What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - The Search for Trip Weed

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi thedudefresco,

Approx 3 weeks more since your latest pics were taken.

BigSaxDog

well, i believe i've screwed the pooch ... dunno how that translates to spanish for Dubi, but it's not a good thing ..... started 6 Zams, 5 grew, one wouldn't shed the seed husk, so i ended up w/4 .... i'm pretty much a FNG, about my 5th grow, all organic good stuff, what i got now is growing nice, but ... ..... i grew 2 NepJams this summer, grew great, and i experimented w/the cropping/manifolding thing, got 8 nice colas per plant, was great til i gave them aphids at the end, totally my doing but got alotta bud .... now i figure i'll try the Zams ..... they didn't like the cropping thing, i killed the real light green droopy one (Zamal ????) cropping it .... now i got them growing, 2 SCROGGED indoor and 5 outdoor ..... BUT ..... I THINK I HERM'D THEM ALL !!!!!! i'm seeing these flower much more slowly, but i'm seeing pistils but i'm also seeing balls ....
i guess this is why the Brits say BOLLOX !!!! i'm seeing that the cropping/manifolding stress is not a good thing on Zams .....i. only a couple of weeks into flower, so i'm gonna let them run and see what happens .... the balls are all over the place, alotta them .... after i cropped them all, i did read some stuff here that Zam doesn't like cropping/stress, think i even read Dubi say that .... i think this is a learning experience, so i'm definitely learning life thru suffering on this one ..... ARRRGGHHHH !!!!!!

thedudefresco

Hi thedudefresco,

Approx 3 weeks more since your latest pics were taken.

Thanks Dubi!

Here’s an update pic

Attachments

• BC2C9C8B-FF06-4087-AA8E-3D7F3EA6C10F.jpg
    BC2C9C8B-FF06-4087-AA8E-3D7F3EA6C10F.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 54

thedudefresco

well, i believe i've screwed the pooch ... dunno how that translates to spanish for Dubi, but it's not a good thing ..... started 6 Zams, 5 grew, one wouldn't shed the seed husk, so i ended up w/4 .... i'm pretty much a FNG, about my 5th grow, all organic good stuff, what i got now is growing nice, but ... ..... i grew 2 NepJams this summer, grew great, and i experimented w/the cropping/manifolding thing, got 8 nice colas per plant, was great til i gave them aphids at the end, totally my doing but got alotta bud .... now i figure i'll try the Zams ..... they didn't like the cropping thing, i killed the real light green droopy one (Zamal ????) cropping it .... now i got them growing, 2 SCROGGED indoor and 5 outdoor ..... BUT ..... I THINK I HERM'D THEM ALL !!!!!! i'm seeing these flower much more slowly, but i'm seeing pistils but i'm also seeing balls ....
i guess this is why the Brits say BOLLOX !!!! i'm seeing that the cropping/manifolding stress is not a good thing on Zams .....i. only a couple of weeks into flower, so i'm gonna let them run and see what happens .... the balls are all over the place, alotta them .... after i cropped them all, i did read some stuff here that Zam doesn't like cropping/stress, think i even read Dubi say that .... i think this is a learning experience, so i'm definitely learning life thru suffering on this one ..... ARRRGGHHHH !!!!!!

I was growing for "density" this year, so all my pruning etc has been around getting fatter colas and I got botrytis on a a bunch of em lol. Definitely a learning experience, each grow.

edit: im talkin bout my other plants, not the zamaldelica, which has not had any botrytis and is doing fine.

Oddly enough, my zamaldelica has always responded well to supercropping but its always different from grower to grower etc.

I will say I had one zamaldelica hermie and I used a light to reveg it and it came back normal.

BigSaxDog

about 3 wks of 12/12, i just turned on my red 'go to sleep' lamp this week as i put them in 15gal smartpots, vegged since middle of August, manifolded for 8 colas ..... never seen this, but all the pics online look same same. i got clones from the cuttings while cropping, and they're outside in the sun and showing the same ballzz .... gonna let them go a bit and see ..... i gotta beginning 2.5' x 5' SCROG under my LED rig that looks excellent, growing real good .... except for that herm thing ..... gonna keep watching ....

SolarLogos

Deleted

Thesearch

about 3 wks of 12/12, i just turned on my red 'go to sleep' lamp this week as i put them in 15gal smartpots, vegged since middle of August, manifolded for 8 colas ..... never seen this, but all the pics online look same same. i got clones from the cuttings while cropping, and they're outside in the sun and showing the same ballzz .... gonna let them go a bit and see ..... i gotta beginning 2.5' x 5' SCROG under my LED rig that looks excellent, growing real good .... except for that herm thing ..... gonna keep watching ....

fyi red light is the wake up light that encourages cell division, sprouting, budding etc. but will increase internodes, blue is the opposite.

I used palm/coconut sugar pucks from the asian grocery stores. It's cheaper, less refined and if you have good mineral content in your soil already its probably the best sugar you can use. it is basically just reduced sap, so it is known to increase sap content of plants, as well as boosting soil bacteria/funghi
diastatic malt powder is supposed to speed up flower though Im still new to using it. if you want to encourage them to finish faster also you can further reduce light hours if growing inside.

ipchains

Hi,

I always grow using main-lining + super-cropping methods and have yet to see Zam hermed (grown 5 fem plants in 2017-2019). From my personal experience Hermie tendencies are also expressed when soil is too hot and has too many fertilizers (even when using complete organics) and/or systematically disrupted, uneven light cycles. I'm not to say it can't be just topping stress (topping 3 times actually), but also noting to other possible reasons/factors.

Best vibes,
IpChains

BigSaxDog

it's pretty much after the fact now... i hermed everything, even the clones hermed. one of them was a runt, i think, tho even hermed started to grow pretty good, real dense short internodes. the clone that i took from it was the only thing that didn't herm, i got it going outdoors, and it's doing good, just small, but alotta budzz, short internodes. i'm gonna let it go and see what happens. i really wonder what caused it, dunno if i'll ever know. growing all organic, my good worm castings, peat, vermiculite, and 1/2 strength ebay living soil mix, and this has worked excellent prev.... i did start using Regalia on this one, wonder if this had an effect ??

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Since it's snowing outside & we are moving into lockdown tomorrow, I thought that I would cheer myself up & post a pic of my zams @ 33 days from seed. It certainly looks like 2 different phenos. The one on the right is slower in development but has much larger internode spacing. The one on the left looks like it could use a thinning.

They are at 12/12 from birth btw. And they have been topped once.

picture.php

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 42 - 6 weeks from sprouting. 12/12. Coco.

picture.php

The plant on the left is short and very bushy. I have it on a 'booster seat' to get it closer to the light. I have defoled it a couple of times for airflow. The plant on the right is lanky and growing well. About 27" (70cm)

Both are flowering now.

picture.php

Thesearch

Day 42 - 6 weeks from sprouting. 12/12. Coco.

View Image

The plant on the left is short and very bushy. I have it on a 'booster seat' to get it closer to the light. I have defoled it a couple of times for airflow. The plant on the right is lanky and growing well. About 27" (70cm)

Both are flowering now.

View Image

so much can change in 10 days... what a boost in development! the stems on those plants are incredible. My zams always had such thin trunks and stems. what are you feeding them? growth hormones?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Ha. Canna Coco A+B. Some cal/mag. And I was giving them Velokelp (Remo's root enzyme) but I just ran out. I have been gradually stepping up the ec which is now 1.0.