What's new

Zamal genetics side by side test comparison grow

funkyhorse

Zamal x Oldtimer haze is longer flowering than Zamal x Smoh Bx and has lower landrace resistance
Zamal x Ot1hz girl 4 at the lower greenhouse finnished well but with lower productivity than sisters at the upper one
Zamal MP x ot1hz 4 bottom greenhouse (1).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz 4 bottom greenhouse (2).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz 4 bottom greenhouse (3).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz 4 bottom greenhouse (4).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz 4 bottom greenhouse (5).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz 4 bottom greenhouse (6).jpeg

Zamal x Ot1hz girl 5 is the first to have aphids this season, also lower productivity than the rest of ther sisters at the upper GH
Zamal MP x ot1hz 5 (1).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz 5 (2).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz 5 (3).jpeg

I am not growing weed for flavour or terps
I am not growing weed for narcotic properties
If you will smash your indica buds into a brick what you will get is worse
Your indica buds were always made hash in the 20th century, never smoked as buds.
Sativas were made brick in the 20th century
I love hash too but this thread is about a pure tropical sativa which flowers for 120 days outdoors aproximately and needs equal time to cure properly and get strong, and its hybrids or polyhybrids
Zamal seems to get stronger as time passes by and this is the kind of weed I look for and want to grow

I grow weed to get high and I can grow pure tropical sativas in my greenhouse
To every person its own
I am not against millennials but I am against anyone of any age who mouth too much without having any experience about what they talk about

I care about quality of effects and I seem to find the effects I like in slow curing long flowering sativas, it matches what I smoked in 32 years of backpacking around the planet and it is not something that you can grow easily in Usa or away from the tropics as other forum members point out
I also like to grow tropical sativas. I’m lucky I live in Hawaii so they do really well here. I can relate to the longer the cure the more trippy it gets. Lmk if you want to try some of my creations. or creation. At the moment Im loving on a Molokai frost x Durban skunk (sativa leaning) first outdoor sativa I grew that the sun leaves get Tri combs

funkyhorse

I also like to grow tropical sativas. I’m lucky I live in Hawaii so they do really well here. I can relate to the longer the cure the more trippy it gets. Lmk if you want to try some of my creations. or creation. At the moment Im loving on a Molokai frost x Durban skunk (sativa leaning) first outdoor sativa I grew that the sun leaves get Tri combs
Thank you for the offer.
Not all of the weed I grow gets better with longer cure, it is strain dependant.
It is a feature of 20th century ganja weed and it seems most of it is gone, at least it is not commercially available

This is the last of this grow
This Zamal x Ot1hz I gave present to my neighbours who helped me with trimming. I dont know if I could have harvested all this grow alone, I doubt it
Zamal MP x ot1hz last (1).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz last (2).jpeg

And this is the last Zamal x Oldtimer Haze green, it made bananas, very long flowering and little productivity
The veredict is very clear from this grow: the best is Zamal Mp x Smoh and Smoh has proven as a good breeding tool as opposed to Oldtimer Haze. From the same mom a got more reliable and better productivity with smoh
Last time I grow anything related with this Ot1hz
First pic show bananas but I saw a few more. I saw more crosses with Ot1hz making bananas
Zamal MP x ot1hz banana 🍌 (2).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz banana 🍌 (3).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz banana 🍌 (6).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz banana 🍌 (7).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz banana (1).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz banana (3).jpeg

The last plant remaining is Mauritius x Ethiopian, I will probably cull next days
This is the never finnishing plant, 5 and half months flowering and no sign of being ready soon
M x E 1 (9).jpeg
M x E 1 (10).jpeg

kokomarin

Seedsman oh, goingray.
My othxoh come from Johnny C,red dominant.
Also,only strain wich carry haze incense to auto crosses,in my case.https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/je0shmtYfiln
High from auto still have some havy legs moment,but othxoh is the best what I find in long flowering haze strains.

Marcus67

Honestly I don't think any strain on the planet requires a 4 month cure and truly don't understand how smashing buds into a brick and destroying trichromes could ever yield a better product. Lab results are higher in every aspect. Definitely including terpenes. Smelliest most flavor ridden weed being produced now then ever produced.

No disrespect but when I read ads like this all I can think is nostalgia and low tolerance to be the reasoning. Regardless to each their own. Mid smoker's unite. Pesky new age unseeded weed not even properly smashed into a brick while still wet. How dare these millenials destroy what was once good and pure.
I can attest to the value in compressing sativas. 1) they are not dense so they lose terpenes fast. Compression slows that loss, making them retain terps better like OGs. 2) compressing smears trichome oils onto plant matter, turning into a brown gooey hashlike bud without worry of them breaking and falling off. 3) low oxygen from compression and platic wrapping the bricks preserves the THC from oxidizing into CBN (there is no more air/oxygen inside the buds). 4) no oxygen prevents mold so buds can be a bit wetter than the standard 62% humidity, which 5) also helps curing greens into smoother browns. Malawi cob style cure happens where fermentation turns the greens into browns, making it a very smooth and powerful smoke. The high from 90s brick weed was always better than the Amsterdam beautiful bud I smoked in the 90s...way more psychedelic with less of a ceiling or tolerance buildup...less dizzy/fuzzy/tired boring high. Who cares if you had to smoke a bit more. Out of all the traits in this plant (potency, bag appeal, flavor, yeild, flowering time), the trait of "effect" has been given the least priority by breeders over the last 30 years because it's hands down the hardest trait to breed for, but also the most important I think. Therefore, understanding that brick weed from decades ago having better effects should not be shocking to anyone.

Last edited:

funkyhorse

This is Double Zamal rot 1 brick made with banana bark just opened with over 6 months cure
Double zamal brick (1).jpeg
Double zamal brick (2).jpeg
Double zamal brick (3).jpeg
Double zamal brick (4).jpeg

This brick is a mixture of everything in this thread with 5 and a half months cure
Alquímico (1).jpeg
Alquímico (2).jpeg
Alquímico (3).jpeg

Bricks smoke smoother and better than bud but modern breeders dont know about this cure and never smoked brick so it is tricky to find proper quality weed to brick because modern weed degrades too fast and traditional weed for this cure is very slow and long curing making its peak 2 years after brick is done

Marcus67

Honestly I don't think any strain on the planet requires a 4 month cure and truly don't understand how smashing buds into a brick and destroying trichromes could ever yield a better product. Lab results are higher in every aspect. Definitely including terpenes. Smelliest most flavor ridden weed being produced now then ever produced.

No disrespect but when I read ads like this all I can think is nostalgia and low tolerance to be the reasoning. Regardless to each their own. Mid smoker's unite. Pesky new age unseeded weed not even properly smashed into a brick while still wet. How dare these millenials destroy what was once good and

EnjoyingLife

Thaidelica

Out of the Zamaldelica breeders pack, this one has the least Zamal on it. This one in fact belongs to my next Thai project I am sprouting next month
I am intending to do a triple Thai with this strain crossing this with my Northern Thailand boys. Males will be culled
11 out of 12 sprouted
View attachment 18779212
Bugs have been tasting the goods. I like it, they tried it and never came back for more. The rest of the plants have not been attacked. Zamal has good bug resistance, Thai too
View attachment 18779213 View attachment 18779214
At the end of the month I am sprouting Kalite Tizane, Mango Karut and Mauritius x Ethiopian packs to complete the 9 strains for this test grow
"Kalite Tizane, Mango Karut and Mauritius x Ethiopian"
Have you previously tried any of these?
If so, thoughts?

Mimpi Manis

I can attest to the value in compressing sativas. 1) they are not dense so they lose terpenes fast. Compression slows that loss, making them retain terps better like OGs. 2) compressing smears trichome oils onto plant matter, turning into a brown gooey hashlike bud without worry of them breaking and falling off. 3) low oxygen from compression and platic wrapping the bricks preserves the THC from oxidizing into CBN (there is no more air/oxygen inside the buds). 4) no oxygen prevents mold so buds can be a bit wetter than the standard 62% humidity, which 5) also helps curing greens into smoother browns. Malawi cob style cure happens where fermentation turns the greens into browns, making it a very smooth and powerful smoke. The high from 90s brick weed was always better than the Amsterdam beautiful bud I smoked in the 90s...way more psychedelic with less of a ceiling or tolerance buildup...less dizzy/fuzzy/tired boring high. Who cares if you had to smoke a bit more. Out of all the traits in this plant (potency, bag appeal, flavor, yeild, flowering time), the trait of "effect" has been given the least priority by breeders over the last 30 years because it's hands down the hardest trait to breed for, but also the most important I think. Therefore, understanding that brick weed from decades ago having better effects should not be shocking to anyone.
The results I get from vacuum packing my bud aligns with your experience regarding cure. I have examples of 18 months in cure that have come out stellar and way more tasty smooth and potent. Most of my grows are sativa or sativa leaning... which does seem to lend itself to long cure. What is going on in the cure exactly? Buggered if I know. But magic will suffice for now given the results.

Attachments

• CuredZ99-web.jpg
    CuredZ99-web.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 41
  • CuredRedD--web.jpg
    CuredRedD--web.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 45
  • a-SSHCured-web.jpg
    a-SSHCured-web.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 46

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
The results I get from vacuum packing my bud aligns with your experience regarding cure. I have examples of 18 months in cure that have come out stellar and way more tasty smooth and potent. Most of my grows are sativa or sativa leaning... which does seem to lend itself to long cure. What is going on in the cure exactly? Buggered if I know. But magic will suffice for now given the results.
Your weed has Fermented slowly over time. Have a little read of Tangwena's https://www.icmag.com/threads/malawi-style-cob-curing.309936/post-18497985

A lot of us do this on purpose and with practice can dial in effects 🙂

yoss33

Veteran
Great journal, funkyhorse! I hope you'll share a comparison of the effects of all these Zamal-related genetics.
I had a Zamaldelica mother that I kept for 5 years by having to regularly change the soil of the clones and by simply taking a new clone before the mother clone starts the "semi-autoflowering". This was triggered by root-boundness and made rooting of new clones much harder (impossible with the simple way I clone).
I found it interesting that the effect of this Zamaldelica differed greatly between sinsemilla and seeded bud - a very potent trippy punch vs a boring dull weak foggy high (even worse than harvested very late). I've had other strains (inc. Mexican and Indian sativas) that have very nice effect of the seeded buds, but Zamaldelica differs. So comparing more and less seeded Zamal plants might give wrong impressions.
All the best!

funkyhorse

Thank you Yoss
From all the stock I got, the most potent Zamal cross was the one I got from Wally MBS x Zamal. But the high wasnt my favourite. And then second place was one pheno from the difficult to germinate Mango Pepper I got from French Touch Seeds and third place was the Mango Pepper x Ohz
I am not a fan at all of these indica x sativa or sativa x indica crosses. I didnt like the Zamaldelica Breeders Pack at all, it is not my type of weed, I like pure sativas and all this stock it is indica weed on sativa frame which I dont like nor crave, I gave all of the grow away to neighbours, this stock is not good for traditional cures

All of the different Zamal crosses behave like semiauto here outdoors. Indoors I succeeded to reveg some under 16 hours of light but I couldnt reveg the MBS x Zamal under 16 hours so I tossed them

I like traditional weed
This is some experimental Thai Haze bamboo cure
Excellent results, I didnt expect it, it is better than the banana bark cure. Very similar to local landrace weed. I got feedback the banana bark cure gives same taste/terpenes as the local landrace and neighbours like it very much
I tried 2 different ways, results are very similar
I tried with dry weed and moist weed. Against my expectations, the moist one is better than the dry one for this cure. With the moist weed you can put a lot more quantity and final results are very similar for both because they clearly ferment
In front is the dry weed and in the back is the moist one. A lot more quantity and pressure in the moist one, very similar to local landrace, only different shape. I will experiment it for sure again this coming season
Thai haze Bamboo cure front dry back moist (1).jpeg
Thai haze Bamboo cure front dry back moist (2).jpeg

This is the moist one, surprisingly better than the dry one and better than the banana bark cure
Amazing handicraft
Thai haze Bamboo cure (2).jpeg
Thai haze Bamboo cure (3).jpeg
Thai haze Bamboo cure (1).jpeg

Mimpi Manis

I'm reminded a little of the SE Asian weed in the 70's (Malaysia/Singapore and likely Aceh or Thai origins) that came in brown paper 'bullets'. A good 10 grams of pressed product in each one. Tho it looked quite different to what you have here. Somewhat drier and a lovely light green/gold. A little crunchy to break up into a racehorse joint. Some of the most impressive, powerful and trippy weed I've tried ever.

I have some very suitable bamboo... and maybe something to fill it with in a while. Might give this method a shot. Can you expand a little on your method? I am not a fan of losing good weed to mould or other issues. Getting the moisture levels right and having amenable weather definitely requires some attention when using these methods. Always been a big fan of getting the cure right. Vacuum packing works well for me, but always interesting to pursue a novel idea. MM

Latest posts

Latest posts