles when vegging. 16/8 usually gets me shorter internodal spacing and healthier plants all around.
I must stress that this is just my very limited experience and that your ZD2 is looking great.
Best of luck for your projects

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Randy - Thanks for the encouragement.

Manic - Thanks for the tip. I talked with an old guy who moved to our area to work the medical marijuana trade in Oregon. I asked him if he brought any old school Hawaiian beans with him. Unfortunately, he did not. He had moved on to the "modern" hybrids like most of us. :( But, he did have fond memories of the old strains. He said the old Hawaiian strains were mostly S.E. Asian and African. One in particular he singled out with a gleam in his eye was a Cambodian x Swazi. By the grin on his face and the twinkle in his eye, I took it to mean that was his favorite of the weeds that were trip weeds. He also gave special mention to Mexican Red Hair Cartoon weed. From what I understand, that was truly hallucinogenic. How about it? Does anyone else have experience with Swazi or Mexican Red Hair?

JayJay - I have a SAGE cut that is only medium strength, but I can't seem to let go of it. It dips it's pinky toe into trippy. It is supposed to be Haze x Afghani, but there are rumors that it has Big Sur Holy Weed in it, a Purple Zacatecas x Afghani cross.

Paulo - Thanks for the kind words and tips. I suspect you are correct about the veg hours for sativa. The response to this thread has made me want to start a more generalized search for trip weed thread after I finish this grow. It seems to have attracted a great group of participants. I'm pretty sure that will be my next thread.

Thanks All,

ThaiBliss

Siever

Veteran
Thai Bliss,

I have already pre dried and smoked some Zamaldelica and to tell you the truth it's not stoney weed. Yet it's calming, yet it's energizing. Not so much a psychedelic type of high, at least to me. I need to admit that I have a very high tolerance level. I also have to admit that I've grown it way too cold (up to 8°C which is a lot of course) from what Dubi advises.
All together I consider it very good weed compared to my other grows(Haze n°2 + MK Ultra). You will never ever hear say anything bad about Ace seeds as long as they keep doing like they are. Very good customer support and very mouthwatering sativa's

The D9 crystal Siever

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Thai Bliss,

I have already pre dried and smoked some Zamaldelica and to tell you the truth it's not stoney weed. Yet it's calming, yet it's energizing. Not so much a psychedelic type of high, at least to me. I need to admit that I have a very high tolerance level. I also have to admit that I've grown it way too cold (up to 8°C which is a lot of course) from what Dubi advises.
All together I consider it very good weed compared to my other grows(Haze n°2 + MK Ultra). You will never ever hear say anything bad about Ace seeds as long as they keep doing like they are. Very good customer support and very mouthwatering sativa's

The D9 crystal Siever

Siever,

I've been hearing that some are like that. Yoss33 reports a pheno that is pure coffee, another that is very euphoric. But he also reports that one of his friend's individual is too strong for daily use. There seems to be a broad range at this relatively early development of the line. I'm actually counting on this so I can make selections based on my own very personal preferences. I'm not looking for stony, I like the clear, energetic, and euphoric.

It is really hard to judge people's perceptions of what trippy is. To me, it is quite different from stony. I am looking for enhanced visual, auditory, and a feeling of oneness/empathy with life. I'm glad you appreciate the one you have.

Best,

ThaiBliss

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
JayJay - I have a SAGE cut that is only medium strength, but I can't seem to let go of it. It dips it's pinky toe into trippy.
It is supposed to be Haze x Afghani, but there are rumors that it has Big Sur Holy Weed in it, a Purple Zacatecas x Afghani cross.
It was only recently that I heard that it was a haze x afgani cross,
previously I knew it to be Big Sur Holy Weed (as above) x Mazar-i-Sharif.
I had some cuts that had a very patchouli aroma, and others more grapefruit.
SAGE was my first-ever grow, and I have about 50 F2 seeds that I'll
do something with some day.

There seems to be a broad range at this relatively early development of the line.
Both of mine seem to lean towards the denser-side of the
Golden Tiger half, and finished in 11 weeks or less.
Z3 was initially energizing right before harvest,
but at almost two weeks later she's lost most of that and her high has
densed up- you can feel it in the eyes. Great tasting evening sativa, tho'.

I like the shortcut you used, TB, where you culled the ones that didn't
have the telltale Zamal stem formations. Nice to have these types of
infos for when you're working with numbers. :thank you:

saludos

Siever

Veteran
I'm not looking for stony, I like the clear, energetic, and euphoric.

If that's what you're after, Zamaldelica might be your pick of choice.
It is clear, energetic and euphoric plus it gives you a very relaxed feeling.

Siever

Siever

Veteran
Thai Bliss,
In my last message ;"I'm not looking for stony, I like the clear, energetic, and euphoric."
is a quote from you and what's under it is my written answer to it.
I must have done something wrong.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Thai Bliss,
In my last message ;"I'm not looking for stony, I like the clear, energetic, and euphoric."
is a quote from you and what's under it is my written answer to it.
I must have done something wrong.

Thanks Siever. I understood. We have to make sure every quote has a closing quote. Like this: [quote = ...] blah blah blah [/quote]. The "..." signifies were the username and post number that identifies us. The "blah blah blah" signifies the B.S. I'm spewing. I preview my posts, sometimes over and over again, because I'm always screwing it up.

Thanks man. I appreciate the input.

ThaiBliss