What's new

Zamaldelica - The Search for Trip Weed

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi ThaiBliss,

The black pepper aromas in Zamaldelica regular version comes from the Thai side of the hybrid.
Zamaldelica's Thai dominant black pepper phenos produce super electric cerebral effects with no ceiling or body heaviness, can be scary for those not used to this kind of effects.

Wish the weather there allows her to go enough into flowering and ripening.

My keeper definitely had a bit of black pepper background but still sweet carrot.

keeper
picture.php

55 days 11//13

picture.php

67 days 11/13

Dubi if someone wanted to find the ultimate killer trip weed through the Zamadelica line would you recommend the fems or the regs? I ran the regs. I have like 5 or so seeds from the keeper and a quick dropping male. I ran the rest which I didn't like just different. Still strong just different may have been the hydro not nearly as earthy and high was different. Gotta grab a couple packs of these.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag dillycid :)

As we commented via email, it is my guess that this plant coming from your Tropical Mix regular pack is a Zamaldelica, mainly due to her semi autoflowering traits and type of branching during summer, now she looks like she is producing fatty Malawi styled colas although not so killer like the best Malawi Killer phenos. I certainly would need to smell and smoke the finished product of the plant to fully confirm its genetic background.

If knowing exactly the genetics you are growing is a must for you, then we would recommend you to grow our strain releases and not the mixes.

Anyway, she certainly looks like a good yielding and fast flowering sativa pheno.

This is my first post and my first grow so bear with me.
These two Zamaldelica's came out of Ace's Tropical Mix regular.
I am told #1 is the Zamal pheno. It has been flowering for 77 days. the last couple days it has produced a bunch of new white hairs. I read somewhere that you can not rely on resin gland color to tell when Zamaldelica is done. Can anyone expand on this?
#3 What pheno is this?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi HillBillyAlien,

Pure Zamal has a few phenos. The woody and spicy pure Zamal phenos produce a super electric, scary and thought provoking trippy effect, almost like taking a strong stimulant with a bit of psychedelics. The mango carrot pheno like 'Gerrit's Zamal A' mother used in the development of our Zamaldelica hybrid has a much warmer and gentle effect, very uplifting and clear, but not so cold or nervous like the woody/spicy Zamals.

Our Zamaldelica elite mother has the best traits (terpene profile and quality of the effect) of pure Zamal A mother, but with better yield, better resin content, better indoor adaptability, denser flowering structure, higher potency and THC content... and avoiding the semi autoflowering traits and frequent % of hermies that pure Zamal crosses usually produce.

Zamaldelica feminized has been bred mainly towards Zamaldelica elite mother, while latest Zamaldelica regular version also had offspring coming from Zamaldelica elite mother (like the one Anjey is growing in his Z#4) but also offspring coming from Zamal/Thai phenos with more prevalence of pure Zamal woody/spicy phenos.

I would like to produce a pure Zamal release in the future but only if i manage to keep the hermie rates very down. So far, growers have been very happy with Zamaldelica releases and i certainly believe Zamaldelica holds all the best Zamal traits and avoids the worst ... so a pure Zamal release has not been a priority to me.

What would the effects be off the Zamal dominant pheno?

Also do you plan to make a pure zamal line?

dillycid

Thanks Dubi,
If I understand correctly this pheno's (from Topical Mix regular ordered from Seedsman on 3 Sep 2018) mother is the Zamaldelica 'elite' produced by 'Gerrit's Zamal A' and Golden Tiger(Malawi x Maeo Thai) and expresses Zamal A semi auto and that great mango/carrot smell but has cola's more characteristic of Malawi. If so...COOL!!! Here's the latest pic after 13 complete weeks of flowering.

P.S. Yes I am looking for specific genetics of the Thai from NE Thailand/Laos in the mid 70's and any advice would be greatly appreciated because i'm a getting the feeling that these genetics might have fallen victim to Nixon and Nancy's war not to mention the greed of short flowering/high yielding growers. But right now, today, I can come out of the closet/tent and resurrect her outdoors and it's legal so here I go in search of '76-'77 Thai trip weed. I hope it's possible.

Attachments

• Zamal pheno 91 days in flower.jpg
    Zamal pheno 91 days in flower.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 36

dillycid

Pulled her at 13 weeks and 2 days. 5-10% amber, 70-75% cloudy, the rest clear. My hands are black and sticky and this makes me happy. Will expand on my impressions of this pheno in about 3 months when I will have access to more pertinent information.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi LostTribe,

Sorry, i didn't see your question. You can find excellent 'trip weed' Zamaldelicas in both versions. The feminized version is more uniform and consistent for the best traits coming from Zamaldelica elite mother: more refined sweet candy fruity and floral terpenes, faster flowering, better indoor adaptability, more resinous, very strong psychedelic and uplifting warm effect.

The regular version is more varied and much more tropical, longer flowering, less tamed, lower yielding and with less refined terpenes and less resinous flowers in average than the feminized version. The best Zamal/Thai phenos of Zamaldelica regular version produce a very electric, trippy effect, but colder than the effects related to Zamaldelica elite mother, although the best Zamal/Thai Zamaldelica regular phenos have 0 body stone and 0 tolerance, so they probably have more 'trip weed' potential if you are ready to go so high and lose your mind with her, not for the scary smokers that's for sure. I prefer the warmth of Zamadelica elite mother, which is more prevalent in the feminized version.

Btw, both Zamaldelica versions are currently out of stock on our website so the remaining Zamaldelica stock is available only through our official retailers which still have a few packs left.

My keeper definitely had a bit of black pepper background but still sweet carrot.

Dubi if someone wanted to find the ultimate killer trip weed through the Zamadelica line would you recommend the fems or the regs? I ran the regs. I have like 5 or so seeds from the keeper and a quick dropping male. I ran the rest which I didn't like just different. Still strong just different may have been the hydro not nearly as earthy and high was different. Gotta grab a couple packs of these.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dillycid,

You are welcome :) And congrats on your harvest!

Yes, Zamaldelica (as stated in the official description of the strain) is a pure sativa polyhybrid bred using Gerrit's Zamal A mother, Malawi Killer and Meao/Hmong Thai from Cannabiogen.
The semi autoflowering traits in Zamaldelica come from Zamal.

I would highly recommend you Thai Chi in case you are interested in high quality Thai hybrids. I would like to release next year a couple of new pure sativa x Thai hybrids using the same Thai Chiang Mai mother.
I also would like to work on the reproduction of pure SE Asian sativas landraces in the upcoming years, pure Thais included.

And you are right, the prohibition and introduction of afghani indica genetics in the 80s have made disappear almost completely the most extreme old tropical sativa landraces, at least from the mainstream.
Doesn't look like now with the legalization they will do a come back, mainly because consumers are mainly looking for the next good looking cookie hybrid and commercial producers are not interested to work with long flowering sativas, so better grow your own good sativas and don't expect much from the mainstream.

Thanks Dubi,
If I understand correctly this pheno's (from Topical Mix regular ordered from Seedsman on 3 Sep 2018) mother is the Zamaldelica 'elite' produced by 'Gerrit's Zamal A' and Golden Tiger(Malawi x Maeo Thai) and expresses Zamal A semi auto and that great mango/carrot smell but has cola's more characteristic of Malawi. If so...COOL!!! Here's the latest pic after 13 complete weeks of flowering.

P.S. Yes I am looking for specific genetics of the Thai from NE Thailand/Laos in the mid 70's and any advice would be greatly appreciated because i'm a getting the feeling that these genetics might have fallen victim to Nixon and Nancy's war not to mention the greed of short flowering/high yielding growers. But right now, today, I can come out of the closet/tent and resurrect her outdoors and it's legal so here I go in search of '76-'77 Thai trip weed. I hope it's possible.

dillycid

Thanks Dubi, Yes I had decided to run Thai Chi in 2020. I am trying to get input on this Zamaldelica pheno (from Sep 2018 Tropical Mix reg) Is this Thai leaning?

Attachments

• Zam 64 days in flower.jpg
    Zam 64 days in flower.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Zam 64 days in flower (2).jpg
    Zam 64 days in flower (2).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 38

dillycid

I forgot to mention the other a day I caught a strong smell of what reminded me of the hot carmal they dip apples in at the fair.

yoss33

Veteran
Hey, dillycid, it looks like you are growing under the sun, not under artificial lights. If so, and if the sun has been strong (many hours of direct sun), you might try a sample and consider harvesting at least some part of this plant, because it looks done to me. If you like speedier and stronger effect under the sun, harvest it earlier, before the fresh smells become "earthy". The later harvest (when the pistils have withered) might be too calm in effect and not what you expect. Indoors the resin doesn't mature so quickly and you need to wait more..

YukonKronic

Thanks Dubi, Yes I had decided to run Thai Chi in 2020. I am trying to get input on this Zamaldelica pheno (from Sep 2018 Tropical Mix reg) Is this Thai leaning?

Looks like it’s a week or less from cut... fairly balanced looking pheno in my opinion. Kinda has some tropical looks but it’s finishing up faster than expected for much Thai influence to be there.
The fact it’s almost done at ten weeks says to me that it’s more Malawi or Zam dom than Thai... don’t discount it though. Malawi lends power and many short flowering phenos still have nice trippy effects it’s just a little less electric and a little more meditative and thought provoking... Not muddy or anything like a broad leaf.. just sort of like how tea is still nice and refreshing and hot but not quite so energizing as a stiff cuppa joe.. probably not even as big a difference as that actually but it’s as apt an analogy as I can think of at the moment...

YukonKronic

Just wanted to mention that if you find it keeps popping pistils very slowly for a week or ten days you can keep it going pretty much until your tired of waiting. I’ve seen a few that just fuck around putting on three calyxes at a time for ten days or so before finally giving up.. my favourite cut times on those were actually about 2/3 of the way through that final Languished period.. cut at the bitter end I found it was too relaxed and spacey... I like my Sativa to be stimulating.

Also: Yoss is probably correct having grown under the sun more than I have... just offering my two cents cause I’m fried and I likes to help when and how I can :)

dillycid

I cut her yesterday @ 68 days in flower. Seems like she just had enough. It was my birthday. Here's to beginnings!

Attachments

• Beginnings.jpg
    Beginnings.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 34

dillycid

I like to look at the roots of each plant and I try to recover as much of the root 'ball' as possible which is delicate when removing from soil. To me they look healthy, white with a lot of fine hairs. I only had enough "Recharge" for a couple months. Next time I won't run out. If you haven't tried Recharge you should!

Attachments

• The Other Half.jpg
    The Other Half.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 28

dillycid

Zamaldelica (Zamal leaning pheno) grown outdoors in 15 gal. of sub-par soil at 32 degrees N. Yield: 9.2 oz. of dried flower now curing. Here is a typical bud. It's weight is 5 grams. It has it's own curing jar and on Christmas day I am going to smoke it.

Attachments

• Your Choice.jpg
    Your Choice.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 33

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Zamaldelica almost made it to ripeness, but more frosts on the way. Pretty good showing all considered. A mostly Thai plant I have just started flowering, and a couple of Laos plants have not even started to show their gender. Zamaldelica is pretty tropical sativa looking for how early it is:
picture.php

picture.php

I think one cross to something earlier will allow this to ripen in my climate consistently.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
The aromas on these buds are really interesting. Got my first whiff of the mango carrot that everybody talks about. Combined with the leather smell, it's really disgusting. LOL. I do like the pepper and turpentine coming from the buds also. The pepper is the most dominant. From a purely aromatic preference, I'd trade all those strange smells for more pinene to go with the pepper. Maybe it will get me so high and feeling so good that it will change my mind. Hahahaha!

I can't stop staring at the picture of the fresh cut bud. Those small, distinct, little, fluffy flowers are so gorgeous to me. I know others look down at that, but I remember so many great experiences coming from buds like that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That bud looks tasty, dillycid :yummy:

Sativas of this kind really show their best after at least 2-3 months of curing, but it won't hurt if you try a bit during the first weeks of the aging process to learn how the terpenes and effects evolve through the curing ;)

Zamaldelica (Zamal leaning pheno) grown outdoors in 15 gal. of sub-par soil at 32 degrees N. Yield: 9.2 oz. of dried flower now curing. Here is a typical bud. It's weight is 5 grams. It has it's own curing jar and on Christmas day I am going to smoke it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ThaiBliss,

The buds of your Zamaldelica harvested branch really have the unmistakable Thai structure, slightly more dense than a pure thai, yet very very Thai/SE asian.

Usually those kind of Zamaldelica Zamal/Thai phenos from the regular release are not so floral or mango carrot, those phenos usually carry the Zamal woody and Thai spicy/peppery terpenes,
they are usually very electric in effect ;)

A cross between Zamaldelica of your taste and Baglung Nepalese would produce a very interesting early flowering sativa hybrid for your cold outdoor conditions.

Zamaldelica almost made it to ripeness, but more frosts on the way. Pretty good showing all considered. A mostly Thai plant I have just started flowering, and a couple of Laos plants have not even started to show their gender. Zamaldelica is pretty tropical sativa looking for how early it is:
View Image
View Image

I think one cross to something earlier will allow this to ripen in my climate consistently.

ThaiBliss

Latest posts

Latest posts