What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Dubi - Thank you kindly for your assessment and suggestion. These genetics are very likely to come together indirectly.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Oh... I forgot to mention about the structure of the buds. Yes, like the one of two successful Thai grows I've ever had (so sad), my first indoor grow with HID lamps back in '82 with the seeds from the last batch of Thai and the only one that wasn't on a stick and heavily seeded, the buds have almost no stacking.

Those plants from back in '82 looked like this Gypsy Thai Stick cross:
picture.php

The aroma of the plant in the picture is very much like the Thai from back in the day. If this Zamaldelica shows even a hint of the magic I'm looking for, these genetics are on a collision course. If things work out, Zamaldelica by way of my SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked weed, and the Gypsy Thai Stick cross by the way of the Baglung Nepali.

Another possibility could be a direct pollination of Zamaldelica by the Gypsy Thai Stick because both are flowering right now. This would be 2 steps back in ripening of Zamaldelica, one step forward in ripening of Gypsy Thai Stick depending on perspective. Unfortunately, I've only got so many summers left in my life. This means chance plays a big part of where things can go.

My goal is early flowering Thai.

Dubi - Thanks for your part in this quest. Other people's successful Thai crosses have been invaluable. I've been searching these out for decades.

Zamaldelica:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

dillycid

Thanks Dubi, words well chosen. yes one should monitor the curing process by sampling on daily basis, at least once. It's a good feeling when what made you smile yesterday makes you grin today, stronger and longer. I'm curing for peak effect and is the 2 better 3 month recommendation for peak effect? What I'm asking is will the effect keep increasing in a somewhat linear fashion for 3 months? If so then there is nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

YukonKronic

Thanks Dubi, words well chosen. yes one should monitor the curing process by sampling on daily basis, at least once. It's a good feeling when what made you smile yesterday makes you grin today, stronger and longer. I'm curing for peak effect and is the 2 better 3 month recommendation for peak effect? What I'm asking is will the effect keep increasing in a somewhat linear fashion for 3 months? If so then there is nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
It’s fully “there” around 3 months and can continue to improve a bit after.. I have some GT that’s a year old and it’s stayed true to its 6 month mark since it passed.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Well now, because of timing issues with crosses I'm trying to make in my greenhouse, the collision course of Zamalelica genetics with Baglung Nepali genetics might not happen. So, what does a Thai leaning Zamaldelica need more of? The correct answer is MORE THAI!!!! Muhahahahaha! :bigeye: Why not? Come on man! Start dropping some pollen and let's make this happen:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

YukonKronic

Well now, because of timing issues with crosses I'm trying to make in my greenhouse, the collision course of Zamalelica genetics with Baglung Nepali genetics might not happen. So, what does a Thai leaning Zamaldelica need more of? The correct answer is MORE THAI!!!! Muhahahahaha! :bigeye: Why not? Come on man! Start dropping some pollen and let's make this happen:
View Image

ThaiBliss

If you ask really nice you might be able to talk Dubi into finding you some seeds of his Purple Zamal and you can get really into the Thai/Zam thing...:tiphat:
I still can’t wait to see what your Thai cross does:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I may have succeeded in a seed or two by way of a 50% SAGE male. The Gypsy Thai Stick and Laos plants are not progressing. I would have been extremely disappointed if I had not made any seeds from my two most Thai looking Zamaldelicas. I don't trust my skill in keeping cuttings alive for extended periods of time.

This is my favorite. I found what I think are two seeds! Hahahaha So sad, but if these are viable seeds, they are highly likely to ripen outside here:
picture.php

I think I may have dozens of seeds on my second favorite, based on looking like Thai phenotypes, Zamaldelica. This plant is much later flowering than the other one. I'm not sure the plants from these seeds will ripen outside in time at this latttitude:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Thai pheno

Thai pheno

1st Zamaldelica try, and pure Sativa try, and looks like I pulled the THAI pheno with only one germ’d. Coast of Maine Stonington blend going from cup to 2 gallon to 10 gallon after 5 weeks veg and LST. Vegetator blue light for veg is phenomenal and using HLG 550 for flower, using 11/13.
Topped only 1x and enjoy utilizing LST to cover large area. Running in a 4x4 tent with 2 Kumaoni, so I’m told, behind, so she’s easily filling a 4x2 area, while staying xs 1 foot from light. Skinny Thai leaves, branch structure, color red for 3 clones trimmed, and slow, small bud structure at 5 weeks flowered(pics). I’ve had some spider mite issues, but hard to avoid with soil, but kept at bay. Plant looks happy nutes wise with just Liquid Squid added to water schedule.
Any advice or heads up in what to expect going forward? Will she stretch much more over expected 12-14 week flower?
Super stoked

Attachments

• 7E024B8F-41C2-463A-A56C-356AB40C41F8.jpg
    7E024B8F-41C2-463A-A56C-356AB40C41F8.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 6C152754-2C56-47F0-B36F-4A06FFD30FCC.jpg
    6C152754-2C56-47F0-B36F-4A06FFD30FCC.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 62

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Scrogmeister :)

Thanks for sharing pics of your Zamaldelica. Looks to me like a Malawi/Thai - Golden Tiger pheno so far, we will be able to evaluate her in more detail once she is more advanced into flowering. I don't think she will stretch much more after this stage .... she will finish most probably under 14 week range. Looks very healthy and green, i would recommend you to lower down a lot the nitrogen and keep feeding strong with PK, in that way you will also avoid more stretching and the plant will focus more on flower production rather than stretching.

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :yes:

Thanks so much for the quick feedback, it was exactly what I was hoping for. Excited to enter the sativa world. No matter which Pheno it is, it will be a fun journey. I’ve added pics with lights on.
Transitioning to fish bone meal additive for flowering boost.

Attachments

• CBCAF2A9-AB1F-414B-8BF1-20454838C70E.jpg
    CBCAF2A9-AB1F-414B-8BF1-20454838C70E.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 54
  • CE3D9D25-73DB-4960-B3A2-79839C805841.jpg
    CE3D9D25-73DB-4960-B3A2-79839C805841.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 51
  • C286B358-D58D-40E2-9F85-BEA6401F7815.jpg
    C286B358-D58D-40E2-9F85-BEA6401F7815.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 11ABD7BF-0FA3-48FB-97E0-4A72C3709D3A.jpg
    11ABD7BF-0FA3-48FB-97E0-4A72C3709D3A.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 59

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome Scrogmeister,

I see you some burn tips so make her a flushing with RO water with correct PH and then continue with flowering feeding mainly based on PK and not so su much N.

Nice week of development & clone ?

Nice week of development & clone ?

About 7 weeks and aside from minor nute burn on tips and spider mites, she’s looking pretty all legs wide open. Only additive was liquid squid, due to ‘Kumaoni’ twins behind her starting yellowing a bit. Stopped that the other week and added fish bone meal. Excited with my 1st real Sativa after practicing on hybrids and indica, and I’ve learned the power is in the lights.
I cloned 3 branches at 4 weeks flowering when I saw how she was developing. I have never had clones take so quickly, easily and grow roots so rapidly. All 3 are ready to be transplanted out of 16 ounce cups <30 days. Question, do I need to increase the lights greater than 18/6 to get them to reveg fully?
I’m thinking of keeping 1 as a Mom, spray colloidal on another, and figure out the 3rd.
Any ideas?
Re:the ‘Kumaoni’ I mentioned, they came as an ACE Seeds 420 promo for Sensible, where the promo was FEMALE of Kumaoni, Sinai, Syria and Iranian. No one is producing Fems of those, so unsure of genetics as they don’t look like any pics I’ve seen and I can’t get a straight answer from Sensible, but they are fat budded fruity smelling ladies, so just an observation, not a criticism ?
Timing should be great for Zam to finish late Sept and cure for celebrating Christmas/New Years Eve. Fingers crossed ??

Attachments

• 17B9BD3F-44D1-4306-BA74-A622969DB33F.jpg
    17B9BD3F-44D1-4306-BA74-A622969DB33F.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 237144DF-C865-43CE-87EF-20A277FDC00C.jpg
    237144DF-C865-43CE-87EF-20A277FDC00C.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 53
  • BFADA233-219D-41F5-A2C8-230D6BEEEBEB.jpg
    BFADA233-219D-41F5-A2C8-230D6BEEEBEB.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20171129 182838
    20171129 182838
    64.6 KB · Views: 57

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are keeping clones for futher use Scrogmeister, Zamaldelica tropical sativa expressions like yours are a breeze to clone and the clones also will flower shorter and faster than the same mother from seed. Best wishes with the CS reversion.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Wow!!! I really do not know what is going on with my 10 month old Zami. She just keeps throwing new pistils. The colas are getting outrageous. I am going to let her go until she quits. But, who knows how long that will be???

gladysvjubb

Veteran
She is still fattening up MASSIVE colas.
I did cut some lower small branches that were done.
This plant was started from seed in late November, it is now Sep 15th.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear it gladysvjubb ;) Some Zamaldelica phenos can produce massive colas and abundant reflowerings under the correct growing conditions. Please, post some recent pics if you have the chance.

Hi Scrogmeister, i think yours will need approx 3 weeks more of flowering since your last update on 19th September on the Zamaldelica thread.
Really beautiful tropical sativa long spears :) I have the feeling she will be a great plant to experience the sativa glory you were seeking for after growing indicas and hybrids.

THANKS DUBI
Your advice is greatly appreciated. She just reached 13 weeks and i’m witnessing the importance of patients. Her buds are pulling together and pistols and bring up more each week. Tricomes have not changed that much, just as you and the other Zam experienced members predicted. I love how the leaves are just shedding as she finishes. Trimming will be a breeze. Peace

thedudefresco

Hey Dubi Dubi!!

How much longer does the plant above look like it needs?

I would like to harvest this on the earlier side of the ideal harvest window rather than the later, as I am looking for pure sativa like effects.

Plant appears to be senescing hard now. Its yellowing up quick.

I added a bit of nitrogen yesterday.