F1 x F2 top shot (1).jpeg

funkyhorse

F3 Zamal Thai girl 1 chop day
Mildew
F3 zamal Thai mildew.jpeg
F3 zamal Thai mildew (2).jpeg

Bud rot (and powdery mildew)
F3 zamal Thai 1 budrot.jpeg

Plants contaminated with indica genetics always finnish like this here. If it wouldnt be for potassium soap it would be much much worse and I would have to throw this plant to the garbage/compost
At least I got a good decent amount of PM free buds to test it
I am chopping her sister as fast as I can, maybe later today. She is also PM prone but she is doing much better. I will not push on the maturity thing on these plants profile
F3 zamal Thai 1 (1).jpeg
F3 zamal Thai 1 (3).jpeg
F3 zamal Thai 1 (4).jpeg
F3 zamal Thai top shot (2).jpeg
F3 zamal Thai 1 (5).jpeg
F3 zamal Thai 1 (6).jpeg

funkyhorse

Mango Zamal update
The whole Zamal project is pollinized with the Mango Zamal males
It is very long flowering like Double Zamal now is about 6 months from seed, they keep getting fatter buds
Mango Zamal girl 1 soil, I dont know if they are edible or not and it is growing only in that vegbox, they die and grow more it is constantly growing more mushrooms
Mango zamal 1 soil.jpeg

Girl 1 looks happy, she doesnt seem to mind the mushrooms at all
Lower bud
Mango zamal 1 lower bud.jpeg

Top shot
Mango zamal 1 top shot.jpeg

Mango Zamal girl 2 lower bud
Mango zamal 2 lower bud.jpeg

Top shot
Mango zamal 2 (4).jpeg

Mango Zamal girl 2 lower bud right and Double Zamal short pheno top shot left for comparison, both strains are the longest flowering Zamal from the current batch
Double zamal short pheno top shot left and mango zamal 1 lower bud right.jpeg

funkyhorse

New Caledonia girl 2 got chopped and trimmed
It has some PM
Very low productivity, similar productivity and trimming time like Seedsman Haze, wispy fenotrigo buds with a lot of leaf, trimming took 6 hours
Only worth it if the high is trippy mild entheogen synesthesia weed expanding your senses
Seed was sprouted on spring equinox, so around 7 months from seed to harvest

New Caledonia girl 2
NC 2 (4).jpeg
NC 2 (5).jpeg
NC 2 (6).jpeg
NC 2 (7).jpeg
NC 2 (8).jpeg
NC 2 (9).jpeg
NC 2 (10).jpeg

funkyhorse

It is harvest time for some plants
Zamal A short pheno is a low productivity plant, probably bred for indoors and is PM prone here so she got the chop. When I see PM after rain, now I dont try anymore and chop immediately to save the smoke
Zamal A short pheno top shot
Zamal A short pheno top shot.jpeg
Zamal A short pheno top shot (2).jpeg

Zamal A mildew
Zamal A short pheno mildew.jpeg

This is the rest of this low productivity plant with same features as her sisters: leaves are resin free, all resin is on bracts
Zamal A short pheno low productivity.jpeg
Zamal A short pheno.jpeg
Zamal A short pheno (2).jpeg
Zamal A short pheno (3).jpeg

I reuse every pot as soon as it frees and I plant in the same soil some vegetable for rotation
I am trying kale for the first time, this is on the Zamal A short pheno pot
Kale.jpeg

funkyhorse

Zamal A vegbox 3 was a plant producing very delicate flowers which fall easily from the branch, low productivity short 2 meter pheno good for indoors
No problem at all, no fungus no rot, same feature as sisters resin on bracts leaves have no resin
A lot of trimming time for this one
Zamal A 3 vegbox top shot are the first 2 pics
Zamal A vegbox 3 top shot (1).jpeg
Zamal A vegbox 3 top shot (2).jpeg
Zamal A vegbox 3 (1).jpeg
Zamal A vegbox 3 (4).jpeg
Zamal A vegbox 3 (6).jpeg
Zamal A vegbox 3 (5).jpeg
Zamal A vegbox 3 (8).jpeg

Sister Zamal A 1 lower branch is more productive than the whole plant above
Zamal A 1 lower branch (5).jpeg
Zamal A 1 lower branch (6).jpeg

After trimming it decided to leave the rest at least one more week, next week some more plants are getting the machete

funkyhorse

Foggy days, high humidity
Not good for Double Zamal Meao Thai pheno
It made bananas deep inside the flower and pollinized itself but because it was deep in the bud, hard to see the bananas until I see new seed getting formed. Luckily didnt affect the nearby plants
Top shot rot as well. Soap perfume terpenes
Double zamal banana top shot rot.jpeg
Double zamal banana rot.jpeg

Double Zamal banana
Double zamal banana (1).jpeg
Double zamal banana (2).jpeg
Double zamal banana (4).jpeg
Double zamal banana (5).jpeg
Double zamal banana (6).jpeg
Double zamal banana.jpeg
Double zamal banana (3).jpeg

funkyhorse

Mango Zamal girl 1 is the most impressive of the bunch together with her sister 2 which is coming behind and making even fatter buds than sister 1 and 2 auto Double Zamal phenos
They are in 40 lt vegboxes and it seems the size of the box is helping on them make a lot of resin. They are a lot more resinous than sisters in smaller vegboxes
I am not used to such resinous buds. This is the most sticky sativa I ever grew so far
Fluffy airy super resinous buds. I hope it smokes as it looks. I pushed her to the limit, only 2 little buds with rot
No bugs, no fungus. Potassium soap kept them away
Top shot
Mango zamal 1 top shot (1).jpeg
Mango zamal 1 top shot (2).jpeg
Mango zamal 1 top shot (3).jpeg

Mango Zamal 1
Mango zamal 1 (9).jpeg
Mango zamal 1 (11).jpeg
Mango zamal 1 (12).jpeg
Mango zamal 1 (16).jpeg
Mango zamal 1 (18).jpeg
Mango zamal 1 (19).jpeg
Mango zamal 1 (14).jpeg

funkyhorse

Plants are starting to come down and its a lot of work
Mango Zamal 5 is the shortest and lowest productivity of the bunch
She makes resin but it is not sticky like sister 1
Sister 1 was 2,5 meter tall and Mango Zamal 5 is just 1 meter tall
She could have gone a few more days. I think the sticky resin helps also on rot while if it is not that sticky they can last a little longer
Mango zamal 5 (1).jpeg
Mango zamal 5 (2).jpeg
Mango zamal 5 (3).jpeg
Mango zamal 5 (4).jpeg
Mango zamal 5 (5).jpeg
Mango zamal 5 (6).jpeg
Mango zamal 5 (7).jpeg
Mango zamal 5 (8).jpeg

Tomorrow I am chopping this F3 Zamal Thai 3 meter tall pheno, very impressive resin on this girl too
F3 zamal Thai 4 (2).jpeg

MadMac

far beyond driven...
wow....
many thx @funkyhorse for documenting it all and also your honest about genetics and how they do in your environment....
well looks like you're found finally stable plants that made it to the harvest...
keeping cut's is always good too... i'll know lot's of work... here too...
but you can regrow or breed the best plants you're found in the grow...
that's how i'll do it and how i'll select the best ... you see them growing/flowering and finishing...
now do a smoke test and you finally know your queens to go with...
many thx for the good documentation as well...

maybe maybe... if i'll was you ... i'll would get some solar panels and run extra light & dehumidifier @ your place... with little battery you can run the dehumidifier over night... it sucks around 90w ... so a truck battery would work to keep it running...

keep it up & happy you got so far....!
much much respect
thank you
M.:smoker:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Zamal A vegbox 2
This one is indoor plant as well and auto pheno
No mold no fungus
Same feature like sisters, resin on bracts
View attachment 18833611 View attachment 18833612 View attachment 18833613 View attachment 18833614 View attachment 18833615 View attachment 18833616 View attachment 18833617
New caledonia girl 2 I made brick almost half of it. I hope to try it in 6 months time
View attachment 18833619 View attachment 18833620 View attachment 18833621
What is the weed wrapped inside funky?

funkyhorse

What is the weed wrapped inside funky?
Its New caledonia girl 2, this plant
I will probably wrap a few more and I want to try the bamboo cure as well
I might even make 2 bricks of the same variety and bury one of these banana bark bricks to see if there is any difference to non buried
New Caledonia girl 2 got chopped and trimmed
It has some PM
Very low productivity, similar productivity and trimming time like Seedsman Haze, wispy fenotrigo buds with a lot of leaf, trimming took 6 hours
Only worth it if the high is trippy mild entheogen synesthesia weed expanding your senses
Seed was sprouted on spring equinox, so around 7 months from seed to harvest

New Caledonia girl 2
View attachment 18832820 View attachment 18832822 View attachment 18832823 View attachment 18832824 View attachment 18832825 View attachment 18832826 View attachment 18832827

funkyhorse

wow....
many thx @funkyhorse for documenting it all and also your honest about genetics and how they do in your environment....
well looks like you're found finally stable plants that made it to the harvest...
keeping cut's is always good too... i'll know lot's of work... here too...
but you can regrow or breed the best plants you're found in the grow...
that's how i'll do it and how i'll select the best ... you see them growing/flowering and finishing...
now do a smoke test and you finally know your queens to go with...
many thx for the good documentation as well...

maybe maybe... if i'll was you ... i'll would get some solar panels and run extra light & dehumidifier @ your place... with little battery you can run the dehumidifier over night... it sucks around 90w ... so a truck battery would work to keep it running...

keep it up & happy you got so far....!
much much respect
thank you
I keep searching and I guess the search never stops, it is really fun growing
I am trying to reveg all of the Mango Zamal under 16 hours of light indoors.
Mango Pepper and Mango Karut took 2 months to reveg indoors
I am no commercial breeder, it is just for myself
The whole project is pollinized with mango zamal males, so I will have seed of every plant. I will only know which seed I will search in the future after I smoke them

This is today, there was fog 3 consecutive days with visibility of just 40 mts. Driving is dangerous under such fog
Fog.jpeg

This is a normal autumm morning. I have a plug in my GH I can plug a dehumidifier
Do you really think it will help? It is a big greenhouse of about 25 mt2 and 3 mts tall, I doubt a small thing will help, I think big ass dehumidifiers would be needed
Morning dew.jpeg

But then, I am a nomad. I will not stay at this place forever. After the adventures with my 4 legged friend Tiger who is now 9 years old are over, I am going back to Asia and hopefully grow my weed in Asia.
So I will keep this greenhouse makeshift and low cost

About the extra lighting, absolutely no need here, the sun is very strong in the southern hemisphere with very high UV. It is dangerous to expose yourself to the sun even in winter time
The extra lighting is used here outdoors for vegging plants

MadMac

far beyond driven...
But then, I am a nomad. I will not stay at this place forever. After the adventures with my 4 legged friend Tiger who is now 9 years old are over, I am going back to Asia and hopefully grow my weed in Asia.
So I will keep this greenhouse makeshift and low cost
got it... but well me think it will help... the dehumidifier... have also a small one in 5x5x2.5 m room... no problem... this will do the job also when room is full with plants... cost around 300€ but you can also go cheaper ... 150€ ... also they don't need much power... and you have some ventilation in your room... driven by solar power @ day & battery @ night would be easy and cheap if power cost is a problem... there are also some with UV light to clean the air from spores and other fungi ... very very helpful... think most of the problems are gone than...
1682669093183.png

After the adventures with my 4 legged friend Tiger who is now 9 years old are over
wow ... love Tigers... amazing you got a friendship...!
any chance for a picture?
and 9 years ... come on ... with your care....
think 10 years + you will be there... ;-)
keep it up brother!

funkyhorse

Very busy trimming and jarring plants these days
Both Zamal A and Double Zamal gave at least 2 plants per pheno from the pack
Both Zamal A auto phenos with chandelier branching have been chopped, very similar plants with very similar looking buds
Very impressive productivity these 2. Something around 10 times more productivity than sisters
I am not a fan of these polyhybrid thing that is so popular in the canna world. I am not interested in pheno hunting, I want to sprout seeds and get plants like these, not a polyhybrid festival with spectacular plants like these ones together with plants that rot or are modern indica weed with terpenes and problems in this natural environment not of my liking
Zamal A 1
Zamal A 1 (1).jpeg
Zamal A 1 (5).jpeg
Zamal A 1 (6).jpeg
Zamal A 1 (7).jpeg
Zamal A 1 (8).jpeg
Zamal A 1 (10).jpeg
Zamal A 1 (11).jpeg
Zamal A 1 top shot (2).jpeg

MadMac

far beyond driven...
WOW what a monster ....